Mashburnds Day 2 With Pictures, Notes.

Guest fibonacci

Guest Fibonacci

https://plus.google....274469986276241

today was a better day.

lets go ahead and talk D.

- Robinson did very well.

--- he did slip up and he got sent to the time out box

----I love this time out they are doing. this will really help them know they have to quit Fing up.

---- You could tell today Robinson was upset he was sent to timeout.

---- Robinson got fried by White....and I mean fried.

---- Robinson got a interception while playing nickel but fake blitzing....I was very impressed.

---- Robinson assisted in another interception. (which was off of Matt Ryan)

---- blitzed a few times....once he clearly got to matt Ryan.

---- scared a WR by yelling at him....it was quite funny.

- Asante improved from yesterday to today.

--- Covered very well

--- got an interception

I do believe not only with Robinson in nickel type sets and blizting is good....but having Asante there is a helping him, IMO.

Grimes was ok...Robinson and Asante were the stars today....Robinson was number one. but Asante played very well on every play, and I never saw him mess up.

- He did look very good when he was set on that 10 foot circle thing and had to run around it and grab the shirt..(sorry I do not know the name of it)

They loaded the **** of the line. and I mean the loaded the box and everyone went.....it was very nice.

- this is where Robinson got to Ryan.

- I also saw that Chad Faulcon was able to get to Davis.

I believe we will see this a good few times.

Did not see anything out of Tatupu for the second day.

Spoon did step up on playing D and also playing one on one match up runs.

- impressive like he always is.

Dent showed signs to getting to players....did not see him make someone miss....but he was right there in action.

--- this is more of a battle for tatupu then I thought.

Chad Faulcon showed signs of trying to be a leadership role....I do not think this is a good idea.

- he did cover his area correctly.

- I look forward to seeing him with the pads.

45 Hansen really needs to be cut.

41 actually covered the ball, but when moore yelled, "BALL"....Tuimaunei just posed for my camera and could have got the ball. (go look at my pictures)

Biermann was a little shaky on the hybrid today....not sure but Gallarada got a catch off of him.....but then again Biermann might have killed him if they had pads on.....also the play was only for 3 yards.

Abraham still performed well. yesterday he had a slight edge with playing Hybrid.

did not see anything out of Massaquoi or Sidbury today.

Edawrds

- were the **** is he at???

--- yes he is on the field, but he is not showing up.

--- he better really play when the pads go on.

Matty Market shows flashes of being good.

- but lets face it, he has no chance.

Dominique Franks

- covered well

- I want to say he got a pick....do not hold me to that.

- Did good with playing like blocking the kick.

William Moore was yelling to the guys when the ball was in the air....very good.

Offense

James rodgers and Pearcy are still at it.

- I think Rodgers won yesterday all around...while today it was Pearcy.

----Rodgers had yesterday because of KR...but franks looked the best still on KR.

--- Pearcy today showed more talent.

---- these two are neck and neck.

---- Rodgers missed a pass.

Meier did almost as good today.

White, douglas, julio all did very well.

-White played slot....hmmm

BUT Julio did drop a pass.

Matt Ryan, JPW, Redmann all planted there feet.

- Redmann was the only one I did not see get picked off.

- Davis really needs to work on his feet.

- Matt's first throw was bad, which resulted in Robinson making a pick. but the rest were very good minus one or two.

---- good important over yesterday.

- Not as many deep throws today....which to me is a good thing.

- Redmann, I am impressed more so then what I have seen him in the past...maybe he is afraid he could be cut or something, or this will be his last year here.

cannot really say how the lines look....all I can say is McClure is center and Baker is LT.

32 Rodgers looked very well. seemed he got more touched then Turner. (don't go to saying anything, this is just mini camp ladies. lol)

who is taking Mughelli spot??? hmmm

- so far it looks to be cox. not only is he been the starter but he seems to know the routes and etc.......I just pray he really does know how to hit.

--- We shall see once the pads come on.

TE

- not impressed. I know Gallarada made some catches, but he dropped a couple as well.

- Palmer made some....but he looks like he will always be the backup TE....which is ok..

- Without Gonzalez there TE looks not so good, honestly.

- Palmer and Gallarada blocked well.

- Adam Nissley got man handled in blocking over and over.

--- is this the guy who went at the knees on Abraham yesterday? if so cut this guy today.

please check out my pictures to see more notes....I will post notes of the pictures for those who use their cell phones and cannot view the great pictures.

https://plus.google....274469986276241

sorry again today I could not notice anything out of our kickers.

Namaste'

- Robinson did very well.

--- he did slip up and he got sent to the time out box

----I love this time out they are doing. this will really help them know they have to quit Fing up.

---- You could tell today Robinson was upset he was sent to timeout.

Great stuff Mash! Your officially AFMB's "insider" when it comes to providing Falcon news. Also, if you don't mind can you elaborate on this "time out box" you speak of? It sounds like it will bring some much needed discipline to this team.

Guest Fibonacci

Great stuff Mash! Your officially AFMB's "insider" when it comes to providing Falcon news. Also, if you don't mind can you elaborate on this "time out box" you speak of? It sounds like it will bring some much needed discipline to this team.

this has become my favorite area to watch.

it seems to be only for star players and guys who should be starters....only on the Defense.

If Robinson makes a bad route run.....automatically you will hear nolan say something about "time out Robinson". then they go down to the endzone and talk to the secondary coach for the next play they were to be in. The coach will say a sentence or two and then just walk a little away and let them think about what they did.

Example: today Robinson was toasted by White......next thing you see and hear is Nolan saying, "time out".....(sometimes you see our secondary coach speaking up).

