I Know 95% Of Poster On Here Are Never Wrong, But

FalconinPA

what were some of the times that you were totally wrong about a certain player that you thought would be totally awesome out of college.(falcon or not) I ask because if I had a dollar for everytime I was wrong I would be around Warren Buffett's wealth. I will start with a few

Aundray Bruce - Watching this guy play in college and the performance he put on against Georgia Tech that one game, I honestly thought that we had found the next Lawrence Taylor. When we drafted him I was beside myself, thought he would be one ofthe best ever. Well, many of you know how that turned out.

1998 Draft

Peyton Manning/Ryan Leaf - I was for sure that Ryan Leaf was gonna be the next Dan Marino. I thought Peyton was gonna fail miserably. I was telling any one that wanted to hear that Leaf would go #1 and Manning wasn't gonna be so great in the NFL. I thnk part of my hate was being a Georgia fan, I hated Manning even more because he played for Tennessee. No need to tell anyone how this turned out.

Lawrence Phillips- I thought this guy was gonna be breaking rushing records everywhere. Had me watching Nebraka games whenever I could. I was praying that the Falcons could somehow pick him up. Didn't turn out too good. LOL

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colt Brennan - I am stubborn though, I still think he would have been good if he had not been injured and gotten a chance.

Peria Jerry - i thought the guy would beast. Who knows how much the injury has had to do with his problems, but I was wrong regardless.

Jerry Hughes - I thought this guy would beast in Indy. So far, I've been wrong, but it's a new system this year and they are high on his chances.

I hate to beat an old horse to death, but here we go...

1. Baker, Sam LT - knew he was worthless when we started talking about him.

2. Vick, Michael QB - knew he was nothing more then a show, would amount to nothing more

then a show on turf. ( so far been correct )

3. Douglas, Harry WR - Did not think he would amount to much of a WR, stats and dropped passes still showing i was right. Hopefully that will change this year.

4. Loften, Curtis LB - did not think he would any good at all....well yea, missed this one.

Edited by lasher1116

Colt Brennan - I am stubborn though, I still think he would have been good if he had not been injured and gotten a chance.

Peria Jerry - i thought the guy would beast. Who knows how much the injury has had to do with his problems, but I was wrong regardless.

Jerry Hughes - I thought this guy would beast in Indy. So far, I've been wrong, but it's a new system this year and they are high on his chances.

I thought Colt Brennan was going to make it also and be a good starter for someone. I liked Jerry Hughes also. I also thought JA98 was going to be good for us coming out of college. Never really thought any were going to be monsters, but didn't think they would be bums either. I'm sure theres more I would just have to think about it.

Also your right about Dorsey I would say more like 90% wanted him and said he'd be a beast. Lol I'm glad I said I wanted MR.

I also agree with Swift I thought he was going to be a bum. I did suprise me, but he also is getting to much hype now. He's got a lot of work still and think his numbers will not be as good this year.

I hate to beat an old horse to death, but here we go...

1. Baker, Sam LT - knew he was worthless when we started talking about him.

2. Vick, Michael QB - knew he was nothing more then a show, would amount to nothing more

then a show on turf. ( so far been correct )

3. Douglas, Harry WR - Did not think he would amount to much of a WR, stats and dropped passes still showing i was right. Hopefully that will change this year.

4. Loften, Curtis LB - did not think he would any good at all....well yea, missed this one.

Uh...yeah....you are waaaaaaay off topic.

1998 Draft

Peyton Manning/Ryan Leaf - I was for sure that Ryan Leaf was gonna be the next Dan Marino. I thought Peyton was gonna fail miserably. I was telling any one that wanted to hear that Leaf would go #1 and Manning wasn't gonna be so great in the NFL. I thnk part of my hate was being a Georgia fan, I hated Manning even more because he played for Tennessee. No need to tell anyone how this turned out.

Didn't Tee Martin win the NC the year after PM left?

I have to say Browning Nagle(Louisville) especially after that whipping they gave Bama 91 Fiesta bowl tongue.png

Aundray Bruce and Jimmy Williams. I thought they would both be beasts.

I wanted Roddy, Ryan and Spoon though. I really wanted Clay Matthews over Jerry, although I thought Jerry would be a very good DT. I still think he could have have been without the injuries.

