Does Chris Hope Have Shot At Roster?

Will we have 6 CB's and 5 S's this year?

QB-Ryan, Rojohombre

RB-Turner, Rodgers, Smith

FB-Ewing, Snelling

WR-White, Meier

WR-Douglas, James Rodgers

WR-Jones, Cone

TE-Gonzalez, Palmer

OT-Baker, Svitek

OG-Blalock, Jackson

OC-McClure, Hawley

OG-Konz, Jackson

OT-Clabo, Holmes

24 offensive, Koetter has used 3 TE's with a all around starter(gonzalez), a OL sized blocker and a over sized WR(235-245 lb's). If a guy does not step up Meier could double unless the waiver wire is an option.

DE-Abraham, Sidbury

DT-Peters, Walker, Robertson

DT-Babinaux, Jerry

DE-Edwards, Matthews

OLB-Weatherspoon, Nicholas

ILB-Tatupu, Dent (Comes out for 4-2 look)ILB-Biermann, Massaquoi(replaces MLB on 3rd down)

CB-Grimes, Owens

FS-DeCoud, Shillinger

SS-Moore, Hope, Mitchell

NB-Robinson, Franks

CB-Samuel, Walls

26 defensive players.

ST-Bryant, Bosher, Zelenka

Practice Squad

1-DL-Micanor Regis

2-LB-Pat Schiller

3-LB-Jerrell Harris

4-LB-Louis Nzegwu

5-WR-Drew Davis

6-OT-Bryce Harris

7-OC-Tyler Horn

8-QB-Wilson/Davis/other

Edited by Bier-fann

Your 53 and mindset behind the picks isn't bad at all. Injuries in TC is going to play a role on how many players we keep at the different positions. That's why I won't even post who I think makes the team and who doesn't. If Mashburn was correct in his assessment of minicamp, Tatupu is going to have a hard time just making the team little on starting. I hope Dent steps up or we could pay for losing Lofton.

You've got Biermann starting for Nick at WLB? Where is Spencer Adkins? I think you're leaving out some key depth players. If Hope has hope, he'll have to beat out Shillinger. Though I do think we're somewhat thin at S as opposed to CB. I think Walls could be a numbers casualty. Or Owens, but I doubt that.

I still see Nicholas at SLB in a 4-3, but I think a 4-2 front will be the norm with 5 DB's. I see the front four depth locked in and MLB being replaced by a 5th pass rusher on 3rd downs. That is why Lofton is out and Samuel is in.

Hope does present a problem for Shillinger, Walls, or Owens if they keep 10 DB's. Mitchell could be a PS candidate too.

He will make the roster cause we need depth with experience, but that is my 2 cents. My point being if Moore were to go down are you going to leave that spot to a rook?

I agree with this. DeCoud himself is already a liability in coverage so having a rook on the other side of him could spell disaster for our secondary. Hope doesn't have to be a young speedster to have impact in our secondary. I think Hope can do everything Sanders and Hayden did if not better.

I agree with this. DeCoud himself is already a liability in coverage so having a rook on the other side of him could spell disaster for our secondary. Hope doesn't have to be a young speedster to have impact in our secondary. I think Hope can do everything Sanders and Hayden did if not better.

Exactly! plus Hope brings playoff experience which is an intangible that is hard to measure and most overlook.

I still see Nicholas at SLB in a 4-3, but I think a 4-2 front will be the norm with 5 DB's. I see the front four depth locked in and MLB being replaced by a 5th pass rusher on 3rd downs. That is why Lofton is out and Samuel is in.

Hope does present a problem for Shillinger, Walls, or Owens if they keep 10 DB's. Mitchell could be a PS candidate too.

Hope and Mitchell will make the Roster.

I didn't realize Hope was a signee. I wasn't familiar with him from the Steelers/Titans and assumed he was a walkon. Silly me.

Still though, I think this Adkins kid is the sleeper at LB. He's been getting consistently better and all the reports at minicamp say he looked great. I hope he gets a fair shake considering the numbers. Everybody's just assuming it will be Dent or Tatupu as the 3rd LB in base. I've got a gut feeling that Spoon will end up in the middle before it's all said and done. Maybe not this year, but soon.