Ryan Vs Flacco Nfl.com

Bucky Brooks provides a pretty good breakdown...

Conclusion

"The debate between Ryan and Flacco is as close as you will find in pro football. Both players have won at a high level as young quarterbacks, and their consistent play has helped their respective franchises contend on an annual basis. I would rather have Ryan as my quarterback due to his ability to run the offense from the line of scrimmage and his history of engineering fourth-quarter comebacks. While I certainly recognize his playoff failures, I believe he is the more consistent playmaker and game manager, which gives him the nod in my mind."

Edited by Falcanuck

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaws talking how important Flacco arm strength is

From ESPN: "That's Flacco's No. 1 attribute," Jaworski said. "I get so tired of hearing how arm strength is overrated. It's far more important than people think. He has the strongest arm in the NFL."

Jaworski added, "The element always overlooked by those who minimize arm strength is the willingness of quarterbacks like Flacco to pull the trigger. Few recognize that because there is no quantifiable means by which to evaluate throws that are not made by quarterbacks with lesser arm strength. It's all about dimensions. Flacco gives you the ability to attack all areas of the field at any point in the game."

"In his four seasons, Flacco has won 69 percent of his regular-season starts," Jaworski said. "How about this? He's started nine playoff games, eight of them on the road, and he's won five of them. Now that's impressive."

"There are very few quarterbacks in the NFL with the pure throwing ability of Joe Flacco," Jaworski said. "The reason Joe is No. 9 and not higher is his production does not always match his skill set. If he can become more consistent in 2012, he will move up in my quarterback rankings."

Brooks acknowledges ALL of these points. You clearly didn't read the article, f*cking tool.

Falcon Canuck - do you question Jaws football knowledge ? He ranked Flacco ahead of Ryan

how come?

I question his mancrush for Flacco, considering he ranked him above Vick and Romo (and Ryan). I usually agree with Jaws for the most part, but I'm on Bucky's side for this one. His breakdown is dead on, he acknowledged the strengths and weaknesses of both QBs, provided still frames and film. Can't get any better than that.

Flacco`s #1 attribute is the team he took over and that D vs the team Ryan took over. Flacco got his job because of injuries, Ryan got his because of a entire team rebuild. Hardly the same playing field. 1 team was a qb away from being superbowl contenders and the other was expected to win 3 games at most.

Good video debate though. I agree with SW that they will always be debated against each other. I disagree that Ryan has the stroke to just take over the O like SW says. I think DK will have a say in when Ryan gets the keys and im not sure thats more than what MM allowed Ryan to do.

Ryan got mugged in that video though. Our O line should feel ashamed. You dont see Brees getting abused like that ever.

Read the article then question Brooks' football knowledge, fool.

Christ you're ********.

Brooks acknowledges ALL of these points. You clearly didn't read the article, f*cking tool.

im gonna go ahead and take a couple points off for language and overt aggression

falcanuck wins this round

here is what i want you to work on going forward

1 never give any obvious signs that you realize you are losing the argument

2 dont be afraid to toss out a few loose associations when you realize your position is shot

your opponent may get confused and allow an opening for you to appear to be winning because you seem more confident

in other words if you cant beat him on points beat him on style

3 next time pick a stronger horse to race with

Edited by WeNeedaQB

Flacco`s #1 attribute is the team he took over and that D vs the team Ryan took over. Flacco got his job because of injuries, Ryan got his because of a entire team rebuild. Hardly the same playing field. 1 team was a qb away from being superbowl contenders and the other was expected to win 3 games at most.

Good video debate though. I agree with SW that they will always be debated against each other. I disagree that Ryan has the stroke to just take over the O like SW says. I think DK will have a say in when Ryan gets the keys and im not sure thats more than what MM allowed Ryan to do.

Ryan got mugged in that video though. Our O line should feel ashamed. You dont see Brees getting abused like that ever.

That video clip was definitely the worse at the end.

I think Flacco and Ryan are dead even QBs . Flacco has a much better skill set but Ryan has better football IQ . It's too close . Flacco has played some good playoff games

And he has some bad playoff games .. Ryan has bad playoff games and been more consistent in regular season

QBs are even . If I had too choose I'll take Flacco skill set

He was drop pass away from Super Bowl . He stepped up in playoffs this past season and Ryan was awful in playoff game

Id like to see how flacco does after he gets the huge payday. Last year was about money and his contract and him proving he is worth top QB money.

Money is a big motivater. Ryan has the money but still goes out there. A lot of players get payed and then suck.

I think Flacco and Ryan are dead even QBs . Flacco has a much better skill set but Ryan has better football IQ . It's too close . Flacco has played some good playoff games

And he has some bad playoff games .. Ryan has bad playoff games and been more consistent in regular season

QBs are even . If I had too choose I'll take Flacco skill set

He was drop pass away from Super Bowl . He stepped up in playoffs this past season and Ryan was awful in playoff game

Good points. Flacco is better than I really ever thought he would be coming out of Delaware. I think I would take Ryan though because of the ability to run the O at the line and the week in-week out consistency.

I think Ryan has been more effective than Joe Flacco over their first 4 seasons. Flacco's accomplishments are less than what his physical ability might suggest, although that could change if his QB IQ rises.. Ultimately, it doesn't matter whom you prefer. There are simply too many good QBs in this league to give Ryan or Flacco anything more than a faint hope of hoisting a Lombardi.

I think Ryan has been more effective than Joe Flacco over their first 4 seasons. Flacco's accomplishments are less than what his physical ability might suggest, although that could change if his QB IQ rises.. Ultimately, it doesn't matter whom you prefer. There are simply too many good QBs in this league to give Ryan or Flacco anything more than a faint hope of hoisting a Lombardi.

That's a good point.