Time To Set Your Bets In Vegas!

don.reese

If you ever regularly listen or read sports media, you’d come away with the impression that the NFL consist of nine teams: eight teams whose actions are studied and analyzed in detail, and the ninth team which is composed of 24 parts.

It’s not surprising the over/under for Falcons season wins is fairly low. The Falcons team which comes to their mind is probably not the one of the last four seasons. The truth is, most so-called “experts” really don’t know much about the Falcons – or a lot of other NFL teams. They will probably be able to give you the names of the undrafted free agents practicing at the Cowboys’ training camp, but would have difficulty telling you in which state the Falcons’ training camp is located.

With the Falcons averaging almost 11 wins a season the past four years, the so call experts list the Falcons at 9 wins for the 2012 season. We should easily pass that in 2012.

That's a really good line. I think 9-7 is probably where we will end, although a bit optimistic. I hope all the homers move the line up to 13-3/14-2 and I'll announce my retirement at the end of the season.

Edited by Mr. Right

As much as it pains me to say it, 9 wins sounds about right.

We have 2 new coordinators and it will take some time for their system/playbook to get established.

We play a brutal schedule, including 3 games against teams coming off their bye. Yes, I realize we are coming off our bye against the Eagles, considering Andy Reid hasn't lost a game coming off the bye since Christ was a Corporal, that's a wash.

Our offensive line, barring an insane turn around, is a liability.

Three of our offensive weapons are starting to slow down, due to age.

FTR, I sure hope I'm wrong and everyone predicting 12+ wins is right.

We have 2 new coordinators and it will take some time for their system/playbook to get established.

We play a brutal schedule

How the Falcons handle the 1st six games will be the telling factor.

How the Falcons handle the 1st six games will be the telling factor.

Obviously you don't want to go 1-5, but even if the team were to have trouble getting in synch and went 2-4, if the LT situation is solid and the Nolan defense is performing as expected, I think the Falcons could overcome a poor start. There's no doubt the offense and defense will be much, much better from mid-season to the play-offs. I'm going to put $50 on 10 or more wins.

Obviously you don't want to go 1-5, but even if the team were to have trouble getting in synch and went 2-4, if the LT situation is solid and the Nolan defense is performing as expected, I think the Falcons could overcome a poor start. There's no doubt the offense and defense will be much, much better from mid-season to the play-offs. I'm going to put $50 on 10 or more wins.

I think he meant that the beginning of the schedule is pretty easy, so if we don't do well in the first half, we won't do well in the second half.

If you ever regularly listen or read sports media, you’d come away with the impression that the NFL consist of nine teams: eight teams whose actions are studied and analyzed in detail, and the ninth team which is composed of 24 parts.

It’s not surprising the over/under for Falcons season wins is fairly low. The Falcons team which comes to their mind is probably not the one of the last four seasons. The truth is, most so-called “experts” really don’t know much about the Falcons – or a lot of other NFL teams. They will probably be able to give you the names of the undrafted free agents practicing at the Cowboys’ training camp, but would have difficulty telling you in which state the Falcons’ training camp is located.

LOL, sad but true brah .....good post .........

We play a brutal schedule, including 3 games against teams coming off their bye. Yes, I realize we are coming off our bye against the Eagles, considering Andy Reid hasn't lost a game coming off the bye since Christ was a Corporal, that's a wash.

Our offensive line, barring an insane turn around, is a liability.

Three of our offensive weapons are starting to slow down, due to age.

what about the ms and mr first season in town how did that turn out i believe we had way more stacked against us then and it turned out pretty good. i believe the coaching changes will prove to be a good thing by week 4 and fom their just steady improvment on both sides of the ball. this team is loaded with to much talent to have a losing season and i will be shocked if we are not a better team then we were last year