Position Rankings. Cb Edition.

Resse

CB as a group can change after the top team as TC is going but my rankings for right now is.

1. Falcons (Samuels, Grimes, Dunta) This should be the best group in the south and top 10 in the league maybe higher. I wonder how Nolan will line them up and who will be the nickle.

2. Saints (Greer, Robinson, Patrick) Porter gone but Robinson was ready to take his job anyway. I also heard some good things about Patrick.

3. Bucs (Talib, Wright, Biggers, Lewis) Talib is free for now but Goodell is around the corner.

Wright is Meh...... and I have no clue what they are doing with Barber.

4. Panthers (Gamble, Capt, Norman, Hogan, and Butler) Plain and simple if we don't get Capt. off the field or at least in the nickle spot we will be lower then 4th. One of these guy really need to beat him out in camp before we can go up in this rankings.

Still not convinced that even our new trio can stand up to the super high octane passing attacks of Messrs. Rodgers, Brees, Brady, etc. It could just be that in today's NFL, such offenses can only be slowed, not stopped.

Gamble is still a stud and thrived in our defensive scheme last season; he was arguably the best CB in the division based on the individual CB numbers last season but opposing offenses just abused Captain. Hoping Hogan or Norman can step in and be serviceable since they are young and I love the things I have been hearing about Norman so far this off-season.

As for the rest, rankings are spot on.

Man if Dunta can really perform in the slot (Where he played the majority of time in Houston) we will have far and away the best DB Corp in the league.

Also Dunta is having probably his best OTA session so far. Apparently he's been getting more opportunity to make plays on the ball since he isn't having to play off-man so much and he isn't pinned to the side line and in run support.

Man if Dunta can really perform in the slot (Where he played the majority of time in Houston) we will have far and away the best DB Corp in the league.

Also Dunta is having probably his best OTA session so far. Apparently he's been getting more opportunity to make plays on the ball since he isn't having to play off-man so much and he isn't pinned to the side line and in run support.

Not a shot at the Falcons but, not even the best CBs in the league can cover forever. Without a pass rush, even the best CB corps will get picked apart if the QB can just sit in the pocket and do his thing.

Them DUNTA expectations just dont go away do they. HE sucks for two straight seasons and you still think hes good! hahahahaha

In the slot having to deal with Colston and Graham, he will get DESTROYED!!!!! Colston and Graham may score 4 or 5 TDs alone against him

Guest S. O. D.

Them DUNTA expectations just dont go away do they. HE sucks for two straight seasons and you still think hes good! hahahahaha

In the slot having to deal with Colston and Graham, he will get DESTROYED!!!!! Colston and Graham may score 4 or 5 TDs alone against him

He can't do any worse than "Crisp" Owens.

You're assuming Colston can stay healthy until week 10. Graham is going to beat anyone. Until David Amerson gets into the NFL no one can cover the dude.

I also wouldn't say he sucked. He's been mediocre.

Not a shot at the Falcons but, not even the best CBs in the league can cover forever. Without a pass rush, even the best CB corps will get picked apart if the QB can just sit in the pocket and do his thing.

That's why Mike Nolan was brought here. Sure Abraham could fall off a cliff, but Lawerence Sidbury could also have a breakout season. Who knows Weatherspoon could get 7-8 sacks, It's possible. He got 4 under the minimal blitz scheme of Brian Van Gorder.

Just as a point of reference....Dunta was overrated in Houston (I live in Houston) and all of the locals knew that.

That's why....... like you guys claim Lofton was allowed to walk.....so was Robinson allowed to walk.

Just as a point of reference....Dunta was overrated in Houston (I live in Houston) and all of the locals knew that.

That's why....... like you guys claim Lofton was allowed to walk.....so was Robinson allowed to walk.

He may have been, but he still has the upside to be a good player. BTW do you guys think you'll be able to keep Graham? You guys have some pretty huge names coming up in FA.

I can't see Graham leaving New Orleans.

He is on record as having said when Brees hangs up his cleats, he does too. He said he'll never play for any other QB.

Now will that be the case, only time will tell. But that likely plays out over a 5 year window.

I can't see Graham leaving New Orleans.

He is on record as having said when Brees hangs up his cleats, he does too. He said he'll never play for any other QB.

Now will that be the case, only time will tell. But that likely plays out over a 5 year window.

The reason I say that is a lot of the players you guys signed this year only have 750K cap hits and they all jump up several million next year and the years after that. I could see you guys losing both Greer and Ellis next year depending on how bad the Brees deal is

Ellis likely....Greer not likely.

Ellis has made noise on a TV interview he did last year with another Pro player as host that he needs money...please send money. That ticked me off and told me where his heart is.

I just can't see you guys throwing out big money to an old and scheme dependent CB

NVM you guys apparently extended Greer until 2016

Which of us will play the role of the homer, like a handful of Falcon fans did in the LBer thread, and claim our teams CBs are #1 in the division?

I would, but I've a busy day. I have plenty of half azzed arguments in mind also, it's a shame. :(

I just can't see you guys throwing out big money to an old and scheme dependent CB

NVM you guys apparently extended Greer until 2016

Ellis is probaly gone after this season and LIke you said Greer was extended already.

As for Free Agents next year, Bushrod and De La Puenta are the only ones i can see the saints really need back. They wont get huge contracts anyway.

He may have been, but he still has the upside to be a good player. BTW do you guys think you'll be able to keep Graham? You guys have some pretty huge names coming up in FA.

I'm sure Loomis will do his best.

BTW, who are these huge names that will be free agents in Feb 2013?

I'm sure Loomis will do his best.

BTW, who are these huge names that will be free agents in Feb 2013?

None really in 2013, I'm talking about 2014 when Graham will be an FA and I'm pretty sure Jenkins is an FA as well and I think Robinson is a FA in 2015. So you guys got some pretty big young guys coming up soon