Chris Hope, Whats The Story With This Guy?

i see he has a sb ring with the rams and a pro bowl with the titans but havnt heard this name in a couple years, has he been hurt or just gotten old? can he still be a playmaker?

i think he has just gotten old. im not very excited about the move. what i am excited about is to see if drobinson is actually any good in the nickel if he is we could have a really good D. i see alot of coverage sacks this year

i see he has a sb ring with the rams and a pro bowl with the titans but havnt heard this name in a couple years, has he been hurt or just gotten old? can he still be a playmaker?

He was actually pretty good with the Titans for a few years. He's just gotten older, slower and Titans didn't want to pay him due to having some young guys. He will be a good depth player and if he plays time to time he will make plays. He's a bigger safety who's better in the box making tackles. He will be our Yeremiah Bell from the Phins for Nolan.

He has just as much talent as Sanders/Hayden so I assume he will play a role similar to them. And is better insurance than a rookie if a starter goes down. Who knows though, maybe Nolan specifically wanted him. He broke his arm week 4 of last season and was out all year IIRC. So thats better than it being a lower leg injury.

Edited by Clark Kent

Actually he got a ring with the steelers not rams. I live in Tennessee so I saw quite a few of his games with the titans. Never was a huge playmaker but definitely a solid player. Good depth, kinda like what we had with James sanders last season.

I've been following Hope since he was at FSU. He's a big, fast, strong guy that can really hit (kind of like William Moore). He's also a playmaker. I recall seeing him picking off some pretty good qbs, including Manning. Overall, I remember him being solid and not allowing many big plays. He's played FS for most of his career but he can play both well. His situation is similar to Erik Coleman when he was here. FS his whole career but was forced to play SS after the titans drafted Michael Griffin. The guy might've lost a step and he might not be the same player he once was but he was still the starter last year before he got injured. He could fill in for either safety and be alot more reliable than Sanders. He'll also be a thumper on special teams. Good signing.

The 05/06 steelers. The Seattle Screwjob Superbowl.

a lot of this in pro sports these days, sadly. the game 6 of the stanley cup playoffs was just as bad. it really is gut wrenching to see these guys bust their humps all year just to have it all potentially sandbag for a revenue driven agenda. we in the wrong line of work, if we were a ref or cop we could just do whatever we want and never be held responsible for anything and still get paid. what was i thinking going to college?

Edited by Desert_Falcon

I've never been angrier watching a football game in my life.

I dunno that "Brees brakes the record" MNF game last year was so obviously network agenda driven it was ridiculous. Stop a game for 10 minutes to give a game ball? C'mon.

At least in the Katrina bowl they kicked our butts. Last year in NOLA every time we had a positive play occur, there was a flag or other disruption by the officials. Pick up a holding flag in the end zone on a safety??? C'mon.

You're right. It's sad and makes me angry. The WWF is only a few feet down the slippery slope from what the NFL is becoming. Someone needs to hang the f'n network suits by the neck on a short rope. They are destroying this game.

I dunno that "Brees brakes the record" MNF game last year was so obviously network agenda driven it was ridiculous. Stop a game for 10 minutes to give a game ball? C'mon.

At least in the Katrina bowl they kicked our butts. Last year in NOLA every time we had a positive play occur, there was a flag or other disruption by the officials. Pick up a holding flag in the end zone on a safety??? C'mon.

You're right. It's sad and makes me angry. The WWF is only a few feet down the slippery slope from what the NFL is becoming. Someone needs to hang the f'n network suits by the neck on a short rope. They are destroying this game.

Yes, but that was on a screen pass, so there was no intentional grounding.

Yeah, right.

What Will Verteran Chris Hope Bring to the Falcons Secondary?

By James Dator

Needing veteran help in their secondary the Atlanta Falcons turned to Chris Hope, formerly of Tennessee.

Jul 2, 2012 - Consider yourself lucky. I'm a huge fan of bad puns, and "Hope for Falcons Secondary" was rife for the picking, but I decided it's early, it's Monday Morning... far too soon to make you endure such torment.

During the Falcons mini camp it was clear the coaching staff were excited about their prospects at multiple positions. Time and time again we saw wide receivers making big plays, with both the offensive and defensive line making waves. With all the kudos and recognition came a decidedly less chipper appraisal of the safeties, who didn't seem in step with the rest of the team.

In a move that clearly indicates the organization aren't satisfied with their safety play, the Falcons have signed ten-year veteran Chris Hope to bolster their unit, and add some much needed guidance to the young players in the organization. On it's surface the signing of Hope looks to be a stop-gap solution to a fairly large problem, and it is... but that doesn't mean the addition of Hope won't really help Atlanta in 2012.

Last season was a wash for Hope as he missed much of the season with a fractured forearm, but even prior to that it was clear the Tennessee Titans were committed to rebuilding, and as such the 31 year old veteran didn't really fit their plans. He finished the season with a pedestrian 25 tackles, the worst season of his career.

However, with Chris Hope's arrival in Atlanta he has an opportunity to return to his 2010 form; a season that saw the veteran put forth a fantastic 101 tackle season with 5 passes defended. He had experience in a solid Titans secondary, and now joins one of the better units in the league. Moreover, he's a professional, and will be able to guide the rest of the safeties, even if he's not a long-term option.

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/atlanta-falcons/2012/7/2/3131048/2012-falcons-offseason-chris-hope