Name The Qb That Takes The Next Step This Year

from this list which qb progresses to levels previously unheard of in his earlier seasons

your choices are:

stafford

Flacco

Sanchez

Freeman

Ryan

All are average-Above Average Qb's at this point in their careers

Here are the rules:

-the quarterbacks team must make a deep playoff run that was not seen since he began his career with his respective team

- The offense of this Qb must end the year as a top 10 offense in the NFL

- A Pro-bowl appearance should be warranted because of the Quarterbacks peformance

- the Quarterbacks stats for this upcoming season must be 4000 yds and 30 plus Tds or more.

ok tell me what you think!

from this list which qb progresses to levels previously unheard of in his earlier seasons

your choices are:

stafford

Flacco

Sanchez

Freeman

Ryan

Here are the rules:

-the quarterbacks team must make a deep playoff run that was not seen since he began his career with his respective team

- A Pro-bowl appearance should be warranted because of the Quarterbacks peformance

- the Quarterbacks stats for this upcoming season must be 4000 yds and 30 plus Tds or more.

Good Idea but why just those players? Why not add in all the young qbs because any of them like Bradford or Ponder could improve.

Also with your criteria you would have to exclude Sanchez and Flacco because they actually have had success in the Playoffs where they actually had a couple decent games and have been to their Conference Championship game twice.

Pro Bowls are not guaranteed since this league has so many stars at the qb position. You can already lock up two spots on the NFC side with Rodgers and Brees if he plays like he has the past 3-4 years so that leaves one spot. As last year showed Stafford broke 5000 yards and I think 41 tds and he didn't make the pro bowl because of Cam's crazy rookie year. So yea Pro Bowls are not guranteed

Josh Freeman? Really? Dude just had a season with 16 touchdowns and 22 interceptions, good enough for a passer rating of 74.6. Plus the Bucs won only 4 games last season. Sure they spent a lot of money but I don't see it translating into wins. I think Greg Schiano is going to be another college coach flop in the NFL.

Ryan and Stafford are the only ones that are going to put up 4,000 yards and 30 td's, I'd call the "next step" a toss up between who is hotter going into the playoffs.

I agree the others are average at best. Stafford has more talent, but MR has it and a better team. Plus we are going to the SB this year do its MR.

I agree the others are average at best. Stafford has more talent, but MR has it and a better team. Plus we are going to the SB this year do its MR.

I'd love it if Ryan and the rest of this team took that sort of turn this year in terms of playoff success and it's possible despite how bad we've looked in the last couple postseasons but I won't expect it until I see it.

Edited by Serge

your choices are:

stafford

Flacco

Sanchez

Freeman

Ryan

Here are the rules:

Ryan and Stafford and they both meet in the NFC Championship game.

It's down to Stafford, Flacco and Ryan to me. Given that Flacco has already had a fai amount of playoff success, only a superbowl appearance will be an improvement for his team. Stafford and Ryan are both in tough divisions and actually may wind up hoping for the same playoff spot. The NFC will be hard to get through to the playoffs because there are at least 3 divisions with multiple realistic division winners and wild card teams. The north has 3 teams, the east has 3 teams, the south has at least 2 teams depending in the improvement of Carolina and Tampa and who knows what will happen in the west. All that said, I'm riding with my team and say Matt Ryan. He's over due.

Exactly. Not hard to go 4-for-10, 34 YDS, 0 TD, 1 INT passing. But to do that and be on the right side of a 33-14 score on the road in the playoffs? Just mind-blowing.

I remember watching the Ravens a couple years ago in the playoffs against KC maybe. Flacco almost every play checked down to Ray Rice and Rice tore it up. Flacco had a horrible game, but they still won. Yet people want to say Flacci has playoff wins Matt Ryan don't. Same could be said for Sanchez, his o-line was top notch, good defense and a lot of talent on O. Sanchez sucked it up and they won. But both have playoff wins and MR don't hmm wonder why.

Edited by xSICKxWITHxITx

Sanchez and Flacco have already taken their team deep in the playoffs, so to some extent they have already taken that next step. Stafford had like the 5th best season ever from a QB.

But to say which QB will be the next consistantly elite QB, I'd go with Ryan or Stafford (if he can stay healthy).

Stafford - blue

Ryan - red

These 2 have the best chance to satisfy the criteria provided, but neither will satisfy all the criteria imho.

Here are the rules:

I will say that Ryan will take the next step under the new offense. Not playing so cautious, finally being able to use Douglas more in the slot, and the screen game will be a huge factor for him. I am optimistic that the o-line will be improved. I can see Ryan having 35tds 4600yds with 16ints. The Falcons will make it to the NFC championship game.

I like Stafford as well and he has already taken a big step stats wise but he will get his first playoff win in the wildcard round of the playoffs (I think that the Packers will win the NFC North).

Stafford? Really?

he threw for over 5,000 yard and 30 tds last season.

If he takes the next step what does he do? Throw for 6,000 and 60 tds?

Didnt see the whole list, but the QB's I see most likely to explode this season are:

Matt Ryan

Sam Bradford

Jay Cutler

Stafford? Really?

he threw for over 5,000 yard and 30 tds last season.

If he takes the next step what does he do? Throw for 6,000 and 60 tds?

Didnt see the whole list, but the QB's I see most likely to explode this season are:

Matt Ryan

Sam Bradford

Jay Cutler

I had forgot about Cutler. He was playing much better before he suffered the injury. Adding Brandon Marshall will also help him significantly. I could see him reaching 30 tds and over 4,000yds for the first time in his career but the Forte contract saga may have to be settled first because he played a huge role in helping out Cutler last season. I see the Bears as a top contender to make it to the Super Bowl if their o-line is improved.

Homer pick, I acknowledge that, but I have to go with Matt Ryan. Something about a guy who's had a lot of success, some inconsistency, some frustrating playoff appearances being matched up with a new coordinator known for tailoring his offense to his players' skillset and the league not really knowing what to expect out of us. I think Ryan is the guy who steps up this year.

The real question to me is, does he sustain it next season or do we have a regression. I really think our offense is going to be strong this season.

I am gonna go with stafford. The next step would be a playoff win and put the Lions on the right path to getting out of the NFL's basement every year.

I am hopeful that I am wrong about Ryan doing so. I truly hope Ryan will be the one to take the next step, because if he takes the next step then the Falcons take the next step. This is all that really matters to me.