Welcome To The 2012 Falcons

Bring It

Not yet. wink.png

D@mn bro I don't want him gone. :lol:

Mike Smith is perfect for this team and the high-character theme that it has. I just actually don't like listening to his interviews and what not. To me they're bland and repetitive. It's a good thing because it doesn't give the whoring media front page material to work with but as a fan the monotone vibe he exhibits just irks me. But yea Smitty is definitely the right guy for the job.

I like Mike Smith's interviews, not for the information (which he doesn't share) but for how stealthy he is at avoiding straight answers. Living in central Ohio, the master of this was Jim Tressel, who literally could conduct a half-hour press conference and give the writers two small paragraphs of substance to print. The local sports radio station had a segment they aired every week called "Translating Tressel" in which they basically couldn't do it.

I'm convinced these guys take classes to learn how to do this.

Smith and Ryan are both masters of coach speak. I prefer it this way. I very much dislike the in your face boisterous side of it. The Rex Ryan's if you will. I think as far the public eye goes that shite is for the field.

Amen.

I was thinking of Rex Ryan, Bill Belichick...............who sounds like he needs an enema, or Phillip Rivers who constantly sounds like he's trying to sell you a used car.

Ryan's interviews have the same tone as Smitty's...I get the sense of feeling thirsty every time I watch one...or tired...either one.

They're both VERY measured in their response to questions. Like they're afraid of saying or divulging too much.

Here's what makes me happy from that:

"...Koetter and Ryan have spent a lot of time together in order to make sure that they get on the same page with the new offensive attack.

Some of the major differences in the passing attack will be more vertical routes with an emphasis on getting the ball to receivers on the move. Also, the team will implement a package heavy in screen passes...."

Getting the ball to receivers on the move, what a concept.

Remember the last NO game last year- Ryan ran MM's offensive about as well as it could be run and it looked choppy and static compared to NO's. MM wanted 5 yards at a time, Koetter wants 12-15 yards every play. Going to be fun to watch this offense this year.

Here's what makes me happy from that:

"...Koetter and Ryan have spent a lot of time together in order to make sure that they get on the same page with the new offensive attack.

Some of the major differences in the passing attack will be more vertical routes with an emphasis on getting the ball to receivers on the move. Also, the team will implement a package heavy in screen passes...."

Getting the ball to receivers on the move, what a concept.

Remember the last NO game last year- Ryan ran MM's offensive about as well as it could be run and it looked choppy and static compared to NO's. MM wanted 5 yards at a time, Koetter wants 12-15 yards every play. Going to be fun to watch this offense this year.

Yup......................a breath of fresh air, compared to the carbon monoxide of the past.