Falcon "fans"

I don't go to Saints message boards, but do their "fans" talk about Brees the way so many do about Ryan on these boards?

Granted Brees is a much better and more accomplished QB than Ryan at this point, but sometimes I think it is sad that our fan base doesn't appreciate this team and all that our current QB has done for it.

The stats have been posted countless times on these boards, but so many choose to ignore them and accept nothing short of the Lombardi.

I can't speak for how I will feel after the upcoming season, but I can speak for how I feel now and that is that I am happy with the direction we are going.

These last 4 seasons have been really fun and I wish more people appreciated how far this team has come.

TGIF and have a great weekend y'all!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use to post on SaintsReport all the time a few years ago. Had over 1K posts and I told some Saints fan to not get his panties in a wad because he was trying to tell me they were not a team who passed to open up the run game (a few years ago) and i got banned. So to answer your question, their mods are much more strict over there. So that takes care of alot of the trolls.

Another reason is because Matty hasn't won a playoff game. It is absolutely moronic to judge a QB based on playoff wins. The NFL is the ultimate team sport and when it comes to the playoffs it is emphasized even more. Thats why you can't put so much on the QB. Romo falls under the same category IMO. Just look at Joe Flaccos first few playoff victories. He had absolute garbage stats and won because of a great defense. Why people don't realize this I have no idea.

Don't let it get you down, in reality there are only 3-6 people that actively talked down Ryan or the team.

They make alot of noise and spend dozens of hours here a week making sure Ryan and the team is bashed in nearly every thread but the reality is it is a very very tiny percentage of posters here.

Literally 3-6 actual different people causing all the noise, either using different accounts or are fans of other teams or a couple of Former Falcons fans that have gone off the deep end and decide to spend 70hrs a week here bashing the team and QB.

Edited by lucifersam597

I think the biggest problem is that some people jumped to conclusions when a rookie QB (Ryan) led a team that drafted 3rd into the playoffs in 08. The just automatically assumed that since his first pass was a TD that every single pass he was going to throw was going to be one and that he was God.

The problem with jumping to conclusions is it sometimes makes you look like an arse.

I'm a Falcons Fan and only that, i don't go to other teams sights. I think it is wrong for me to go to another teams sight, I know plenty of Falcon fans go to other sights and that is their right to do as they wish. It is only a personal feeling for myself.

All I know, if we did not have Ryan right now, this team would most likely be in the same boat as the Browns, Jags, etc.. We would not be a .500 team

Well, we could have Matt Stafford or Cam Newton. Or, we could have always let Vick come back. As Ryan is a little above average, we could easily have a better QB and not neccesarily worse one. Even if Ryan is around the 10th best QB. That should give us a 33% chance to get a better QB.

Arguably, Vick could have been pretty successful in our run first offense. Add in his mobility and ability to connect on the deep ball, we would kill with the play action pass even with a subpar o-line.

Edited by Mr. Right

Well, we could have Matt Stafford or Cam Newton. Or, we could have always let Vick come back. As Ryan is a little above average, we could easily have a better QB and not neccesarily worse one. Even if Ryan is around the 10th best QB. That should give us a 33% chance to get a better QB.

Arguably, Vick could have been pretty successful in our run first offense. Add in his mobility and ability to connect on the deep ball, we would kill with the play action pass even with a subpar o-line.

This is the part that baffles me. Some folks act like ryan is the only qb to come out of college since 08. Assuming they are correct and we would have been horrible without him, you make a great point that we could have had Stafford or Newton instead of running out and blowing a wad on the first thing they saw in ryan. It was also common knowledge that a rookie wage scale would be implemented in two years allowing us to build the team inside out. Foresight would have been nice to have.

This is the part that baffles me. Some folks act like ryan is the only qb to come out of college since 08. Assuming they are correct and we would have been horrible without him, you make a great point that we could have had Stafford or Newton instead of running out and blowing a wad on the first thing they saw in ryan. It was also common knowledge that a rookie wage scale would be implemented in two years allowing us to build the team inside out. Foresight would have been nice to have.

ya know This team went YEARS with out winning back to back years now its got a streak of them going and the team is STILL on the rise our QB is plenty good enough to help this team win it all but hes not YOUR choice BIG DEAL frankly no one cares anymore .

