Pat Ys Top 25 Now At 16

NFC South top 25: No. 16

June, 29, 2012

JUN 29

10:22

AM ET

By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

RECOMMEND1TWEET8COMMENTS15EMAILPRINT

We continue our series on my projected top 25 players in the NFC South for the 2012 season with No. 16:

Vincent Jackson, wide receiver, Tampa Bay

What he did in 2011: Playing for the San Diego Chargers, Jackson caught 60 passes for 1,106 yards and nine touchdowns. His most impressive statistic might have been that he averaged 18.6 yards per catch. The Chargers wanted to keep Jackson, but they had some salary-cap limitations. The Buccaneers didn’t and they broke the bank to get him to Tampa Bay.

Why he’s No. 16 in 2012: Jackson instantly gives quarterback Josh Freeman a much-needed true No. 1 wide receiver. He’s a proven commodity and he allows Mike Williams and Arrelious Benn to step into supporting roles. Jackson’s a big target (6-foot-5) and he has shown the ability to get open downfield and to break tackles after shorter catches. He and Freeman seem like a perfect fit. New coach Greg Schiano has said his offense will run the ball a lot and take some shots downfield. There aren’t many receivers more worth taking deep shots to than Jackson.

Tags:Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Josh Freeman, Arrelious Benn, Mike Williams, Vincent Jackson, Greg Schiano, NFC South top 25

So vjax us better than roddy now? I've heard it all. Vjax isn't as good Julio. And he is a pain to deal with. Let me guess steve smith is the best wr in the NFC? And he excludes lots of talent because in his words they are too old? The guy that caught 60 pass' in a weak division? This list is a pull a name out of a hat.

Guest Dtan (Elite Poster)

This list is garbage.

I've already emailed and tweeted (@spotondtan, follow me) him to voice my displeasure.

Guest Gritz

I've already emailed and tweeted (@spotondtan, follow me) him to voice my displeasure.

Like a gnat on an elephant's (your mother's) azz.

Guest Negatorris

Honestly I'd totally forgotten Tampa signed Jackson. He'll be a pain to deal with.

Not when Josh Freeman thinks Grimes is a WR for Tampa Bay too.