Atlanta Falcons Fixing To Boost Offensive Firepower

Trouble

http://www.nfl.com/n...nsive-firepower

Click the link and watch the video!!!!!!!

Falcons establishing fresh identity on offense

The Atlanta Falcons scored exactly two points in January's wild-card playoff loss to the New York Giants. It was grim stuff.

Humble pie consumed, Atlanta went into bunker mode with the intent of reworking an offense that was so easily flummoxed by the eventual Super Bowl champions.

We learned last week via offensive assistant Andrew Weidinger that a shift to a more pass-happy attack could come under new offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter. Not surprisingly, veteran receiver Roddy White could barely contain his excitement during minicamp.

“We look real good right now, I’m not going to lie,” White said, according to the Falcons' team site. “The past three or four years, this is the best I’ve been around since I’ve been here and seen the cumulative group on the field.”

There's good reason to buy into the hype building around Atlanta's offense. Last season, quarterback Matt Ryan played like a star for long stretches, White -- drops aside -- put up his usual Pro Bowl production and tight end Tony Gonzalez remained indomitable, while Michael Turner did his job as the workhorse back.

Looking ahead, wide receiver Julio Jones is an obvious candidate to make the leap in his second season, while a healthy Harry Douglas could be one of the league's best third receivers.

But for a Falcons team that has long asked Turner to carry the load, transitioning to a passing offense won't be seamless. This will be Atlanta's greatest challenge as it closes in on a Week 1 matchup with the Kansas City Chiefs.

Brooks: Matt Ryan vs. Joe Flacco

bucky_brooks-110726_65.jpgMatt Ryan and Joe Flacco both entered the league as first-round picks in 2008. Which QB is better? Bucky Brooks examines. More ...

Debate!!!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This IS FUNNY! White started referring to the Falcons offense as the Greatest Show On Turf...LAST offseason. Where'd that get him? 2 points in their only playoff game! Every ******* year, it's the same thing with you guys!tongue.png

I like the article, and I believe the hype, because of what I've seen the past four years...three playoff games excluded.

But every year, on every team, some popoff exclaims, "This is the best/most talented team I've ever been a part of..."

You ****head rivals always laugh at our three playoff losses (some rightfully so, but Buccs and Panties haven't sniffed the playoffs since Matty Ice came around... maybe that's why you all hate on him so much! Boo frickin' hoo for you!), but the fact remains that the regular season is seventeen weeks long, and we've enjoyed more successful weeks of wins... which means more weeks of enjoying the week... positive NFL recap shows, highlights, etc. I LOVE winning in the regular season... watching NFL GameDay after a win is so much better than watching it after a loss, in case you Buccs and Panther fans have forgotten what winning seasons are like.

I like the article, and I believe the hype, because of what I've seen the past four years...three playoff games excluded.

But every year, on every team, some popoff exclaims, "This is the best/most talented team I've ever been a part of..."

You ****head rivals always laugh at our three playoff losses (some rightfully so, but Buccs and Panties haven't sniffed the playoffs since Matty Ice came around... maybe that's why you all hate on him so much! Boo frickin' hoo for you!), but the fact remains that the regular season is seventeen weeks long, and we've enjoyed more successful weeks of wins... which means more weeks of enjoying the week... positive NFL recap shows, highlights, etc. I LOVE winning in the regular season... watching NFL GameDay after a win is so much better than watching it after a loss, in case you Buccs and Panther fans have forgotten what winning seasons are like.

byhauntes-BAM.gif

200388920.gif

The OPs article is all based on ASSUMPTIONS that havent panned out from year to year

Edited by SuperSK

Crow ALL you want about your REGULAR SEASON WINS, But once you've got one of THESE...av-8674.gifyou'll realize a bunch of REGULAR SEASON WINS is pretty much the same pretty much the same as doing your sister. So, in essence, all your telling us is how good your sister is in the rack. YOU are one TWISTED Mo Fo!

j/k Cheffie, but you get the point.

Edited by jb.069

Crow ALL you want about your REGULAR SEASON WINS, But once you've got one of THESE...av-8674.gifyou'll realize a bunch of REGULAR SEASON WINS is pretty much the same pretty much the same as doing your sister. So, in essence, all your telling us is how good your sister is in the rack. YOU are one TWISTED Mo Fo!

So I uh.. cant help to wonder. How do you know its the same

So I uh.. cant help to wonder. How do you know its the same

I KNEW that was coming! I don't! But, it's a very fair comparison! You Falcons wouldn't know though since you've never hoisted a Lombardi like we have! All you have to go by is your sister and Matt Ryan's Regular season wins!tongue.png

I KNEW that was coming! I don't! But, it's a very fair comparison! You Falcons wouldn't know though since you've never hoisted a Lombardi like we have did something like 20 years ago ! But I like to live in the past. So what my team has sucked since we won it in 2002! All you have to go by is your sister and Matt Ryan's Regular season wins!

FTFY... ;)tongue.png

Couldn't agree more.

I witnessed my own transformation once New Orleans won it all. The goals changed, the expectations changed and success is now measured only at the ultimate level.

I realized how I faked myself out and said winning a playoff game was all I needed.