Mashburns Day 3 With Pictures.

Guest fibonacci

Guest Fibonacci

https://picasaweb.google.com/105376748300402650377/June212012?authuser=0&feat=directlink

(sorry for how long it took me to get the pictures up.....I had someone mash (mashburn) my foot while trying to get Matt Ryans Autograph. they guy was a big boy and I mean big. I was wearing flip flops and he stepped below the index toe. it is all nice and purple...not sure if it is broke or not.....at the time I did not know anything took place. when I got home I saw the purple and the semi ugly nail. then I took some meds and fail knocked out....again sorry. but at least the pictures are up now)

S

Faulcon

- really got to watch him today. looked like he was playing his area and was still semi talking like Moore.

--- I look forward to see how he does when the pads come on.

- nothing impressive, but nothing bad.

Mitchell

- actually I was a little impressed by his playing skills.

- not OMG or anything like that. but he played about the same level as Faulcon with more looking around

- he did not say anything out loud.

based off of today, Faulcon would have my vote over Mitchell.

TE

did not see Aron white doing anything. every time I looked at our TE's, he was always just sitting back watching.

- really not sure why I never got to see him do anything.

Gallarada

- makes some catches, but has dropped a couple

- looks to be maybe a third at most.

- been blocking good so far.

- need to see how he does with pads and contact.

Lamark brown was ok from what I saw....but it was not anything really to take note of.

Nissley is someone who cannot block correctly. (it looks like maybe the TE coach has given up on him as well).

- he also is not a catcher either

WR

WR guys to Meier, then Pearcy/Rodgers then Stafford then Cone then Calvin and Davis/Jackson at the bottom.

Rodgers is short and has to make up for it....which he has been doing very good.

Pearcy has the regular height so he does not have to make the hard grabs.

I think based overall for the three days I say Rodgers even though the ball has to be thrown over a DB to get to him.

Rodgers plays the screen a lot better then pearcy as well.

Rodgers has the edge of better moves and with him being short he does get hidden.

but they are still both close.

Stafford first day was bad. he actually has made some hard grabs...but he has also tripped up twice, and dropped a couple passes.

Cone gets more touches then Calvin...but they still have nice hands.

Cones does has better moves the Calvin, but not good moves.

Davis and Jackson drop a few. not good in routes (which is the result of dropping). and do not really make a move after they catch the ball.

(note: I can not tell if the line on either side looks good or not....just with them not in contact it looks like a child playing marry had a little lamb)

QB

they all threw good today...except for davis yet again.

I really think it is because he does not aim his toe. I believe he got picked off by hansen (and I think hansen should have been cut two days ago)

they ran some better plays today and played a very good D.

Also JPW looked to be playing with the better guys then what Redmann had today......this may end up coming up that JPW takes backup QB for Ryan.

one other important note: I do not like the QB coach. he is not working with the guys like he should....I mean I keep seeing Davis throw off his foot wrong and it results in bad throws a lot.....I would go and tell him to fix it and he might start throwing better.....but this QB coach is seeming to only be looking up to Matt Ryan....yes, only looking up to Matt, not teaching, not showing, etc.

- sorry but this is furstrating me.

- this is a coach I would tell to go back to pee wee league or something. Dtan could teach better then this guy.

CB

Dunta came very close to me and I could hear it very clear.

- "coach something pulled at me, I did not feel anything, but I could feel it tugging"

--- I think he will be fine and would be playing within a week if this was the season.

- he did get a holding call easily. and his other one, he blocked well.

grimes and asante were not all in the mix as much....seemed like the other CB's were getting a chance to shine.

Franks doing very well. not playing better then grimes or Asante, but he is there and sometimes has that flash.

- to me he missed an interception. he blocked it, but it should have been an interception.

- covered pretty good. I would give him an 8 out of 10 in coverage overall for the week.

Owens actually showed flashes as well. I do think franks is the better CB

McClain does not look to be there today. I would cut him

Marty Market.

-this guy is not that bad.

- yes he got burned by Meier, but the guy is learning.

- I would not have him on the roster but I would move him to PS

Walls is behind owens.

did not see any flashes...sorry

LB

Tatupu needs to start stepping up. I am not seeing anything out of him and it is starting to tick me off....3 days and nothing out of him....but a walk up to the fans and say how bad he wants it and blah blah blah.

Dent

- very good again....2 days I have seen him having flashes.

Adkins

-very good today.....I really am wondering where he will be.

if Adkins continues and dent continues, then there might be a surprise of telling Tatupu bye bye.

