Marcus Mcneil

Marcus McNeill - T - Chargers

NFL teams are reportedly doing "increasingly more due diligence" on free agent LT Marcus McNeill's health.

McNeill is the top "name" player left on the market, but clubs are skeptical about his health -- particularly after the Eagles passed on McNeill in favor of Demetress Bell following Jason Peters' Achilles' tear. Per The Sports Xchange's Len Pasquarelli, Philadelphia officials "hinted broadly" that they weren't certain about McNeill's availability or capability of playing in 2012.

Source: The Sports Xchange Jul 1 - 2:28 PM

I'd try to get him for a Vet minimum 2 year deal.

If we could do this, that would be great. Put Svitek at LT, b/c he's better than Baker anyway, and if Mcneil stays healthy then you have one of the league's best tackles for bargain basement prices.

I can't believe we as an AFMBers are still talking about this guy we aren't touching him with a 10 foot barge poll.as bad as it may sound its Baker/Svitek manning LT this season and hopefully Holmes forfills his potiential or else its back to the draft in for another guy.I really do think as bad as Baker is a screen game will help that leftside out alot I gotta hold that hope because if it isn't we are in deep dodo..

If Svitek is the starter it's gonna be a long season. He's not better.

Svitek >>>>> Baker.

Svitek 2 sacks, 7 hits, 17 pressures allowed over 10 games >>>> Baker's 4 sacks, 7 hits, 17 pressures allowed in 6 games.

Let's look at this in a much better way, per game:

Svitek's 0.2 sacks allowed per game is better than Baker's 0.67 sacks allowed per game

Svitek's 0.7 hits allowed per game is better than Baker's 1.17 hits allowed per game

Svitek's 1.7 pressures allowed per game is better than Baker's 2.83 pressures allowed per game

I can't believe we as an AFMBers are still talking about this guy we aren't touching him with a 10 foot barge poll.as bad as it may sound its Baker/Svitek manning LT this season and hopefully Holmes forfills his potiential or else its back to the draft in for another guy.I really do think as bad as Baker is a screen game will help that leftside out alot I gotta hold that hope because if it isn't we are in deep dodo..

screen game would be good for Baker because it means he has to run block a guy on a passing play.

Jared Allen thinks he is. Ya know, Jared Allen that had over 20 sacks last year, but none of them against Will Svitek? That Jared Allen? smile.png

and he was one on one a good majority of that game too. Svitek was a God send last season. don't let that last game be a gauge of his performance last year

Jared Allen thinks he is. Ya know, Jared Allen that had over 20 sacks last year, but none of them against Will Svitek? That Jared Allen? :)

Lol come on dude. If Svitek was that good we wouldn't be talking about LT. Svitek has been a journey man during his career for a reason. A former DE. Dude got a lot of help when he was in. One reason the interior went to crap.

Svitek >>>>> Baker.

Svitek 2 sacks, 7 hits, 17 pressures allowed over 10 games >>>> Baker's 4 sacks, 7 hits, 17 pressures allowed in 6 games.

Svitek's 0.2 sacks allowed per game is better than Baker's 0.67 sacks allowed per game

Svitek's 0.7 hits allowed per game is better than Baker's 1.17 hits allowed per game

Svitek's 1.7 pressures allowed per game is better than Baker's 2.83 pressures allowed per game

Baker did suck last year. I hated watching him against Trent Cole it was embarrassing. How much of it was injury? The problem with Baker now is can he actually stay healthy and play with fire.

Guest Negatorris

He was a pro bowl LT, one of the best at his position. There are plenty of teams that would take that but they aren't for obvious reasons. We don't need another injury-prone player.

He was a pro bowl LT, one of the best at his position. There are plenty of teams that would take that but they aren't for obvious reasons. We don't need another injury-prone player.

I feel the same way. There has to be something seriously wrong with him. He would of been picked up by now if he were worth it.

Svitek >>>>> Baker.

Based off of what we saw last year, no doubt Svitex is better than Baker. Good post scar.

I read a poster about 3-4 weeks ago that said McNeil had visited a few other teams and had failed their physicals also. If this is true, how is he going to magically pass the Falcon's physical?

I'm to the point of believing it's his health not the money.

I read a poster about 3-4 weeks ago that said McNeil had visited a few other teams and had failed their physicals also. If this is true, how is he going to magically pass the Falcon's physical?

I'm to the point of believing it's his health not the money.

where did you read this delaigle? I would like to read it as well. please tell me it was media and not a messageboard ;)