Atlanta Falcons: Corey Peters To Help Childhood Cancer Group

With all the bickering and negativity we have on these boards sometimes it is good to read about the classy players we have here. I met Corey Peters in Chattanooga last year and the young man is the epitome of a great guy. He is the kind of player that makes you proud to support this team. I hope he has a monster year as he is one of my favorite players.

Atlanta Falcons: Corey Peters to help childhood cancer group

9:19 am June 27, 2012, by D. Orlando Ledbetter

Corey-Peters-Cancer.jpeg

Pictured from L to R: Ried Crowe, Co-Founder of Rally; Rafael Bush, Denver Broncos; Dean Crowe, Founder and CEO of Rally; Corey Peters, Atlanta Falcons and Rally Spokesperson; Joy Posthauer, Rally Board of Directors; Christen Patterson, Rally Program and Event Coordinator; Karen Filos and Doug Filos.

Falcons defensive tackle Corey Peters was announced as the local spokesperson for the Rally Foundation for Childhood Cancer Research at the Braves game on Tuesday.

Peters will help Rally’s mission to raise awareness and funds for childhood cancer research to find better treatments with fewer long-term side effects and, ultimately, cures. The Rally Foundation is a national non-profit organization based in Atlanta.

As one of his first roles within the childhood cancer research organization, Peters will serves as honorary chair for the spring fashion show, Rally On the Runway, featuring girls that have fought or are fighting cancer.

Peters was named the 2011 Falcons man of the year.

http://blogs.ajc.com...ta_falcons_blog

I thought was pretty cool too. My father has been the President for the ACS ( American Cancer Society ) in northwest Florida for sometime. I have been a long time volunteer with him setting up things like Relay for Life and other functions. I lost several family members to cancer in one way or another and am always happy to help.

NFC South links: Saints greatest unknown

This is another feel good story. Palmer is in Serbia. I backpacked through there once upon a time and was extremely saddened. Its good to see our team out trying to help.

Guest Fibonacci

I am impressed with how our guys come together to help out in things like this to things of just painting a house.