Longest Losing Streaks

Longest Losing Streaks by a QB to begin PostSeason Career.

Matt Ryan 3

Peyton Manning 3

Randall Cunningham 3

Bobby Herbert 3

Steve Grogan 3

Bert Jones 3

Since Merger (1970)

Just seen the list on NFL Live thought I would share. Ryan said he was working on his foot work and movement in the pocket. He wants to be sound, fundamentally on his rollouts, drop backs 3,5 and 7. Wants to have this worked out before the start of camp.

Later they asked Damion Woody what the Falcons need to do to get over the hump. He said fix the offensive line. He said they got their teeth kicked in by the giants deffenive front. He said the o-line was known for being nasty dirty guys, but took a step back. Marcellus Wiley said same, but went on to say the entire team needs to play at a higher level once in the playoffs. He said they stay at status quo.

Later they asked Damion Woody what the Falcons need to do to get over the hump. He said fix the offensive line. He said they got their teeth kicked in by the giants deffenive front. He said the o-line was known for being nasty dirty guys, but took a step back. Marcellus Wiley said same, but went on to say the entire team needs to play at a higher level once in the playoffs. He said they stay at status quo.

Woody must know his football. Our oline rarely plays well against playoff-caliber teams and they never even show up in the playoffs. In the past 3 postseasons we've made guys like Darnell Dockett, B.J. Raji, and Rocky Bernard look like defensive players of the year. Smh

Woody must know his football. Our oline rarely plays well against playoff-caliber teams and they never even show up in the playoffs. In the past 3 postseasons we've made guys like Darnell Dockett, B.J. Raji, and Rocky Bernard look like defensive players of the year. Smh

Yeah Woody does know football he just retired last year. He was a good o-lineman for the Jets.

One thing that worries me is that it seems that were looking ahead. What happens during the regular season is a huge factor in postseason success. I just think the Falcons need to take it one step (game) at a time.

Who cares if WE are looking ahead? Do you think the Falcons share our same outlook? Come on man...dry.png

What's interesting (and encouraging) is that Ryan is the only one of those six to go to the playoffs three of his first four seasons. He's got time to develop, in my personal opinion.

I think a lot of folks here are into immediate satisfaction. Ryan has done a ton for this franchise. He is still growing.

What facts are those? How do the early playoff records of any one of those QBs have any bearing to the others?

In a league and society where the only thing that matters is playoff wins and or appearances it matters a lot. I think even more so as a Falcon fan. To the haters of where we are at , it shows that being a doomsayer is unwarranted. I like our position now. We have a lot of room to grow and improve. We have several weaknesses. We are still in better shape then anytime in our franchise history.

Longest Losing Streaks by a QB to begin PostSeason Career.

Matt Ryan 3

Peyton Manning 3

Randall Cunningham 3

Bobby Herbert 3

Steve Grogan 3

Bert Jones 3

Since Merger (1970)

Just seen the list on NFL Live thought I would share. Ryan said he was working on his foot work and movement in the pocket. He wants to be sound, fundamentally on his rollouts, drop backs 3,5 and 7. Wants to have this worked out before the start of camp.

Bert jones is exactly who Ryan reminds me of when I comes to Super Bowl teams i am positive he can break out of the bad luck category, but this year, winning the NFC south will def be the toughest out if the TD/Smith/Ryan era.

In a league and society where the only thing that matters is playoff wins and or appearances it matters a lot. I think even more so as a Falcon fan. To the haters of where we are at , it shows that being a doomsayer is unwarranted. I like our position now. We have a lot of room to grow and improve. We have several weaknesses. We are still in better shape then anytime in our franchise history.

How does one poor playoff record vindicate another?

Bert jones is exactly who Ryan reminds me of when I comes to Super Bowl teams i am positive he can break out of the bad luck category, but this year, winning the NFC south will def be the toughest out if the TD/Smith/Ryan era.

I used to be a big Bert Jones fan. Always thought he could be more.

Except that Bert Jones was considered to have one of the strongest arms in the history of the NFL.

I was just trying to figure out if those QBs all had something in common and other than all being 0-3 in the playoffs to start their careers. I couldn't find anything.

Team player was trying to suggest that a group of QBs losing their first 3 playoff games was some kind of factual vindication of the situation here. That is laughable.