What Are You Guys Looking For The Most With The 2 New Coordinators?

apl2g

I'm looking for this team to just get better at the basics and fundamentals. I mean clean tackling and good blocking. If this team can just improve on the basics i think they can make a deep playoff run. If our defense is just in the right place at the right time they will be a lot better. if our offense can just make the block they are supposed to they can be top 5 in the league.

O - more variety in plays as opposed to the same predictable stuff and esp in red zone

D - rock solid on all plays esp 3rd & short

Last year we were better on 3rd and short then we were on 3rd and long. We need to stop allowing those long completions on 3rd down.

On O we need to score when we get in the red zone and our scheme needs to cover up our poor oline.

Last year we were better on 3rd and short then we were on 3rd and long. We need to stop allowing those long completions on 3rd down.

On O we need to score when we get in the red zone and our scheme needs to cover up our poor oline.

i agree. i think the addition of Samuels will help with that as well as the loss of Lofton. IMO Lofton was a liability on 3rd down.

Offensively I want to see Koetter have an innitial game plan that works and when a defense makes adjustments, I want to see us make in game adjustments to counter what they are doing. I want to see a good screen game slow down the pass rush and take advantage of the fact we have two RB's and a freshly drafted FB with very good hands. I want to see a lot of downfield passing that results in 1st down completions on second down regularly. I want to see other offensive weapons step up when primaries are game planned for. I want to see Julio dominate no matter what the defense tries. I want to see the passing game open up the running game.

Defensively, I want to see Nolan improve our pass rush and 3rd down defense which actually go hand in hand. I also want to see our run defense continue to get better even though it was quite good last year.

I'm looking for a attacking style both offensively and defensively no more holding back if we have the talent that coaching staff thinks we have I want them let off the leash.

No inbetween BS get after it on both sides of the ball.

Edited by kiwifalcon

I want to see whether or not we have legitimate talent that was misdirected in the old schemes or if we have a group of mediocre players that will only be better than average in any given system. It's time for a few guys to get it in gear, totally.

believe me. it was the coordinators. BVG is back where he belongs as an assistant in college and Mularkey is where he belongs- running a 20th century team.

believe me. it was the coordinators. BVG is back where he belongs as an assistant in college and Mularkey is where he belongs- running a 20th century team.

Are we sure about that though? I mean think about it, Matt Ryan delivered franchise record numbers last season and is on the verge of setting several career franchise records, roddy white has become a household name almost, Michael Turner has been one of the most consistently producing 'backs in the game for four years and on the other side, we had at least one year in which the defense was top five in points allowed. I'm just playing devils advocate here because I think coordinators could have been part of the issue as well, but we wont know that for sure until we see a season or two with the new guys. That I'm sure of. There will be no more excuses for the players after this.