Bucs Eric Wright Arrested

Panther Pride

The order new coach Greg Schiano apparently restored to the Buccaneers didn’t even make it to training camp.

Bucs cornerback Eric Wright, one of the franchise’s splash signings this offseason, was arrested on drunk driving charges in Los Angeles early Monday.

According to the Los Angeles Times, Wright was arrested on suspicion of felony driving under the influence after being involved in an injury accident near Staples Center downtown.

Wright, who was not injured, told officers he had been drinking, but refused a Breathlyzer or a field sobriety test. The driver of the other car in the accident complained of pain but refused medical treatment.

Los Angeles Police Department officers booked him into the Metropolitan Detention Center in lieu of $100,000 bail.

The Bucs signed Wright to a five-year, $37.5 million contract early this offseason, with hopes of him fixing a leaky secondary. He’s off to a slow start, missing offseason time with a mystery health issue. Perhaps his recovery was due to some self-medicating.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/02/eric-wright-arrested-on-drunk-driving-charges-in-los-angeles/

Edited by Panther Pride

******* figures! I never could figure out why we even signed this guy...then to Give him a $30 million plus contract?

This aint gonna go over well with Schiano, unless it was like Mike Williams supposed DUI last offseason. Looks like we may see more of Barber at corner than anticipated.rolleyes.gif

Meh, I tire of all the excuses for celebrities' bad behavior. The guy just signed a $30M contract, he could have easily afforded a cab/limo/helicopter.

Heck, he sucks so bad I bet AirTran would have sent this jet to pick him up and take him home.

picture-3.png?w=592

Can't wait to see Julio use and abuse him this season.

Meh, I tire of all the excuses for celebrities' bad behavior. The guy just signed a $30M contract, he could have easily afforded a cab/limo/helicopter.

He could have probably just hired himself a driver for the day.

1 of the best things about the Falcons being a boring no news team is the fact we dont have much bad news either. 1 of the reasons Ryan is a perfect fit here. He isn't only a franchise QB he is also a business man persona who thinks and acts smart.

No Chit! Where is the responsibility?

Chances are, unless he REALLY steps up this summer he won't be starting and most likely will be cut. ****, Schiano's trying to change a culture of no responsibility Raheem Morris built for three seasons, It's gonna take Schiano awhile to change it. Problem is, THIS was one of his new guys brought in to change that culture. I'm just happy it wasn't Talib! In fact, Talib is now one of Schiano's poster boys.

No Chit! Where is the responsibility?

Chances are, unless he REALLY steps up this summer he won't be starting and most likely will be cut. ****, Schiano's trying to change a culture of no responsibility Raheem Morris built for three seasons, It's gonna take Schiano awhile to change it. Problem is, THIS was one of his new guys brought in to change that culture. I'm just happy it wasn't Talib! In fact, Talib is now one of Schiano's poster boys.

We have had words in the past about him, but I too am pulling for Talib. I said if the charges were dropped he deserved a clean slate, I only hope he uses it to help out in community. I would imagine with all he has gone through in his life, he would make a great motivational speaker for the inner city youth of TB.

We have had words in the past about him, but I too am pulling for Talib. I said if the charges were dropped he deserved a clean slate, I only hope he uses it to help out in community. I would imagine with all he has gone through in his life, he would make a great motivational speaker for the inner city youth of TB.

THAT's exactly what he's been doing. Both he Schiano were out last week working with kids.