Falcons On 32 Teams In 32 Days

While Dukes is typically a bit obnoxious for me, he has a point, shifting to a more pass-oriented offense may not be a great idea if Ryan is constantly hassled like he has been in the past. If it's an issue this year, hopefully we either make a trade or, worst case scenario, sign a FA or get another prospect early in next year's draft to add some depth/competition.

Guest Negatorris

I actually believe our O Line will over-achieve. If the Falcons can have a top 10 passing attack with that horrible line from last season, I don't see Jami Dukes point in saying we have no chance of having one this season. The O Line will be better. Pat Hill is the dark horse move that will impact this team the most.

I like this.

Can you please elaborate? I think I am in love.

I have seen people post a lot of things. Never have I seen such beauty while hitting enter...

Do not leave me hanging my love!

I only need you to live. We are combined at birth. We need to be together!

Nevermind , you gotta die. wub.png

I think the Michael Turner stat at the start is a little bit misleading. For one, Turner being more of a threat gives more unpredictability and usually means Ryan has more time etc, but it seems strange to me that the most obvious logic that when you are in front, you run the ball a lot more than when you are behind doesn't get mentioned. Maybe the reason why those stats ring true is because when we are already winning, we start using Turner more, and when we are losing, we don't...! I know that doesn't totally account for 10-1 vs 0-5, but I think it does actually play a large role!

I think the Michael Turner stat at the start is a little bit misleading. For one, Turner being more of a threat gives more unpredictability and usually means Ryan has more time etc, but it seems strange to me that the most obvious logic that when you are in front, you run the ball a lot more than when you are behind doesn't get mentioned. Maybe the reason why those stats ring true is because when we are already winning, we start using Turner more, and when we are losing, we don't...! I know that doesn't totally account for 10-1 vs 0-5, but I think it does actually play a large role!

yep. they were desperate to use some or any statistic my 10 year old daughter could grasp/ understand. football 101.

A hidden point on that was Mularkey's play calling got us into those jams probably or BVG's bend, bend, hope we don't break defense.

The ironic thing is all the videos they showed LT did fine.

It was the RG that was getting ate up.

The other thing they totally neglected is the fact we should have a more balanced offense......... not in terms of just running/passing ratio but rather giving the defenses more looks and making them think more.

I was under the impression that he was speaking about Konz. There wasn't any good prospects at LT when we picked Holmes that would have made a difference anyways. I do think that there was some guys ranked higher than Holmes when we picked him but whatever. I just don't agree with the logic that Dukes was using to support his claim. I think that we got a **** of a prospect out of Holmes...

Why is that people outside of Falcons fans see we have an O-line problem?

Because this is often omitted by the media:

The other thing they totally neglected is the fact we should have a more balanced offense......... not in terms of just running/passing ratio but rather giving the defenses more looks and making them think more.

Our offense was plain old predictable, in terms of looks and plays in certain situations. We bullied weaker teams that had defenses that didn't have the talent to stop us. Look at the number of top 10 defenses we beat. Not many. That's because they had both the talent and the DC to understand the looks and scenarios and what our offense would run in those. When the Giants sat there and knew what plays we were running because they saw it all on film already, we had no chance.

I like what Jamie Dukes is doing though. Our O-line played terribly vs New York and he is gonna call them out every chance he gets. This will create some fire in the coaches and players and makes sure that TD is keeping an eye on anyone he can bring in to add in.

and Obviously he is talking about Holmes as a potential RT not LT