Falcons Rapid Reports: June 21

theProf

Latest Falcons RapidReports

WR White: CB Samuel brings a 'spark' to the defense

by Knox Bardeen, CBSSports.com

WR Roddy White on CB Asante Samuel: “He’s been here three weeks and I already love that guy. He brings out the energy and a lot of people are doing a lot more talking since he got here. He’s brought that spark that we needed on defense.”

3 hours agoCBSSports.com

White on WRs: 'We look really, really good right now'

WR Roddy White on the WR corps: “We look really, really good right now. I’m not going to lie: This is the best I’ve been around since I’ve been here and seen as a cumulative group on the field.”

3 hours agoCBSSports.com

WR White: Meier is 'stepping up'

After WRs Roddy White, Julio Jones and Harry Douglas, the Falcons have question marks on the WR depth chart. Third-year WR Kerry Meier made some great catches during minicamp and looks to be in pre-injury form from 2010. “Kerry is stepping up,” White said.

3 hours agoCBSSports.com

Nolan: Most of the defensive terminology has stayed the same

DC Mike Nolan said the biggest challenge for the players when it comes to installing his new defense is language. “What they might have called Cover 2 before might be called Cover 5 now, but at least half, if not more, of the terminology has remained the same," he said. "The problem is if a guy’s thinking too much on the field because of terminology, he’s not playing fast. That’s a lot of what the OTAs and minicamp try to get out of the way.”

3 hours agoCBSSports.com

Training camp schedule announced

The Falcons announced their training camp schedule on Thursday. The team will conduct 33 sessions between July 26 and August 19 at its training facility in Flowery Branch. Atlanta will open 13 sessions to the public including “Friday Night Lights” and a dual practice with the Tennessee Titans in Dalton, Ga.

3 hours agoCBSSports.com

Turner: Rookie FB Ewing must 'step up'

RB Michael Turner had chemistry with departed FB Ovie Mughelli and said rookie FB Bradie Ewing would have to “step up” come training camp. Turner also said Ewing was quickly learning the play book and his biggest obstacle was being full speed by July 26, the start of training camp.

3 hours agoCBSSports.com

RB Turner denies reports he's overweight

Several media outlets have reported RB Michael Turner looked heavier than the 247 pounds he played at last year and had reported to minicamp overweight. He’s had no issues with drills through minicamp and Turner denied those rumors Thursday, saying he was “the same as I’ve always been.”

4 hours agoCBSSports.com

Guest S. O. D.

RB Turner denies reports he's overweight

Several media outlets have reported RB Michael Turner looked heavier than the 247 pounds he played at last year and had reported to minicamp overweight. He’s had no issues with drills through minicamp and Turner denied those rumors Thursday, saying he was “the same as I’ve always been.”

4 hours agoCBSSports.com

Wonderful.

You'd think with a possible 7.5 million dollar payday on the horizon next year, he'd lay off the burgers, shakes, and fries.

Obviously food is more important than Football OR money.

Atlanta will open 13 sessions to the public including “Friday Night Lights” and a dual practice with the Tennessee Titans in Dalton, Ga.

OMG I was born in Dalton Ga. I will finally be able to go see the Falcons play. How do I get tickets?

I was extremely happy when I saw this today. I am going to be there too.

Who cares how big he is. Remeber Jerome Bettis. Noboby complains about his wieght. As long as he can punish opposing players and rack up yards and touchdowns I dont think its a big deal.

I think you would agree that Jerome had much niftier footwork than Turner does.

Turner certainly has more speed though...just imagine how much more effective he would be with 25 pounds off?

As long as Turners effective it is no big deal right now. Asante Samuel is the truth and our O is going to be dynamic if we actually incorporate everyone into the offense. I hated the fact that we have so much talent and barely used it. This is going to be a great season.

Who cares how big he is. Remeber Jerome Bettis. Noboby complains about his wieght. As long as he can punish opposing players and rack up yards and touchdowns I dont think its a big deal.

Big supporter of Turner and have bashed many for considering trading him, but in watching some of the late season '11 games recently, it looks like his cutbacks are not as crisp. These were his bread-n-butter runs w/ misdirection previously. I think him being slightly overweight(if that's the case) wont impact the team much if we start to use him like a powerback and not an every down guy (short yardage and goalline only) I think our team would improve greatly with us featuring Snelling and Quizz more often.