So far I have seen this happen to

- Robinson twice

-Decoud

- Grimes

- Sidbury (on other end of the field during ST)

the only time I noticed what someone did, was for Robinson. Today he got blown out; yesterday he knocked down the ball, when he should have intercepted it. (made me realize how strict they are going to be)

(do not think of it literally like a box....it is more just a go to the end-zone and think about what you did.)

since they get to play one every 3 plays....you will see them sit there for a good few minutes until the coach tells them to get back out there.

furthermore.....the starters/stars are being watched like hawks.

I have asked if anyone has ever noticed this, and so far no one else has.

Guest Fibonacci

Great read. hope pearcy wins out

we shall see. he looked better today....but only slightly.

yesterday Rodgers looked better...but only slightly.

If a undrafted WR is selected, it will come down to one of these two.

if Franks is going to be our returner and we take a WR, then it will be pearcy. (I really am going for Rodgers....but so far Pearcy has the edge in camp on WR.......yes, Rodgers made some sweet catches. but he has to with his height. also I have seen Rodgers get covered way to easy with his height.)

The key to this WR battle is the preseason. Rodgers would supposedly have the edge on the field against actual players, and one of Pearcy's biggest knocks is his weight. It will be interesting to see who wins out when they both start seeing the field.

Chad Faulcon

showed signs of trying to be a leadership role....I do not think this is a good idea

Don't we look for guys who are leaders? Was Chad helping or shouting orders? I have high hopes for this guy, please paint me a mental picture of what you saw and why you think it's a bad idea?

Thanks Mash

Guest Fibonacci

Don't we look for guys who are leaders? Was Chad helping or shouting orders? I have high hopes for this guy, please paint me a mental picture of what you saw and why you think it's a bad idea?

Thanks Mash

biggrin.png

not shouting orders or bossing......but it was more so of "hey watch that left side"...."steep in to the middle more"...."watch for the deep ball".

sometimes he made it to where the guys tighten up. but sometimes you could tell that either the other guys sucked, or he messed them up.

now you have to know he is not in until 3rd string right now....so you know third string is not great players.

(right after I wrote this blog, I started to think was it actually good of Faulcon or not.....my final thought says heck yes. if the guy can lay the wood like he did in college here, then I see no way how they could not have him in the 53 man roster.....but I have to really wait until the pads go on.) (I would make a video, but I really hate it when people make videos because I feel to much some trolling taint coach would get it and use it against us.) I will take more note tomorrow for you.

also I will say I did not even notice Chad on day one....I think he started watching Moore honestly. which to me that means he picks up things good, which is wise in my opinion.

Thanks Mash

I'm also curious on your (Mash) opinion on how well Faulcon and Mitchell have been playing and whether (your opinion) you think they deserve a roster spot.

Guest Fibonacci

if anyone wants me to look for a guy tomorrow, get pictures of him, etc. please let me know, I will keep my eye out.

I know some people mentioned Gallarada/faulcon/tatupu after day one, so it made me watch them more today.

biggrin.png

not shouting orders or bossing......but it was more so of "hey watch that left side"...."steep in to the middle more"...."watch for the deep ball".

sometimes he made it to where the guys tighten up. but sometimes you could tell that either the other guys sucked, or he messed them up.

now you have to know he is not in until 3rd string right now....so you know third string is not great players.

(right after I wrote this blog, I started to think was it actually good of Faulcon or not.....my final thought says heck yes. if the guy can lay the wood like he did in college here, then I see no way how they could not have him in the 53 man roster.....but I have to really wait until the pads go on.) (I would make a video, but I really hate it when people make videos because I feel to much some trolling taint coach would get it and use it against us.) I will take more note tomorrow for you.

also I will say I did not even notice Chad on day one....I think he started watching Moore honestly. which to me that means he picks up things good, which is wise in my opinion.

Thanks Mash, that's great insight and great to hear. I'm in with you, if his speed, vision and aggression can translate he could be a shocker. Wish I could be there.

Guest Fibonacci

I'm also curious on your (Mash) opinion on how well Faulcon and Mitchell have been playing and whether (your opinion) you think they deserve a roster spot.

ahhhh man why did you have to say mitchell.....ok let me first say this.

I think Faulcon is doing great for being undrafted. I decided I like his leadership and I think it is cause he looks up to moore; which is a wise thing to do in my opinion.

- when the pads come on and Faulcon lay they wood, then I say the guy should have a fair chance at the roster.

as for schillinger with him being a ST player, then that will hurt Faulcon chances of getting on the roster.

I really wish I would have paid attention to Faulcon on day one on ST....I am kicking myself now.

ok now onto mitchell......no leadership, no talking, very quiet and seems like he needs to learn a lot.

- it is not that he stinks in his position, it is just that he sticks in his spot and doesn't trully move around like he should.

- maybe he will step up, but as of mini camps, he stinks and was a waist.

(note to all people who want to say this is just mini camps and etc....I know I know. but all I can go off of is what I have seen so far....with that being said I do fear what mitchell will do when pads come on.)

Did you see any of Jarell Harris or Aron White today?

Did any of the UDFA WRs look good outside of Rodgers and Pearcy?

Have been at all impressed with any of the LBs outside of the main 5 (Tatapu, Dent, Nicholas, Spoon, Adkins)?

I saw one pick on Robbie Frey srewing up. Can you elaborate on it, and has he impressed at all?

Have you seen anything of the low string DTs like Regis or Robertson?

Finally, a lot of people here were hyping up Nzegwu, did you see him at all?

Again, sorry for all the questions, and thanks for the info. Wish I could be there!

Guest Fibonacci

Thanks Mash, that's great insight and great to hear. I'm in with you, if his speed, vision and aggression can translate he could be a shocker. Wish I could be there.

you are in spirit. biggrin.png

just tell your job they need to pay you to go see the falcons and that you can get them possibly more business. LOL