So, Preseason football in the Dome is just over a month away. Generally, I try to unload my tickets for as close to face value as I can get. It's hard to justify taking time off of work to drive 2 1/2 hrs for a game that doesn't count.

That being said, I'm strongly considering going to the game on August 9th. I'm really excited about the upcoming season, and this offseason has seemed to go on forever.

So, what I'm wondering is: Any other season ticket holders planning to go? I'm mainly wondering about those who typically don't make the preseason games. Of the STH guys and gals, who drives the farthest each week to see our beloved Falcons?

I'll leave you with a little troll food: Matt Ryan- don't need to say anything good or bad about him. His name alone is plenty to get some of you riled up.

I drive from the "other side" of B'ham to every game. Been doing it fo over 20 years. I want to be there but it's going to tough this time. I get back off vacation the Sunday before will work M-W the game is thursday and I suppose to work friday and sat. But, "that's the way we roll".

Also thursday is my birthday.

Preseason does COUNT!!!!!!

Couple years back I didn't attend them and My tailgate was wack that first game!

Was so out of sink, forgot a lot of stuff. Was miserable till the game started. Practice sure helps!

Seriously though, A reduced price or an option to decline out would fit the bill perfectly however these games are very important to the "talent evaluation" process. They must be played!

Pre-season is the same every year. Everyone overreacts over pre-season outcomes, case in point, last year 85% of this board flipped out over a 0-4 record. Can you imagine if Nolan dosen't show his hand in the first game against the Ravens, I can hear it now " Same ol Falcons" or "why dont we ever get the Qb". Pre-season is what it is, a football fix from a 6 months hiatus from the game.

Pre-season is the same every year. Everyone overreacts over pre-season outcomes, case in point, last year 85% of this board flipped out over a 0-4 record. Can you imagine if Nolan dosen't show his hand in the first game against the Ravens, I can hear it now " Same ol Falcons" or "why dont we ever get the Qb". Pre-season is what it is, a football fix from a 6 months hiatus from the game.

While certainly preseason games are just that, preseason, I am not of the feeling they're totally meaningless. As proof, just go back and check the preseason records of all Super Bowl winners and tell me how many went 0-4 or 0-6 when we had 14 versus 16 regular season games.

I mentioned this as a concern entering last season because of the questionable play and lack of cohesiveness--even by the 4th game--and many fired back "they're meaningless." Well, safe to say, we started the season pretty much the way we played in the preseason.

They're still competing out there and you'd like your team to compete right along with the team across the field, meaningless or not! Someone has to win the da.mn game...why not us?

Edited by Quarterback

I hate both Preseason games are Thursday but that is better than last year when the homes games were the 1st and 4th games which are the least interesting. Either way it will be nice to see what these guys do in pads and even some vanilla version of what the new OC and DC's do.

All the hype of the backup players will be exaggerated as usual but that is a sign the season is near.

I certainly can't compete for longest drive since I live halfway between the GA Dome and their practice facilities in Flowery Branch.

While certainly preseason games are just that, preseason, I am not of the feeling they're totally meaningless. As proof, just go back and check the preseason records of all Super Bowl winners and tell me how many went 0-4 or 0-6 when we had 14 versus 16 regular season games.

I mentioned this as a concern entering last season because of the questionable play and lack of cohesiveness--even by the 4th game--and many fired back "they're meaningless." Well, safe to say, we started the season pretty much the way we played in the preseason.

They're still competing out there and you'd like your team to compete right along with the team across the field, meaningless or not! Someone has to win the da.mn game...why not us?

So what would going 4-0 mean? asked the 2008 Lions......

I drive from the Columbus area, it's about 95 miles each way. I'm there setting up the tailgate about 9:30ish for a 1:00 game. As far as preseason, I gave away both games last year, this year I will probably go to both because I'm usually already in Atlanta on Thursdays.

If it wasn't for the new coaches and new schemes (hope we get to see a couple) I would miss a Thurs nite game. Under the new circumstances, I wouldn't miss it for anything. I only have a 30 min drive so you guys driving for a couple hours are true fans. The preseason games are important to see who of the new comers have what it takes. I'll call in "dead" the next morning if I stay for the whole game.