Smittys Rb Committee

joe horn

I hate to be that guy (really, I do) but I rremember the RBBC thing being soundly chastised when it was just us doing it. Having a feature back like Turner was what the discerning teams with means would do, while teams like the Saints were simply trying to turn lemons into lemonade.

But yeah, it's never too late to do the right thing.

i don't believe Smith has the confidence to do this. as shred said, they've been talking this for years

They need to try something different! Maybe with the new O.C. they'll do more than just talk about it. The bad thing is, it sounds like they're going to really try and become more of a quick strike passing offense and I seriously doubt their offensive line will allow them to do that, especially with Ryan as their quarterback. Who knows? They may just pull it off. If so, they sure as **** better when a playoff game. I'm sure they will if they can make it all work.

I hate to be that guy (really, I do) but I rremember the RBBC thing being soundly chastised when it was just us doing it. Having a feature back like Turner was what the discerning teams with means would do, while teams like the Saints were simply trying to turn lemons into lemonade.

yea the team that RBs go to die. hahaha The saints dont have that back that can carry the load

wasnt that like two years ago?

They need to try something different! Maybe with the new O.C. they'll do more than just talk about it. The bad thing is, it sounds like they're going to really try and become more of a quick strike passing offense and I seriously doubt their offensive line will allow them to do that, especially with Ryan as their quarterback. Who knows? They may just pull it off. If so, they sure as **** better when a playoff game. I'm sure they will if they can make it all work.

i'm anxious to see what dirk can bring. looks like he was brought in to build on smittys vision, which is bad news if you ask me. there will be no quick strikes if matt stands there yelling out cities and car names for thirty seconds letting the defense think about what's going to happen

i mean ****, even the announcers were predicting our plays. somethings got to change.

i'm anxious to see what dirk can bring. looks like he was brought in to build on smittys vision, which is bad news if you ask me. there will be no quick strikes if matt stands there yelling out cities and car names for thirty seconds letting the defense think about what's going to happen

i mean ****, even the announcers were predicting our plays. somethings got to change.

Wow. Great analysis! Contrary to popular belief you may actually have a future!! :)

I keed I keed!!! laugh.png

yea the team that RBs go to die. hahaha The saints dont have that back that can carry the load

wasnt that like two years ago?

No....thats still the stuff of WFW. Just ask him.

Now, he'll be seriously compromised if the Falcons adopt this style of play.

I guess he'll always have his Redskins.

Yeah because the saints are the first team to use multiple running backs ever rolleyes.gif

I mean we have never seen a team use multiple backs in the division until the saints did it.

Guest S. O. D.

Feature backs are great, so long as you've got one.

Falcons have had one for the past 4 seasons, Saints haven't.

Turner no longer qualifies, so the switch.

If by quick strike you mean 5 yard down and outs, then sure, they got it.

just think if they would of gave him help from the start. He'd still have a lot of legs left.

I'm not arguing just talking to u.

He would still be 30 and on the decline. Would there be a little more tread on the tires, sure. Would it be enough, I doubt it. He did his job nd I'm sure Mr. Blank will honor his contract($5.5M) and he'll no longer be a Falcon after the 2013 season.

On a side note: Wow, the Heat are killin the Thunder!!

I think they'll lower his carries because there won't be another way, personally I'd prefer having a 20 carry back and a genuine scatback but the way it looks now we've got a genuine starter that should be carrying the ball 250 times instead of 300+ and a couple guys that can run and catch.

I think they'll lower his carries because there won't be another way, personally I'd prefer having a 20 carry back and a genuine scatback but the way it looks now we've got a genuine starter that should be carrying the ball 250 times instead of 300+ and a couple guys that can run and catch.

Agreed, but they're at least going to try the committee approach...at least that's what they say...again.

He would still be 30 and on the decline. Would there be a little more tread on the tires, sure. Would it be enough, I doubt it. He did his job nd I'm sure Mr. Blank will honor his contract($5.5M) and he'll no longer be a Falcon after the 2013 season.

On a side note: Wow, the Heat are killin the Thunder!!

I dont think he'd be on the decline. He wasnt a featured runner until 26.

Yea the Heat killed it