Be Honest .....

SaintRay

What year did you become a fan of your favorite NFL team.....

Me = Saints in 1967 as a young guy watching on TV with my Dad. By 1970, my brother and I were attending games on the old Student Ticket program along with my parents.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During their Super Bowl run, it was around the same time the Vols were as big as they were going to be for some time and my dad got me into football the best he could. It was easier to be a Vol fan well into the 21st century but the Falcons returned to relevance around the same time it became apparent that being a Vol fan wasn't going to get better than it had been and I was in deep during Vick's first year starting, so I missed most of the $hit that hung over the Falcons for most of the franchise's existence but I packed a lot of misery into a few years and learned to hate loving a college team in the years after.

1992....I was flipping through channels and decided to watch the game, I chose to root for them and Ive been a fan since.

Serge...seems you and I cant agree on anything...

319499_2284806952925_287498699_n.jpg

I was actually a oilers fan before i was a falcon fan. I dont remember how i got into football or the first game i watched. I was a HUGE Glandville fan and when he came over i followed him as a fan. The falcons didnt have the winning history where people think your a bandwagon fan at that time.

I also like the underdogs and the joy of seeing the dogs bite the sure thing winner teams. i dont remember much from those days. To many extra things going into my body dampened my memory for those days. Its a big blur.

1992....I was flipping through channels and decided to watch the game, I chose to root for them and Ive been a fan since.

Serge...seems you and I cant agree on anything...

319499_2284806952925_287498699_n.jpg

Are you one of those people that think the Dawgs should have been given a shot in the National Title Game in 2007?

1982. My brother and I liked AFC teams prior (he liked the Oilers and I liked the Chargers). I decided to just follow the Saints as I could see them every week as opposed to San Diego who was getting fewer and fewer national games as the Coryell years were winding down. I remember subscribing to the Chargers Weekly and getting it a week after the games it previewed had already been played... Man, the internet has sure made it easier to get info.

Are you one of those people that think the Dawgs should have been given a shot in the National Title Game in 2007?

Sure am...

• LSU had 2 SEC losses...UGA had 2 SEC losses
  • LSU's opponent's overall record 80-65, UGA's opponent's overall record 81-64
  • LSU lost its #1 ranking twice that year
  • UGA stomped the **** out of the #1 offense in the NCAA, Hawaii, 42-10

Edited by Rave

Sure am, ask Hawaii how they feel about our claim...LSU had 2 losses and so did UGA.

We won 6 games in a row to end that year and tore apart the best offense in the nation...outscoring them 42-10...tell me we didnt deserve a higher challenge.

Give me one reason why LSU should have been in the BCS Championship game after losing their #1 ranking not once but twice that year.

Dont even get me started on the BCS and how bad the system is.

If Georgia was a team of destiny that year, you'd think they'd have been in the SEC Championship.

If Georgia was a team of destiny that year, you'd think they'd have been in the SEC Championship.

There were more than just UGA fans saying that the championship game should have been USC vs UGA. The reason we were in the SEC Championship game was because Tennessee beat us that year. Otherwise everything would have been equal. Its another example of the BCS getting it wrong. In a playoff at least UGA would have had a chance prove whether or not they belonged instead of a **** computer saying they didnt. I cant wait for 2014.

Edited by Rave

There were more than just UGA fans saying that the championship game should have been USC vs UGA. The reason we were in the SEC Championship game was because Tennessee beat us that year. Otherwise everything would have been equal. Its another example of the BCS getting it wrong. In a playoff at least UGA would have had a chance prove whether or not they belonged instead of a **** computer saying they didnt.

I'm not saying that it makes me happy to think that the coolest thing the Vols have done in five years is play spoiler to what was probably a more talented team that picked the wrong week to fall asleep on their opponent, but I am saying that it makes me feel a little warm and fuzzy knowing that I saw a National Championship in my lifetime as a college football fan and my team also played the main role in screwing UGA out of the best shot its going to have until Saban and Miles move on.

I'm not saying that it makes me happy to think that the coolest thing the Vols have done in five years is play spoiler to what was probably a more talented team that picked the wrong week to fall asleep on their opponent, but I am saying that it makes me feel a little warm and fuzzy knowing that I saw a National Championship in my lifetime as a college football fan and my team also played the main role in screwing UGA out of the best shot its going to have until Saban and Miles move on.

I actually respect Miles, Saban is a cheater and a liar.

Around 1993....when it was first announced that Charlotte will be awarded a NFL team. Before that, I was like 10 yrs old, didn't follow football prior to that.

I have to admit, I was never a "fan" of the Panthers, but I did love using them in football video games. Mainly for the unis.

I have to admit, I was never a "fan" of the Panthers, but I did love using them in football video games. Mainly for the unis.

Part of me wishes that they'd update the uniform design. Get more modern with it.. I did love them back in the day though. Loved the Carolina Blue.

Part of me wishes that they'd update the uniform design. Get more modern with it.. I did love them back in the day though. Loved the Carolina Blue.

They used to be my choice for when Id make a fantasy draft team on Madden...now I use Atlanta and move them to Athens.

Became a die hard fan in 1983 going to the games with my Pops. I remember the Dome would be going crazy every week, but by the end of the games it would as quiet as a library lol. Still loved going to all the home games, cause the Saints were the only show in town.

Became a die hard fan in 1983 going to the games with my Pops. I remember the Dome would be going crazy every week, but by the end of the games it would as quiet as a library lol. Still loved going to all the home games, cause the Saints were the only show in town.

They are still the only show in town. No matter who fans support, it's always fond memories of going to the games with your dad. My son and I have been going to the Falcon games together for 11 years now. I know he'll remember these trips long after I'm gone.

They are still the only show in town. No matter who fans support, it's always fond memories of going to the games with your dad. My son and I have been going to the Falcon games together for 11 years now. I know he'll remember these trips long after I'm gone.

I agree they are the main attraction, but with the Hornets in town now (yeah, I know I know lol) atleast there's something else to do, that's not saying much with them but hey it's something right

My dad hates sports. I guess thats why I got into sports so late. I cant wait to have a son to go on trips such as these with.

Edited by Rave