Zombie: Man Who Took Synthetic Drug Strangles Dog, Starts Eating It... Yea Lets Legalize Drugs.

Guest Deisel

My assumption is that he already had underlying psychiatric issues and mental disorders. As for drug legalization, I would say legalizing naturally occurring (eg. marijuana, psychoactive mushrooms) and synthetic drugs that have had extensive study and limited negative side effects (eg. LSD) should be legalized, regulated, and sold. Others, like crystal meth, angel dust, and K-2 (though I'm not sure if this is illegal or not, I just know there have been limited to no studies of its effects) should remain illegal as they are dangerous to the users and have a habit of causing their users to do strange things, to say the least.

Edited by Psychic Gibbon

The problem is not drugs, it's the people themselves. There are laws already in existence to deal with idiots. A dude having cocaine on his person isn't hurting anyone. If he or she takes it to their house and snorts a line or two, who are you to tell them they can't?

How about I come into your home and tell you what you can look at on the internet or what type of television shows you can watch?

The problem is not drugs, it's the people themselves. There are laws already in existence to deal with idiots. A dude having cocaine on his person isn't hurting anyone. If he or she takes it to their house and snorts a line or two, who are you to tell them they can't?

How about I come into your home and tell you what you can look at on the internet or what type of television shows you can watch?

I guarantee within the next 10 years K-2 will be completely illegal and widely regarded a dangerous substance that never should have been on the market.

I guarantee within the next 10 years K-2 will be completely illegal and widely regarded a dangerous substance that never should have been on the market.

And the next thing you know we won't be able to get large soft drinks at restaurants or order certain things at restaurants. Oh wait...

And the next thing you know we won't be able to get large soft drinks at restaurants or order certain things at restaurants. Oh wait...

Ever smoke spice or been around people that smoke it? There is absolutely nothing good about it being available to anyone that can fake an I.D. in a gas station. I'm all for privacy and legalization of substances that aren't really hurting anyone but this is not informed adults buying a product that has been properly researched, it's usually kids buying something "like weed" with side effects that that haven't been researched enough.

Edited by Serge

FTR, spice has been around my neighborhood for awhile and it's popular in my age group down through high school. I've smoked it before and know people that smoke it constantly. I realize that's purely anecdotal evidence but I've experienced what it does and seen what it does to people that keep using it, and speaking as an individual that has never been afraid to experiment and finds the drug policy in this country and the very idea that this government knows what belongs in my body as asinine as the next guy, it's hurting people in ways that are not yet fully understood, and it's young people that are going to get hit the hardest before people figure out exactly what this does.

FTR, spice has been around my neighborhood for awhile and it's popular in my age group down through high school. I've smoked it before and know people that smoke it constantly. I realize that's purely anecdotal evidence but I've experienced what it does and seen what it does to people that keep using it, and speaking as an individual that has never been afraid to experiment and finds the drug policy in this country and the very idea that this government knows what belongs in my body as asinine as the next guy, it's hurting people in ways that are not yet fully understood, and it's young people that are going to get hit the hardest before people figure out exactly what this does.

all this stuff may certainly be true, however the legality of it doesn't prevent any of that from happening. people will get it if they want it, whether it is legal or not.

all this stuff may certainly be true, however the legality of it doesn't prevent any of that from happening. people will get it if they want it, whether it is legal or not.

The people that buy it only want it because it's a (still largely) legal alternative to weed and it's available in actual stores rather than through a dealer; its appeal would dissipate if it were made illegal or if weed was legalized.

Edited by Serge

It's very simple. All drugs are legal but you are responsible for any laws you break, whether you are on drugs or not. Man eats dog, faces animal cruelty. Crackhead steals, jail time for theft. Pothead falls asleep, give him a pillow. Some dude's trippin, wave.

Seriously, what's the problem? If your child is doing drugs, get them help/counseling. Prison has a VERY low rate of reform. I'd rather my child never do drugs, but if they do, I don't want them living the rest of their life with a criminal record. A person with a drug problem doesn't need more baggage. A criminal with a drug problem deserves to be in jail. I've known plenty of people with drug problems that were still good people. There's a big difference between a criminal that infringes on other people's freedoms and a drug addict that needs to get high to feel good about his life.