Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

j.lane lineman

Drew---Hot Air---Brees Says

If Drew Brees refuses to play for 1 million dollars a game, he will become the bad guy. And he will gain nothing from it at all. The Saints will tag him again just to spite him.

I don't think there is any way that Drew Brees will look like the bad guy to the public. The Saints front office is already in shambles and Drew Brees is the golden boy of that city. Even if they did tag him again, the front office would have so much pressure from the fan base that their best interests would be to trade him away to a team that could use him. Similar to what the Cincinnati Bengals did with Carson Palmer. Except, I promise there will be plenty more suitors for Drew Brees.

Drew has been injured while playing under a tag before. He's older now and more established. I sincerely believe that he is not going to risk getting his last big paycheck to collect $1 million a game for a season while still having no guaranteed future contract.

drew has made the statment that he would not play under the tag this year if a long term contract could not be reached. do you think he is on the up and up, or just full of hot air.

If somehow he goes to another team this year or next yall boys will hear it from Swifty. Trust me.

Buddy thought we should have picked up PManning this year. If we pass on Manning and Brees in two seasons get ready for 87 personalities.

If somehow he goes to another team this year or next yall boys will hear it from Swifty. Trust me.

Buddy thought we should have picked up PManning this year. If we pass on Manning and Brees in two seasons get ready for 87 personalities.

No way in **** the Saints trade Drew Brees to a division rival.

Regardless of the situation it is sure as **** better to have our quiet off season with new coordinators and a few good vet FA pickups and a pretty good draft compared to the mess the Saints have been going through.

Guest TheIdowu

I don't get it. . . . . If I am the franchise, I am irritated at Brees' apparent arrogance and diva attitude. I aint paying ONE individual player a contract that could represent 20 to 25% of the salary cap; no way in Hades. Ok, let's give this guy a contract worth a fifth of the salary cap for x amount of years. Get outta here! I don't care who or what he is. Brees deserves a nice contract, yes, but this thang is getting ridiculous. You'd think they won the SB every season he has been there.

Guest TheIdowu

Another thing, if the Saints make him worth a fifth of the salary cap, that is plain stupid. . . business, financial, and franchise wise.

I don't care how much money you have losing $17 mil is bad business no way you slice it. And he said on David Letterman he would play under the franchise tag. He can sit out the first 9 weeks of the season and still able to earn his money for the tag. He has to be sign by Week 10 or he loses that money. He isn't giving up that much money

Another thing, if the Saints make him worth a fifth of the salary cap, that is plain stupid. . . business, financial, and franchise wise.

Not really man. He puts people in seats. People love having a contender every year. He makes the Saints a contender. You have to make sacrifices to have a player like him, but the pros outweigh the cons in a lot of areas, especially the most important area: business. He's a money maker and he is the reason why Tom Benson hasn't skipped town yet.

No way in **** the Saints trade Drew Brees to a division rival.

They won't have to trade him in 2013.

2012 - Peyton Mannng

2013 - Drew Brees

If that happens and we pass on both, Swifty will be all over yall boys. Unless Ryan outplays both of em.

Yall ready for that? I don't think so. Yall already complaining about his 2012 posts.

Guest TheIdowu

Not really man. He puts people in seats. People love having a contender every year. He makes the Saints a contender. You have to make sacrifices to have a player like him, but the pros outweigh the cons in a lot of areas, especially the most important area: business. He's a money maker and he is the reason why Tom Benson hasn't skipped town yet.

I understand this perspective and I actually thought about this before making this post you responded to. He is indeed the reason Benson stayed put, that's fo' sho'. I can also understand this POV because without Brees, the aints are just a little bit better than the Colts last season.

2013 is next year. The saints can tag him next year weather he plays this year or not. So yes they would have to trade him to us in order for him to play for us next year.

Exactly. The only way Drew Brees will be a Falcon (can't believe I'm even saying that) is if we got him in 2014.

I am pretty sure that Brees will play, and not miss a season. However, that does not mean that he will be a happy camper, and this could cause him to make more mistakes and possibly lower his level of play slightly.

Brees' issue with the franchise tag is when he played under it in San Diego, he was injured with no long term contract and no guarantee so he has sworn he would never play under it again.

If he plays under the tag with NO now he is older with fewer productive years. If he is injured again, he is done.

Brees' issue with the franchise tag is when he played under it in San Diego, he was injured with no long term contract and no guarantee so he has sworn he would never play under it again.

If he plays under the tag with NO now he is older with fewer productive years. If he is injured again, he is done.

Yeah, it's just hard for me to have sympathy for a guy that would be stuck with ONLY the $60 million he's made the last 6 years and $16 million for this season.

That still leaves him set up pretty good.

This isn't like some young player on a rookie contract who is playing at an All Pro level and wants to get paid more than minimum wage.

drew has made the statment that he would not play under the tag this year if a long term contract could not be reached. do you think he is on the up and up, or just full of hot air.

The ARROGANT............CHARMED.................Brees is the Poster Child of all "hot shot" Star professional athletes everywhere. They evolve from being above average or gifted jocks who love their sport, into arrogant "Gods" of wealth and idolatry, completely out of touch with reality and the common man. Then they develop their act of innocence where they pretend to only want to be paid so they can "Support their Family". Uh huh, on $23 million a year.................400 times what the "average Joe" works his butt off for to try to stay alive.

And we keep supporting this charade, this insanity, this nonsense.

Enough to make you puke.

Yeah, it's just hard for me to have sympathy for a guy that would be stuck with ONLY the $60 million he's made the last 6 years and $16 million for this season.

That still leaves him set up pretty good.

This isn't like some young player on a rookie contract who is playing at an All Pro level and wants to get paid more than minimum wage

He has plenty of money, but he also has a job that allows him to make that money. If he's one of the best at doing that job then I don't see what is wrong with wanting to be paid like the best.

This is ultimately a family decision with Drew Brees. He wsnts his standard of living to stay consistent for the rest of his life, his kids's lives, his grandkids's live, and so on. If you had the chance to do that for your family all while retiring before the age of 40 wouldn't you take it?

The ARROGANT............CHARMED.................Brees is the Poster Child of all "hot shot" Star professional athletes everywhere. They evolve from being above average or gifted jocks who love their sport, into arrogant "Gods" of wealth and idolatry, completely out of touch with reality and the common man. Then they develop their act of innocence where they pretend to only want to be paid so they can "Support their Family". Uh huh, on $23 million a year.................400 times what the "average Joe" works his butt off for to try to stay alive.

And we keep supporting this charade, this insanity, this nonsense.

Enough to make you puke.

Brees is going to play. Saying otherwise is just wishful thinking

If the off-chance he doesn't then it's probably one of the stupidest decisions in NFL history for the Saints not giving that man his money.

If Drew Brees has so much money, why is it so important to him to break the bank? That's what I can't figure out.

Is it just a stone cold ego thing?

it's probably his last big pay day. if he plays under the tag and suffers a serious injury that goes away.