My biggest whiff was Vernon Gholston .. Thought he would be next LT

I likes Hankerson alot last year but he got hurt for Skins . I'm hoping I wasn't wrong about him and he shines with RG 3

I wanted Singletary to be a HC to bring discipline back to franchise

I joked that Joey Harrington would lead us to playoffs

I have had some serious Whiffs but I had some big time home runs

I would say I'm 50/50 on hits and misses on players

Judging talent is not easy . It's not like I have game film on players

just watch college and see highlights of players that stand out

I'm just glad I don't get paid for a thankless job as such a GM

You have fans like me who criticize everything . It's rare that 1 keeps a job long term

over 8 + years

Who are you and what have you done with the real swift?laugh.png

Next couple of years will tell the tale on TD, I think that some of the players he drafted will work much better in an aggressive scheme.

If TD improved the Oline with his work over the summer, going to be a fun year to be a Falcon fan. Nolan will improve the D, Give Ryan a pocket to step into and watch the difference.

Guest Gritz

There isn't enough bandwidth to hold all of the crap I have been wrong about.

Here are just a few highlights:

1.) Wanted the combination of Dorsey-Henne (or God forbid Dorsey-Brohm) instead of Ryan.....

2.) I also thought that Mike Singletary would be an excellent head coach for the Falcons.

3.) I thought that Jerious Norwood was going to get healthy and set the NFL on fire....eventually.

There isn't enough bandwidth to hold all of the crap I have been wrong about.

Here are just a few highlights:

1.) Wanted the combination of Dorsey-Henne (or God forbid Dorsey-Brohm) instead of Ryan.....

2.) I also thought that Mike Singletary would be an excellent head coach for the Falcons.

3.) I thought that Jerious Norwood was going to get healthy and set the NFL on fire....eventually.

Sub Vernon Gholston/Henne/Brohm on #1

#2-check

#3-check and I am still holding on. I can't let that one go.

Let me go ahead and make a confession for 80% of the board (but not me).

Almost everybody on this board thought Glen Dorsey was going to be a complete beast in the NFL. He's just been a guy.

I have to admit Peyton, I was all over this as well. **** glad we didn't do it, whew!

I'll go way back to the 1985 draft for this one. Back in the day when I was a Bengals fan, and I was thrilled when they took Eddie Brown, WR from Miami at #13 overall. Brown was the NFLs offensive ROY in 1985 and had a very respectable career in Cincy.

Three picks later, my suspicions that Bill Walsh was an idiot (and that the Bengals had been correct in offering their HC spot to Bill 'Tiger' Johnson rather than Walsh) were confirmed when the 49ers paid an extra first round pick to move up twelve spots and take a WR from some podunk school called Mississippi Valley State. This guy had fairly impressive numbers, but he was from a D2 school with a spread offense.

I tell ya, I was a frigging genius back then. I just wish I could remember the name of that guy Walsh picked.

I'm not much of a draft mocker. Mocked last year when G-Dawg forced me to. Didn't do bad but didn't knock it out of the park either.

I was a Dorsey/Flacco guy. Still don't think that would have been turrible. Probably slightly better than Ryan/SackMaker.

I think my biggest recent gaffe was Von Hutchins as starting corner in 2008.

I was not a big believer in Matt Ryan until his first pass. I thought we reached on him because of our QB situation. I was hopeful, but did not think he was going to be very good.

I was guilty of being on the Dorsey bandwagon.

I thought Jimmy Williams was a steal in the 2nd. Way off on that one.

I thought Eli was overrated because of his brother. I am still not a big fan of his and have always thought a lot of his success was due to his defense, but I have to give props for two Superbowls and I'm not going to hate on him anymore.

I thought Matt Bosher was a bust. (in my defense, I thought this after seeing him punt for us, not when we drafted him)

I thought Chris Owens was a good pick in the 3rd.

I thought Chevis Jackson was a good pick in the 3rd.

I thought Michael Jenkins was going to be a stud.

I thought Michael Booker was going to be a stud...

I thought Vick was innocent.

I was correct on a lot more than I was wrong. But the homer in me definitely believed a lot of these guys were better than they really were.