Wr Situation.

How do u think it will all plan out?

Obviously White,Julio,and harry are the first 3. and Meier is most likely to be kept at 4th option. Who is the last one going to in your opinion? Cone? Davis? Rodgers?

i hope we keep cone and rodgers. rodgers for mainly for kickoff and/or punt.

Rodgers has the potential to contribute the most on teams, as kr/pr, imo.

I think the evidence is there that he would also be of the most use on opposing returns. That is what will earn him a roster spot, good special teams play.

Guest Fibonacci

Rodgers. He can contribute on special teams. plus he is quick, makes great catches and makes a move after the ball is caught.

the rest of the guys did not show they are better at mini camp. sure they might have height, but rodgers showed how he can still make hard catches. while all the other guys just had an occasional great catch.

I hope its Rodgers. He can contribute in so many ways. He can return kicks, play receiver, and lineup in the backfield and run the ball. Plus he had way more production in college than those guys. I watch a lot of tech games and I had never heard of Cone until last season. Never heard of Davis. Now Calvin may help but I don't know how early. I would like him on the roster if we keep six receivers.

Rodgers. He can contribute on special teams. plus he is quick, makes great catches and makes a move after the ball is caught.

the rest of the guys did not show they are better at mini camp. sure they might have height, but rodgers showed how he can still make hard catches. while all the other guys just had an occasional great catch.

I am quite curious to see what Stafford can do in the preseason. Your analysis of him makes me think he might have potential, and the fact that he made the team on a tryout as a WR, despite there already being a lot of competition there.

Didn't you have Rodgers/Pearcy neck and neck through minicamp?

Guest Fibonacci

Didn't you have Rodgers/Pearcy neck and neck through minicamp?

yeah I did/ WR to WR.....but add in the fact Rodgers can do special teams, and it put Rodgers in the lead.

Pearcy made his catches, but I did not see the wow catches out of him like I did rodgers. but Rodgers height makes him have to make the wow catches. so this is why I left them neck and neck as WR to WR.

Guest Fibonacci

I am quite curious to see what Stafford can do in the preseason. Your analysis of him makes me think he might have potential, and the fact that he made the team on a tryout as a WR, despite there already being a lot of competition there.

I saw stafford fall....but what rookie does not have a funny fall once in a while?

I saw a miss pass or two....but what WR does not.

Stafford is a big boy.

IMO I would put him on PS.

but this is all based on no pads, no hitting.....once I see the pads/hits come on, then I can make a better call.

cause right now it is just speed, catch, moves. A lot of things change when pads and fear of being hit sets in.

yeah I did/ WR to WR.....but add in the fact Rodgers can do special teams, and it put Rodgers in the lead.

Pearcy made his catches, but I did not see the wow catches out of him like I did rodgers. but Rodgers height makes him have to make the wow catches. so this is why I left them neck and neck as WR to WR.

Yeah after reading your reports I was surprised Pearcy was waived that early. I mean he wasn't getting absolutely terrible reviews.

i'm intrigued by the "other" rodgers. The kid is a playmaker and extremely versatile. He has Kevin Faulk or even Danny Whitehead potential written all over him. Not to put unrealistic expectations on the kid. But you don't gain the all purpose yards that he did in college without talent

I think preseason will have to bore it out...and who knows, we may sign a vet towards the end of preseason/after preseason.

Which I very rarely understood, but it is usually too late for that vet to contribute greatly that entire season, and they usually dont play special teams.

Last preseason everyone was high on either Strickland Harvey or Buckley making the team.

So of course all 3 were cut and Cone and Davis made the PS

This preseason everyone is High on either Cone Rodgers or Calvin making the team

So most likely they will be cut and they will put Davis Jackson and Stafford on the PS

Edited by delaigle

I can find highlights of most guys, doesn't mean its going to translate well.

From Rodgers college profile:

James finished his career as one of the greatest receivers and all-purpose players in Oregon State history ... established a school record with 222 career receptions including an OSU record 91 catches in 2009 ... set the Oregon State career record with 6,377 all-purpose yards ... the first player in OSU history with 1,000 yards rushing and 2,000 yards receiving and one of three (Pat Chaffey and Jacquizz Rodgers) with 1,000 & 1,000 ... a regular on the Biletnikoff Award (top receiver) and Pau Hornung Award (most versatile player) Watch Lists ... came up 36 yards short of setting OSU career record for kick return yardage with 2,124 ... 19 touchdown receptions tied for third in OSU history ... 24.7 yards per kickoff return during his career ranks sixth in OSU history ... 13.7 yards per punt return during his career is the OSU record ... made at least one catch in the last 41 straight games in which he played ... owns three of OSU's top-10 single game all-purpose yards records.

Agree, doesn't mean it'll translate to this level, but he's done some good things in college.

From Rodgers college profile:

James finished his career as one of the greatest receivers and all-purpose players in Oregon State history ... established a school record with 222 career receptions including an OSU record 91 catches in 2009 ... set the Oregon State career record with 6,377 all-purpose yards ... the first player in OSU history with 1,000 yards rushing and 2,000 yards receiving and one of three (Pat Chaffey and Jacquizz Rodgers) with 1,000 & 1,000 ... a regular on the Biletnikoff Award (top receiver) and Pau Hornung Award (most versatile player) Watch Lists ... came up 36 yards short of setting OSU career record for kick return yardage with 2,124 ... 19 touchdown receptions tied for third in OSU history ... 24.7 yards per kickoff return during his career ranks sixth in OSU history ... 13.7 yards per punt return during his career is the OSU record ... made at least one catch in the last 41 straight games in which he played ... owns three of OSU's top-10 single game all-purpose yards records.

Agree, doesn't mean it'll translate to this level, but he's done some good things in college.

I know his record and like him. But tell me how Cone, Calvin, and Davis stack up. We have more J. Rodgers luv around here than we have any insight on the players.

I was merely giving a quick answer as to why I like him, and how it is unrelated to who his brother is.

There are better receivers on our roster as well as other KR's who are faster. I hope James makes the roster, he wasone of my dream picks. I just would like to know how he stacks up to the other guys.