FB

Ewing made catches and made moves and showed he could open the middle.

my cox was out there but he missed a good one where he was to go up the middle....but all he did was drop the ball.

based off yesterday my cox won, based off today Ewing was the man.

based off of Mughelli....I would want him back.

Did not see anything of DE really today....nothing that was looking like flashes.

Maybe Biermann.

I am wondering where the heck is edwards? also Mike smith called Edwards for off sides....you could tell weatherspoon was pissed.

Weatherspoon is really looking good. seems to really be the leader....sometimes you hear moore and Decoud and Asante, but weatherspoon is number one leader.

I know this is just mini camps and it is hard to say what is good....but this is just based off what I have seen. once the pads and contact come in, it will really let me know some things.

Anyhow hope this helps people get an idea what is going on. I know a lot of you guys can not make it to training camps.

Namaste'

Guest Fibonacci

I can't tell you how much I really appreciate the updates!! Seen anything from Jerry?

1956familyguypeanutbutt.gif

it is so hard for me to say how the line is doing. I really have to wait until they are being in contact.

I will say that he looks the same if that helps. :)

I love doing these updates. it really gives me something to do, plus I get to help people out here, so they know what is going on.

Mashburn, I really appreciate all of the reports you have been coming back with. For those of us who cannot attend or watch the OTAs, we are really glad someone can give us the scoop.

I would have liked to have heard about the OL and DL, but without pads it is hard to assess I assume.

I imagine Davis the QB being cut. I never understood the love he got from some fans. He did nothing at BC and he has just been a poor QB IMO.

Thanks again.

With the poor QB play coming from Davis, I'd be interested to see them add Therriault and give him a try in camp, couldn't hurt. I'm also very curious to see if they cut a few guys after camp, and if so who, since your notes make it sound like there are a few cuts that are obvious.

one other important note: I do not like the QB coach. he is not working with the guys like he should....I mean I keep seeing Davis throw off his foot wrong and it results in bad throws a lot.....I would go and tell him to fix it and he might start throwing better.....but this QB coach is seeming to only be looking up to Matt Ryan....yes, only looking up to Matt, not teaching, not showing, etc.

- this is a coach I would tell to go back to pee wee league or something. Dtan could teach better then this guy

Man this is really concerning. Will be interesting if that is the same coming training camp. watch out for it ;)

Franks doing very well. not playing better then grimes or Asante, but he is there and sometimes has that flash.

- to me he missed an interception. he blocked it, but it should have been an interception.

- covered pretty good. I would give him an 8 out of 10 in coverage overall for the week.

This is great news, could have some real depth at CB this year. I think Owens works well in man coverage on the outside.

Tatupu needs to start stepping up. I am not seeing anything out of him and it is starting to tick me off....3 days and nothing out of him....but a walk up to the fans and say how bad he wants it and blah blah blah.

Don't want to write him off yet. He must be rusty after a year off, and he should shine when the pads come on. Big hitter

Dent

Adkins

if Adkins continues and dent continues, then there might be a surprise of telling Tatupu bye bye.

Do you think Adkins could make an impact at 3-4? have they shown many looks in the 3-4 that you've seen? If so how was it performing?

another guy I think will look good when the pads come on. Dude is aggressive.

So the 53 man roster Receiving looks like

1) White

2) Jones

3) Douglas

4) Meier

5) Rodgers

Careful, I'm a Rodgers supporter too, but this will come down to ST play in the preseason. Pearcy still has a shot, though I think, ultimately, Rodgers will win out and Pearcy will land on the PS.

Guest Fibonacci

you know how in college the entire line will left there heads up and looking over to the line to see what they should do.....Look at my picture today of Baker....what an idiot......I mean really everyone else know what is going on and doesn't need to be rubber necking at the sideline....and also dude Matt ryan is about to say hut hut....not only will you have a penalty on your butt, but your going to get matt killed

someone needs to really pull this guy before matt get killed.

I will edit this comment when my picture is uploaded. but the picture number is 412.

you know how in college the entire line will left there heads up and looking over to the line to see what they should do.....Look at my picture today of Baker....what an idiot......I mean really everyone else know what is going on and doesn't need to be rubber necking at the sideline....and also dude Matt ryan is about to say hut hut....not only will you have a penalty on your butt, but your going to get matt killed

someone needs to really pull this guy before matt get killed.

I will edit this comment when my picture is uploaded. but the picture number is 412.

What are you talking about? Baker is back to his old self. He's going to be an elite LT.

Guest Fibonacci

I agree very much with all you said.

not really much of 3-4....I think they are doing this outside of the public eyes or not that much as of right now.

there is a 100 guys out there, no need in really seeing the schemes right now, just cause you know half of them will be gone.

