Coming Down To Atlanta For Tc

CDuB2009

Hey guys, me and a friend of mine are planning on coming down to Atlanta for training camp and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on a good hotel to stay in and any tips on where to go when we aren't at the practices. One thing I noticed is that Flowery Branch is about an hour away from Atlanta, I'm gunna assume traffic is bad getting into the city (it is in Chicago) so I was wondering if maybe it would be better to stay in North Atlanta or maybe even just Flowery Branch. Any info at all would be extremely helpful, never been to Atlanta before so I'm completely clueless.

Guest Fibonacci

the area is a lot better to be around flowery branch IMO. (just like north vs south chicago. (I came up there in the first game last year for the falcons and stayed a week)

it is better to be on the outside near flowery branch, and when you go to the clubs, bars, etc. it is easier to drive into....then it would be if you were in atlanta and had to travel to flowery branch.

getting to the clubs from flowery branch will take you 45 minutes........leaving from a hotel in atlanta to flowery branch, will take you a good hour and half. IMO. (just cause they have taken out the 2+ car passanger and made it where you have to pay to travel in that lane.....and trust me it cost a pretty penny penny to ride in it during rush hour.)

http://www.hotels.co...=07-31-12[0].numberOfAdults=2&roomno=1&validate=false&previousDateful=false&reviewOrder=date_newest_first

not sure if this out of pocket but it is 111, and not a bad spot. you are close to the city,maybe 30 minutes.....and the nice spot to go to is buckhead....which is about 15 minutes.

norcross is nice IMO. it is not in the city, so you do not get all the lights and noise.

as far as clubs, places to go....I am not good there. the rare bars I go to, are just holes in the walls, and it is usually just to hang out and chat. my places are nothing special.

if you need something less, let me know....I will keep an eye open.

EDIT: not sure if you are loaded. but if you are

http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details.html?pa=1&pn=1&ps=1&tab=description&destinationId=1496137&searchDestination=Atlanta&hotelId=265687&arrivalDate=07-26-12&departureDate=07-31-12&rooms[0].numberOfAdults=2&roomno=1&validate=false&previousDateful=false&reviewOrder=date_newest_first

I used to work road construction and this is one place I really pissed off. but they are awesome. plus it is a walk to maggianos, plus there is a ton of clubs.....this is one place where you see a lot of wierd stuff if you work at night like I did.....there is stories I will not even tell my wife....and yes I turned my eye on many things.a ton of celebs stay there.

anyhow if you stay there, hit me up. biggrin.png

Yea , I would stay in Flowery Branch. It would not only be better for traffic but you would be hard pressed to find a nasty hotel there.

Its a straight shot from there to go see the sights and leaves you with a quiet place to call home base.

I have always been lucky. My aunt and family live blocks away. The few times I have gone I just stay with her.

Edited by Tuggle2000

Guest Fibonacci

Yea , I would stay in Flowery Branch. It would not only be better for traffic but you would be hard pressed to find a nasty hotel there.

Its a straight shot from there to go see the sights and leaves you with a quiet place to call home base.

I have always been lucky. My aunt and family live blocks away. The few times I have gone I just stay with her.

few times?????????? what??????????? just a few times. I am giving you the stare just like the the guy in your GIF, right now. ph34r.png

few times?????????? what??????????? just a few times. I am giving you the stare just like the the guy in your GIF, right now.

I live in Miami , its not a quick jump rolleyes.gif

I wish It were easier. When I lived in Durham , NC I drove every year and stayed for almost 3 weeks. A 5-6 hr drive is better then a 12-13.

Guest Fibonacci

I live in Miami , its not a quick jump

I wish It were easier. When I lived in Durham , NC I drove every year and stayed for almost 3 weeks. A 5-6 hr drive is better then a 12-13.

yeah Miami is a distance. I just came from down there, I was at marco island. it took me a good 9 1/2 hours.....and if I was going to flowery, you could add on another good hour.

I hate to hear that.....but at least you got to enjoy the miami heat. tongue.png I'm sure you camped out on the street for days to get on the sidewalk...right?

Guest Fibonacci

Its nice too , fully finished basement. I don't have to drive so if I have a beer or few its cool. Man now you have me plotting if I can afford it right now.

you should do it. hit me up if you do. I always look for people to hang out with at TC.

yeah Miami is a distance. I just came from down there, I was at marco island. it took me a good 9 1/2 hours.....and if I was going to flowery, you could add on another good hour.

I hate to hear that.....but at least you got to enjoy the miami heat. tongue.png I'm sure you camped out on the street for days to get on the sidewalk...right?

I will tell you what. It is nice to live in a city where a championship is won.Everyone is in such a good mood. I am always a Hawk before Heat person , but they are a close second. I have always had family down here. I took a train to the parade. Traffic down here is a lot different then Atlanta. It is more like a different country.

Oh , what makes these trips so much fun too. My Aunt , Uncle , and the Cousin who still lives at home are all Saints fans. My uncle is an Ex-Navy Helicopter pilot and taught at NAS Pensacola. ( Saints Country) They are good sports but make it fun and good conversation.