Nfcs Most Overpaid D-Lineman Is?

SaintRay

Gerald McCoy! Now that could easily change if he can stay on the field this season! It's pretty obvious that when he's on the field and healthy we are a better defense. The guy COULD be very good, but what's it matter if he's always on the sideline, injured? Oh, I forgot to mention he's signed to a $53 Million contract.

Edited by jb.069

no contest

Charles Johnson

On the other end of the spectrum, there is Charles Johnson.

The Carolina Panthers' defensive end registered 40 tackles, nine sacks and one forced fumble in 2011, and received a ridiculous $34 million salary for his efforts.

According to the ESPN The Magazine's "Money Issue," Johnson is the highest-paid athlete in the entire sport. He signed a six-year, $76 million deal before the 2011 season and also raked in an eye-popping $30 million signing bonus. Even NBA players are shaking their heads at this one.

no contest

Charles Johnson

The Carolina Panthers' defensive end registrars 40 tackles, nine sacks and one forced fumble in 2011, and received a ridiculous $34 million salary for his efforts.

According to the ESPN The Magazine's "Money Issue," Johnson is the highest-paid athlete in the entire sport. He signed a six-year, $76 million deal before the 2011 season and also raked in an eye-popping $30 million signing bonus. Even NBA players are shaking their heads at this one.

absolutely

I'd say McCoy because even though Johnson's overpaid, he did do something on the field. McCoy hasn't had an impact on what is probably the most desperate team in the league for upgrades at every position in the front seven.

no contest

Charles Johnson

The Carolina Panthers' defensive end registered 40 tackles, nine sacks and one forced fumble in 2011, and received a ridiculous $34 million salary for his efforts.

Without a doubt.

I'd say McCoy because even though Johnson's overpaid, he did do something on the field. McCoy hasn't had an impact on what is probably the most desperate team in the league for upgrades at every position in the front seven.

Exactly my thoughts. While Johnson is paid a bit more, at least the Panthers realized a bit of production from the money spent.

jb is right...Gerald McBust is a great choice!

Never said he was a bust NumbNut. I simply stated for the time he's been on the field, he's far and away the most overpaid DE in the NFCS. McCoy stays healthy he could prove to be a top 5 DE in the league. Will He? I =have no idea, because he hasn't been on the field enough to show us what he can do. All I know, is when he's been on the field we were a much better defense. He wasn't on the field for so much as a play of that 10 game losing streak. Actually we have a lot more wins than losses when he's healthy. That's far from being a bust. Of course that's only to fans that objectively look at things and aren't homerific morons.

Never said he was a bust NumbNut. I simply stated for the time he's been on the field, he's far and away the most overpaid DE in the NFCS. McCoy stays healthy he could prove to be a top 5 DE in the league. Will He? I =have no idea, because he hasn't been on the field enough to show us what he can do. All I know, is when he's been on the field we were a much better defense. He wasn't on the field for so much as a play of that 10 game losing streak. Actually we have a lot more wins than losses when he's healthy. That's far from being a bust. Of course that's only to fans that objectively look at things and aren't homerific morons.

just ask him how that Peria Jerry guy is doing? Now that is a BUST