Erin Andrews Leaves Espn For Fox

tom brando had some good comments on sideline reporting and how it's changed.. it used to be a stepping stone to a better job, but more often than not they are kept on the sideline now.. they have to leave to another company to get a chance.

Yep. The only thing I hate is that FOX doesn't show nearly enough college games. Pro sports is always #1 with FOX which is why EA is gonna be at the ASG on Tuesday but also doing some NFL stuff.

Yep. The only thing I hate is that FOX doesn't show nearly enough college games. Pro sports is always #1 with FOX which is why EA is gonna be at the ASG on Tuesday but also doing some NFL stuff.

fox shows a lot of college games, but the do it all on the fox sports channels. they show big 12 games, pac 12 games, conference usa, wac, and mountain west games.. i watch a lot of football on fox, but they don't have a lot of the bigtime matchups that espn and cbs and abc has.

fox shows a lot of college games, but the do it all on the fox sports channels. they show big 12 games, pac 12 games, conference usa, wac, and mountain west games.. i watch a lot of football on fox, but they don't have a lot of the bigtime matchups that espn and cbs and abc has.

Well maybe that is what I meant. Most of their games are of lesser Pac-12 and Big 12 games and most are on extremely late at night, which I like. Nothing like staying up until 1 or 2 in the morning watching a game especially if it's a good one.

Well maybe that is what I meant. Most of their games are of lesser Pac-12 and Big 12 games and most are on extremely late at night, which I like. Nothing like staying up until 1 or 2 in the morning watching a game especially if it's a good one.

yeah i really love the fox games.. they are usually on at times when nothing else is on or in between big games i want to see and it's a good/fun watch with some different styles of games.

yeah i really love the fox games.. they are usually on at times when nothing else is on or in between big games i want to see and it's a good/fun watch with some different styles of games.

One of the best games I saw last season was of Tulsa against Southern Miss in the rain. Great game. Back and forth.

Too bad Fox coverage of college football is friggin terrible. Not even talking about the caliber of matchups they get. ABC/ESPN and CBS kill Fox in the presentation department. Fox can't even handle the big BCS bowl games well.

Too bad Fox coverage of college football is friggin terrible. Not even talking about the caliber of matchups they get. ABC/ESPN and CBS kill Fox in the presentation department. Fox can't even handle the big BCS bowl games well.

Yeah. Their presentation leaves of lot to be desired.

that or drinking away your memories of a terrible loss and then getting up and going to the falcons game the next morning or afternoon

yep their presentation really stinks.. they have that hilarious loud mouthed guy who works some of their pac-12 games and is sometimes in studio.. i forget his name, but man they need to upgrade the guys who also call the games..

are you talkin about petros papadakis, sac? he's loud and has the craziest voice. i haven't seen him call a game, but he's a usc grad and has a radio show called petros and money. he's a funny dude on the radio. but his voice is whacked.

i like the audio quality of the fox national games. the regional games kinda stink. don't they usually get the sugar bowl? eventhough they have tons of microphones in and near the crowd it's hard to listen to that idiot todd brenneman calling richt out in the hawaii game

yep their presentation really stinks.. they have that hilarious loud mouthed guy who works some of their pac-12 games and is sometimes in studio.. i forget his name, but man they need to upgrade the guys who also call the games..

Yeah I can't remember his name right off hand either. Marcus Allen is their studio analyst. The only FOX announcer that I know and like is Craig Bolerjack. I was shocked to hear his voice on there last season after all the years at CBS. Guess he finally got tired of playing 2nd fiddle to Verne.

She's really just a sideline reporter for college football. Pretty limited in what she can do. You guys remember her routinely butchering Latin players names doing the TBS Braves desk back in the early 2000s? If she had potential to host, ESPN/ABC/Disney would have used her in that role when she was a household name. Look at what they did with Robin Roberts or Beadle (before she left). Andrews just seems a bit bland IMO.

She's really just a sideline reporter for college football. Pretty limited in what she can do. You guys remember her routinely butchering Latin players names doing the TBS Braves desk back in the early 2000s? If she had potential to host, ESPN/ABC/Disney would have used her in that role when she was a household name. Look at what they did with Robin Roberts or Beadle (before she left). Andrews just seems a bit bland IMO.

I think the more you hear Beadle, the more you like her. The opposite seems to be true with Erin. Very good in a limited, scripted role though.

are you talkin about petros papadakis, sac? he's loud and has the craziest voice. i haven't seen him call a game, but he's a usc grad and has a radio show called petros and money. he's a funny dude on the radio. but his voice is whacked.

i like the audio quality of the fox national games. the regional games kinda stink. don't they usually get the sugar bowl? eventhough they have tons of microphones in and near the crowd it's hard to listen to that idiot todd brenneman calling richt out in the hawaii game

dude you got it.. lolol yes petros.. he covered a usc/ucla game a few years ago and a number of games i saw last year one was fresno state and a california game, but yeah he is a funny dude.. don't get me wrong i like him, but he has an issue with understanding his "inside voice". :)

The worst part of a FOX BCS telecast... and there are A LOT of bad aspects to choose from... is all their nonsensical camera cuts to the bands. I can't emphasize enough how little of a **** I give about what a team's band is doing at any point in time ever.

that may be the worst part of their telecast and part of it imo is due to a number of their games has smaller crowds so it's hard to show a half empty stadium (since they aren't getting the best of matchups). i have seen games where they had a great matchup and they don't do that much at all (saw a kansas state/okie state game) and a texas/kansas state game and they didn't do the band shots.

Yeah I remember her on the Braves games.

I don't get ESPNU but how'd she do on there on College Gameday?

And speaking of Michelle Beadle I could look and listen to her all day.

Yeah I remember her on the Braves games.

I don't get ESPNU but how'd she do on there on College Gameday?

And speaking of Michelle Beadle I could look and listen to her all day.

She was good on Gameday until the script ran out. She cannot ad-lib like Beadle.