You go chasing that pie in the sky and twist things to make Ryan look bad but its gonna come to a end very soon and I can't wait

Untill then I'll support the BEST QB the Falcons have ever had , is he the best athelete or have the most pazazz NOPE but hes hard working hes a leader and hes a winner and he spends his time trying to improve instead of fighting dogs .............I'll take Ryan every day

sam

It alllllll goes back to who Ryan replaced. Even though that guy hasn't won a playoff game in 8 years
No it doesn't.

Swifty and his 16 different personalities is the biggest Ryan hater on this board.

If you think he is a Vick nutt hugger you are smokin sherm my friend.

Dude bashed Vick way more than Ryan. Trust me.

In terms of playoff wins being the gold standard? Bush it. If it is then Rodgers, Big Ben, Stafford, Vick, Romo, Cam and several more absolutely failed last year.

The Vick talk continues to baffle me....smh...what has he done since he left?

There's plenty of negativity on other message boards regarding QBs- if Vick fails again in Philly this year- that message board is going to read like a tipped over portalet at a chili cook-off festival.

I'd also be very surprised if several other QBs ranging from Cutler to Romo don't have their share of rabid detractors on those teams' respective message boards.

No it doesn't.

Swifty and his 16 different personalities is the biggest Ryan hater on this board.

If you think he is a Vick nutt hugger you are smokin sherm my friend.

Dude bashed Vick way more than Ryan. Trust me.

In terms of playoff wins being the gold standard? Bush it. If it is then Rodgers, Big Ben, Stafford, Vick, Romo, Cam and several more absolutely failed last year.

Knowledgeable fans aren't worried about playoff wins so much as performance against top tier teams. i agree with you ffs, a playoff win doesnt make you great.

Don't let it get you down, in reality there are only 3-6 people that actively talked down Ryan or the team.

They make alot of noise and spend dozens of hours here a week making sure Ryan and the team is bashed in nearly every thread but the reality is it is a very very tiny percentage of posters here.

Literally 3-6 actual different people causing all the noise, either using different accounts or are fans of other teams or a couple of Former Falcons fans that have gone off the deep end and decide to spend 70hrs a week here bashing the team and QB.

Nothing like being a broken record complaining about broken records.

broken-record.jpg

I don't go to Saints message boards, but do their "fans" talk about Brees the way so many do about Ryan on these boards?

Granted Brees is a much better and more accomplished QB than Ryan at this point, but sometimes I think it is sad that our fan base doesn't appreciate this team and all that our current QB has done for it.

The stats have been posted countless times on these boards, but so many choose to ignore them and accept nothing short of the Lombardi.

I can't speak for how I will feel after the upcoming season, but I can speak for how I feel now and that is that I am happy with the direction we are going.

These last 4 seasons have been really fun and I wish more people appreciated how far this team has come.

TGIF and have a great weekend y'all!!

A metaphor:

I've lived all my life in the southeast. I have relatives in the mountains of NC and TN and to me those are some huge mountains. A few years ago we went to Arizona and got to travel the state. There's a land feature there called the Colorado Plateau that covers part of NE Arizona and 4 other states. We climed up from Payson AZ (3000 ft) up onto the plateau. We were now at 6600 feet, and it was completely FLAT as far as we could see. We're talking here about an elevation as high as the TALLEST mountain east of the Mississippi Mount Mitchell in North Carolina. Yet for all we knew we could've been at sea level. We couldn't see how far we had climed.

Sometimes it's hard to see the progress made in the immediate field of vision. Leeman Bennett was once fired by Rankin Smith because "we had reached a plateau". Let me tell ya, a couple years later after 3-13 with Dan Henning, that plateau would've looked real nice.

We are still making progress, and Matt Ryan has not reached his ceiling. It is TOO SOON to give up on the current regime. This applies to Ryan, Smitty, AND Dimitroff. STAY THE F'N COURSE YOU BUNCH OF IMPATIENT MALCONTENTS.

Had a great game against a playoff caliber team since week ten of the 2010 season.

Got the Eagles to 8-8 last year. So in the grand scheme of things it didn't mean much correct? What about the duds in Arizona and Buffalo? They win those and they're probably in the playoffs. So basically what y'all are telling me is that if Matt Ryan has great games against good competition regardless of the outcome their will be some sense of satisfaction?

Edit: And now that I look back at it...The Eagles with Mike Vick starting didn't even beat a playoff team last year.