RYNE

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predicted last week that Atlanta would sign a vet FA safety as follows:

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

snapback.pngtheProf, on 20 June 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

"Nolan is pleased with the play of safeties Thomas DeCoud and William Moore, but doesn’t see much depth at the position."

I was surprised when the Falcons did not re-sign James Sanders for vet minimum, as Atlanta now has very little depth at the safety position. Although they drafted Safety Charles Mitchell in the 6th round, I suspect that they may still try to sign a vet FA Safety later on, perhaps after final cuts.

http://boards.atlant...__fromsearch__1

Sanders was terrible in coverage and was a needed exile. Hope will be much better at swing safety than sanders was.

Sanders was not a beast in coverage, but he was not horrible like some of you youngsters suggest, the guy was a very solid swing, and made a few big plays ......the disrespect of him is unwarranted, but yea, the Hope signing is fantastic !

Date: Team: Pos:

Chris Hope - DB - Falcons

Falcons signed S Chris Hope, formerly of the Titans.

Hope, who turns 32 in September, recorded 25 tackles and one interception in 10 appearances with Tennessee last year, making two starts and losing his job to Jordan Babineaux. Though he's clearly on the decline, Hope gives Atlanta experience at safety behind starters Thomas DeCoud and William Moore. He'll likely compete with Shann Schillinger and rookie Charles Mitchell for two spots.

Jun 29 - 5:03 PM

Sanders was not a beast in coverage, but he was not horrible like some of you youngsters suggest, the guy was a very solid swing, and made a few big plays ......the disrespect of him is unwarranted, but yea, the Hope signing is fantastic !

Story of AFMB :D

But yeah I think we all agree this is good depth

Guest Fibonacci

I was thinking we needed some help for the falcons.....but I did think that Faulcon may have a chance, but now I am unsure.