- IMO

but I do wonder if Adkins will be in on 3-4.....he really did impress me today with his skills and being really into it.

not going to write of tatupu yet...but I really thought I see something out of him.....he makes me wonder if all he is, is a big hitter though.....oh well this is just mini camp....then again you would think he would step up with Dent and Adkins being better, when he should be the better player.

(looking at his contract he is getting 4 in bonus money and 750 this year and one next year.....so if all he is, is a big hitter then he will be worth it, and he will not get his bonus money either. So I could leave with that.) anyhow I know I am being hard on him, but I really thought he be showing flashes.

It also makes me wonder if he really is 100% like everyone says he is.

Guest S. O. D.

ok I am having to upload the pictures again and need to sort things....so give me a couple hours until they are up.

S

Faulcon

- really got to watch him today. looked like he was playing his area and was still semi talking like Moore.

--- I look forward to see how he does when the pads come on.

- nothing impressive, but nothing bad.

Mitchell

- actually I was a little impressed by his playing skills.

- not OMG or anything like that. but he played about the same level as Faulcon with more looking around

- he did not say anything out loud.

based off of today, Faulcon would have my vote over Mitchell.

TE

did not see Aron white doing anything. every time I looked at our TE's, he was always just sitting back watching.

- really not sure why I never got to see him do anything.

Gallarada

- makes some catches, but has dropped a couple

- looks to be maybe a third at most.

- been blocking good so far.

- need to see how he does with pads and contact.

Lamark brown was ok from what I saw....but it was not anything really to take note of.

Nissley is someone who cannot block correctly. (it looks like maybe the TE coach has given up on him as well).

- he also is not a catcher either

WR

WR guys to Meier, then Pearcy/Rodgers then Stafford then Cone then Calvin and Davis/Jackson at the bottom.

Rodgers is short and has to make up for it....which he has been doing very good.

Pearcy has the regular height so he does not have to make the hard grabs.

I think based overall for the three days I say Rodgers even though the ball has to be thrown over a DB to get to him.

Rodgers plays the screen a lot better then pearcy as well.

Rodgers has the edge of better moves and with him being short he does get hidden.

but they are still both close.

Stafford first day was bad. he actually has made some hard grabs...but he has also tripped up twice, and dropped a couple passes.

Cone gets more touches then Calvin...but they still have nice hands.

Cones does has better moves the Calvin, but not good moves.

Davis and Jackson drop a few. not good in routes (which is the result of dropping). and do not really make a move after they catch the ball.

(note: I can not tell if the line on either side looks good or not....just with them not in contact it looks like a child playing marry had a little lamb)

QB

they all threw good today...except for davis yet again.

I really think it is because he does not aim his toe. I believe he got picked off by hansen (and I think hansen should have been cut two days ago)

they ran some better plays today and played a very good D.

Also JPW looked to be playing with the better guys then what Redmann had today......this may end up coming up that JPW takes backup QB for Ryan.

- this is a coach I would tell to go back to pee wee league or something. Dtan could teach better then this guy.

CB

Dunta came very close to me and I could hear it very clear.

- "coach something pulled at me, I did not feel anything, but I could feel it tugging"

--- I think he will be fine and would be playing within a week if this was the season.

- he did get a holding call easily. and his other one, he blocked well.

grimes and asante were not all in the mix as much....seemed like the other CB's were getting a chance to shine.

McClain does not look to be there today. I would cut him

Marty Market.

-this guy is not that bad.

- yes he got burned by Meier, but the guy is learning.

- I would not have him on the roster but I would move him to PS

Walls is behind owens.

did not see any flashes...sorry

LB

Dent

Adkins

FB

my cox was out there but he missed a good one where he was to go up the middle....but all he did was drop the ball.

based off yesterday my cox won, based off today Ewing was the man.

based off of Mughelli....I would want him back.

Did not see anything of DE really today....nothing that was looking like flashes.

Maybe Biermann.

I am wondering where the heck is edwards? also Mike smith called Edwards for off sides....you could tell weatherspoon was pissed.

Weatherspoon is really looking good. seems to really be the leader....sometimes you hear moore and Decoud and Asante, but weatherspoon is number one leader.

I know this is just mini camps and it is hard to say what is good....but this is just based off what I have seen. once the pads and contact come in, it will really let me know some things.

Anyhow hope this helps people get an idea what is going on. I know a lot of you guys can not make it to training camps.

Namaste'

The QB coach thing is an issue. It makes a big difference having a good QB coach, letting you know you're drifting left, or dropping your elbow, or whatever. I feel the Falcons are very subpar in this area, and it's going to be reflected in all QBs. You need a "swing coach" out there.