Why Is Everybody Filling Baker In At Lt?

Creative

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we started Svitek over Baker even when Baker got healthy at the end of the season. Other than that one quote Smith had about trusting Baker, is there any reason so many people are assuming he has the job?

Svitek is better, that's a fact. He's not the answer.. but the best we have (assuming Holmes isn't ready).

Am I wrong in thinking that Svitek is the favorite right now?

P.S. - Sign McNeil.

Guest Dtan (Elite Poster)

Neither are starting caliber LTs in this league.

It's time for the wunderkid to make a move.

Or King Arthur will move him.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we started Svitek over Baker even when Baker got healthy at the end of the season. Other than that one quote Smith had about trusting Baker, is there any reason so many people are assuming he has the job?

Svitek is better, that's a fact. He's not the answer.. but the best we have (assuming Holmes isn't ready).

P.S. - Sign McNeil.

I agree with you ........I am hoping Baker proves me wrong, but an NFL LT with a chronic bad back is like a MLB pitcher with chronic bursitis in his throwing arm shoulder .......it aint getting better .....please god let Baker shine and make us ALL STFU ..........unsure.png

Edited by freebird310

I sometimes think many of us (us includes me) overrate Svitek simple because he is someone else --not Baker.

Really Baker a 1st rounder and Svitek a UDFA play fairly close to the same level (I do give the edge to Baker when he is healthy which is only about 50% of the time)

I find it intreging that many of us are pinning our hopes on an injured 3rd round choice to be the answer????

I keep hearing that McNeil has failed his physical at 6 other teams --so how will he magically pass the Falcon's physical?? I do not see him as an answer.

Edited by delaigle

I guess because by all accounts he's been running with the first team in all mini-camps. I would love for Baker to prove all of us wrong but the fact remains that even when he was as healthy as he could be he struggled with speed rushers and got beat way too often. Svitek was overall better when he faced some elite pass rushers, one being Jared Allen and he was matched up one on one quite a few times.

I sometimes think many of us (us includes me) overrate Svitek simple because he is someone else --not Baker.

Really Baker a 1st rounder and Svitek a UDFA play fairly close to the same level (I do give the edge to Baker when he is healthy which is only about 50% of the time)

I find it intreging that many of us are pinning our hopes on an injured 3rd round choice to be the answer????

I keep hearing that McNeil has failed his physical at 6 other teams --so how will he magically pass the Falcon's physical?? I do not see him as an answer.

PFF has had Baker as one of the worst LT's in football for the past 3 seasons. Plus, it's not like they're seeing something we aren't. It verifies it.

PFF has had Baker as one of the worst LT's in football for the past 3 seasons. Plus, it's not like they're seeing something we aren't. It verifies it.

All i'm saying is that Svitek is no better than Baker about the same. Never said Baker was any good.

All i'm saying is that Svitek is no better than Baker about the same. Never said Baker was any good.

How about we not say things we can't take back. Svitek is still below average, which makes him significantly better than Baker has been. Svitek has a chance to at least be not a complete train wreck.

P.S. - Sign McNeil.

Svitek is definitely better. But McNeill was awful last year. I don't see him in the NFL in 2012.

To solve this problem at LT, we n eed to go after Marcus McNeil from San Diego. I've been saying for some time. Is there anymovement in the direction of trying to acquire McNeil?

You really telling me you didn't read the above post where Delaigle said McNeil has failed a physical for six teams? Or the many many many posts where McNeil has been discussed. Nobody wants him, theres an obvious reason or he would be scooped already. McNeil is not the answer, give up on it already, were gonna work with what we have.

How about we not say things we can't take back. Svitek is still below average, which makes him significantly better than Baker has been. Svitek has a chance to at least be not a complete train wreck.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree here.

For me, A healthy Baker is slightly better than Svitek.

The big problem is that Baker has never stayed healthy.

I still do not think Baker is very good --just that he is slightly better than Svitek

That's what I tried to convey in my 1st 2 post here.

Im over baker, I'm ready for Holmes to get a shot from the start, so he can get an on the job training. I feel like Mike Smith wont let him get that shot, but I'm hoping there would be a real competition in TC and not a verbal one.

Holme > Svitek > Sackmaker fat baker

Blind leading the blind, I guess. Guess folks are only following the lead by our illustrious leader, MS. when he recently gave our desginated LT, S. Baker quite the vote of confidence, couple that with TD's inattention in a meaniful manner to the most glaring weakness on this team, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to predict the outcome and this is truly sad!