Jsmooth About To Be A Laker?

RHEC

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as he's not in a Hawks uniform and I don't have to look at that stupid ******* pouty face he makes every time he doesn't get a call I don't really care where he goes. Softest paint player for someone his size and possibly the worst ball-handler in the history of the NBA, and I'm not even exaggerating. He gets the ball stolen EVERY time he starts dribbling in traffic.

Also, it will be nice not to hear "EYE-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!" every time someone blocks him in the paint and makes him look like a ******.

This picture sums up Josh's entire career:

slideshow_1002159976_8.1.JPG

Edited by Heisenberg

As long as he's not in a Hawks uniform and I don't have to look at that stupid ******* pouty face he makes every time he doesn't get a call I don't really care where he goes. Softest paint player for someone his size and possibly the worst ball-handler in the history of the NBA, and I'm not even exaggerating. He gets the ball stolen EVERY time he starts dribbling in traffic.

Also, it will be nice not to hear "EYE-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!" every time someone blocks him in the paint and makes him look like a ******.

This picture sums up Josh's entire career:

slideshow_1002159976_8.1.JPG

So, you agree with the OP that it's a bad move or what?

Hawks want Gasol... eh... so trade Smith and downgrade the team. Good plan.

Hawks need to make some sort of change. The way the team is now they will never beat the Bulls, Heat, C's, or Sixers.

I am for getting rid of Josh Smith.

Hawks want Gasol... eh... so trade Smith and downgrade the team. Good plan.

Screw smith, I'm done with his immature ***, tired of his 20 ft jumpers to. He is done here and I completely want him gone, he will never learn and never grow up.

Edited by lucifersam597

for pau? no thanks.... bynum on the other hand may be someone to look at. still not convinced about trading josh though. where else are we going to get 19 and 10 a night?

LMAO people said this EXACT same thing about Joe Johnson and now nobody wants him here. "Where else are you going to get 25 a night?" I don't know, do your job and draft someone impactful or sign someone or make a trade for someone, but don't give a max contract to a stoic turd.

You either trade Josh Smith now and get something for him, or you get NOTHING for him when he walks next year. It really is just as simple as that.

for pau? no thanks.... bynum on the other hand may be someone to look at. still not convinced about trading josh though. where else are we going to get 19 and 10 a night?

Jerry Buss' son wasn't willing to trade Bynum for Dwight Howard.. no way they would trade him to ATL.

This wouldnt be a meaningful move for the organization.

Trade Jsmooth and Teague to Minnesota for Rubio and Derrick williams.

Make a push for the Free agent Mayo.

We would be in the eastern conference finals next year with these moves.

LOL. Rubio isn't going anywhere. David Khan said Rubio and Love are "untouchables". I know this cuz I live in Minnesota right now and Rubio is viewed as a demi-god up here. Derrick Williams however is a piece Khan is willing to trade. He already offered Derrick Williams to the Bobcat's for their #2 pick on draft day (ret@rded). So yea that's never going to happen.

Id rather trade everyone for picks and start over /swift voice.

Pau gasol is aging, and I do not see a team with Joe, Teague, Horford, and Pau making it to the finals.

I'd almost take this plan minus Horford and maybe Teague.

While the Franchise isn't terrible its as stagnant as a professional basketball playoff franchise can possibly be.

We just got a new GM, time to clean the rest of the house and put together some prospects.

Not happening. The Lakers want a Top 5 pick for Gasol. I don't want Smith here anymore, but attempting to get an aging, expensive player in Gasol isn't the answer.

If that's true then I want nothing to do with him. We already have one aging over payed star, last thing we need is to start giving away picks for another one.

LMAO people said this EXACT same thing about Joe Johnson and now nobody wants him here. "Where else are you going to get 25 a night?" I don't know, do your job and draft someone impactful or sign someone or make a trade for someone, but don't give a max contract to a stoic turd.

On his best days Joe's a Chris Bosh type player, he'll never single handily win a championship, but he can lead mediocre teams to playoff berths and if put on a team with solid players already in place he can prove to be that missing puzzle piece. On his worst days he'll completely disappear and we're once again reminded that he's making 10 million dollars a year too much. (Thats 18 million total)

You know whats freaking sad is Joe is arguably the best Hawk since Dominique himself (which says more about our sorry franchise than him but I digress). He's a darn good player but he's no team leader, on a team that's never really had a solid Xs and Os coach and immature and overrated players like Josh Smith and Marvin Williams, add to that just about everyone has an vastly overpaid contract and sometimes I'm amazed that the team's been as decent as its been,

Edit: Here's a list of some players that made less than Joe this yeardry.png

Lebron James

Chris Bosh

Dwayne Wade

Chris Paul

Kevin Durant

Paul Peirce

Tony Parker (The fact that the Spurs had this guy playing on 12 million is incredible I hope our new GM can bring that same franchise template that the San Antonio Spurs have)

I don't see the point in trading for Pau, all we'd be doing is getting older and at best getting back to the second round for a year or two before having to rebuild from scratch. Moving Josh seems like a necessary move but we'd be better off trading for youth; a lot of young talent just came into the league and there's more than one team that will want what Josh can do.

You either trade Josh Smith now and get something for him, or you get NOTHING for him when he walks next year. It really is just as simple as that.

I think most people would like to keep Joe here, but not for the money he is getting paid. Signing him to a max contract was the dumbest move ever.

I'd take it. People are saying this won't make us better just for getting him off the books but nothing we could possibly do with this roster would put us on Miami's level for the playoffs next year, and we can get a lot of talent down the road by trading Joe to the Nets and Josh before the deadline. Maybe we put together a lot of young talent, watch them develop into players or more attractive assets to move down the road, and make a real competitor down the road. I just hate the idea of getting older and more apathetic until everything falls apart and we have to dump Horford and Teague to be a lottery team.

Edited by Serge

I'd take it. People are saying this won't make us better just for getting him off the books but nothing we could possibly do with this roster would put us on Miami's level for the playoffs next year, and we can get a lot of talent down the road by trading Joe to the Nets and Josh before the deadline. Maybe we put together a lot of young talent, watch them develop into players or more attractive assets to move down the road, and make a real competitor down the road. I just hate the idea of getting older and more apathetic until everything falls apart and we have to dump Horford and Teague to be a lottery team.

Nail on the head here