Where Will Matt Ryan End Up On Jaworski's Top 30 List ?

Bring It

These lists are just useless to me. If Ryan is ranked in the top ten the pro Ryan guys are gonna swear that this list is totally on and 100% right. Same as if Ryan was ranked on another list at 18 or so, the anti Ryan people will say it is spot on. Just opinions people, just opinions. I must say though regardless of where Ryan, is I think Jaws is an idiot. That's my opinion.

These lists are just useless to me. If Ryan is ranked in the top ten the pro Ryan guys are gonna swear that this list is totally on and 100% right. Same as if Ryan was ranked on another list at 18 or so, the anti Ryan people will say it is spot on. Just opinions people, just opinions. I must say though regardless of where Ryan, is I think Jaws is an idiot. That's my opinion.

^^^^^

Yup

He will have these guys ahead of Ryan (not saying I agree 100%)

Brees

Rodgers

Brady

Newton

Stafford

Manning

Manning

Rivers

Roethlesburger

and these guys could be as well

Schaub

Romo

Cutler

Vick

Flacco

So i would guess he is ranked somewhere between 9-13

EDIT: well, i just went back and read his updated list and see that (surprisingly) some of the names came off before Ryan. So I guess he will be in the 7-10 range now.

Listening to more than three to five seconds of Jaws-babble sends me into cerebral seizures and I start bleeding from my eyes. Please.... somebody force him into retirement.

What I find funny is that most people who have a player they try and defend or beat down are generally screwed by their own logic.

If you are a "win me a superbowl" or "win playoff games" person then there is one good QB a year and 31 that suck.

If you are a stats guy then don't whine when your QB goes 6 - 12 and the team sucks (Cam Newton much).

The way I see it is that you want a QB who gives you a chance to win and is a leader. According to most people's logic on this board there is one winner and 31 losers because it seems that everyone is stuck in the previous year. Who are the QB's that really give their team a chance to win every week. There really are not that many. Brees, Brady, Rodgers, probably Rapist in Pitt, maybe Eli but he loses games too, Rivers??? Ryan is pretty high on that list and this year will tell a lot. If Ryan improves this year, I don't care what he does in the playoffs, but if his numbers go up and he wins 11 or 12 games and doesn't single-handedly lose any, to me he is a top ten and maybe a top 5 or 6 QB. Depends on how the rest of the league does. I want a superbowl, but I'm not narrow minded enough to think that a QB who has had 5 years of very solid play and gotten better for most of them is going to suddenly be responsible for losing in the playoffs all by himself.

What I find funny is that most people who have a player they try and defend or beat down are generally screwed by their own logic.

If you are a "win me a superbowl" or "win playoff games" person then there is one good QB a year and 31 that suck.

If you are a stats guy then don't whine when your QB goes 6 - 12 and the team sucks (Cam Newton much).

The way I see it is that you want a QB who gives you a chance to win and is a leader. According to most people's logic on this board there is one winner and 31 losers because it seems that everyone is stuck in the previous year. Who are the QB's that really give their team a chance to win every week. There really are not that many. Brees, Brady, Rodgers, probably Rapist in Pitt, maybe Eli but he loses games too, Rivers??? Ryan is pretty high on that list and this year will tell a lot. If Ryan improves this year, I don't care what he does in the playoffs, but if his numbers go up and he wins 11 or 12 games and doesn't single-handedly lose any, to me he is a top ten and maybe a top 5 or 6 QB. Depends on how the rest of the league does. I want a superbowl, but I'm not narrow minded enough to think that a QB who has had 5 years of very solid play and gotten better for most of them is going to suddenly be responsible for losing in the playoffs all by himself.

Same thing I've said all along about Ryan. The guy is good and he has the tools to do great things within this new offense. The only thing I differ with you on is I think the QB is the key and sets the tone, not just for the offense, but for the attitude of the whole football team in the play-offs. This year Ryan must rise above the level he's been at in these previous play-off games. He must be able to put this team on his back, shake off some tacklers and put up some extraordinary numbers in crucial moments. I believe his time has come and he'll step up.

Same thing I've said all along about Ryan. The guy is good and he has the tools to do great things within this new offense. The only thing I differ with you on is I think the QB is the key and sets the tone, not just for the offense, but for the attitude of the whole football team in the play-offs. This year Ryan must rise above the level he's been at in these previous play-off games. He must be able to put this team on his back, shake off some tacklers and put up some extraordinary numbers in crucial moments. I believe his time has come and he'll step up.

Well said.

Amen.

Excellent points, all.