Training Camp Favor?

1989Fan

I know this is a lot to ask, but is there any way someone could do me a huge favor, well my 10 year old son actually.

He is a HUGE Julio Jones fan. Long story short on him loving Jones and his style of play. He was a very good RB for our midgets football team for 2 years, and last year was moved to WR. He was pretty upset about it, and even thought he wanted sit out the year over it.

Regarless, I as a dad dont play that ish, so I sprung into action. Got some game clips of the Falcons new WR Julio Jones out for him to watch, and to try and get him excited about (even blocking film). He fell in love with the WR spot over watching Jones' speed and agility, and mauling blocking.

He went on to have a great year, catching, running reverses and even blocking DB's to the point that kids cried about it and didint want to line up across from him. He now looks to Julio as his football 'idol' to model his game after.

It would totally mak his day to get a mini helmet or ball or something signed from him. I will gladly send any money for the item and shipping (prior to you mailing it) for anyone to help me put a huge smile on his face!

(If a Ryan auto can be added too that would be a plus, but it is much more about his main man Julio)

PM or email me at bwentzel79@gmail.com if you are generous enough to help a guy up in PA!

I know this is a lot to ask, but is there any way someone could do me a huge favor, well my 10 year old son actually.

He is a HUGE Julio Jones fan. Long story short on him loving Jones and his style of play. He was a very good RB for our midgets football team for 2 years, and last year was moved to WR. He was pretty upset about it, and even thought he wanted sit out the year over it.

Regarless, I as a dad dont play that ish, so I sprung into action. Got some game clips of the Falcons new WR Julio Jones out for him to watch, and to try and get him excited about (even blocking film). He fell in love with the WR spot over watching Jones' speed and agility, and mauling blocking.

He went on to have a great year, catching, running reverses and even blocking DB's to the point that kids cried about it and didint want to line up across from him. He now looks to Julio as his football 'idol' to model his game after.

It would totally mak his day to get a mini helmet or ball or something signed from him. I will gladly send any money for the item and shipping (prior to you mailing it) for anyone to help me put a huge smile on his face!

(If a Ryan auto can be added too that would be a plus, but it is much more about his main man Julio)

PM or email me at bwentzel79@gmail.com if you are generous enough to help a guy up in PA!

Your kid sounds like a "Hines Ward" type ! not bad... Not bad at all ! Coaches love that **** !

thanks for the kind words guys. I really appreciate it and big props to Fibonacci for steping up and helping me out!

I owe you one man!

I agree, being a Dad is a challenge, but one with great reward. Seeing the hard work your child puts in turn to success even in something as simple as youth sports is a great thing. And I know it is setting him up to be a hard worker in his future endeavors.

Guest Fibonacci

thanks for the kind words guys. I really appreciate it and big props to Fibonacci for steping up and helping me out!

I owe you one man!

I agree, being a Dad is a challenge, but one with great reward. Seeing the hard work your child puts in turn to success even in something as simple as youth sports is a great thing. And I know it is setting him up to be a hard worker in his future endeavors.

I would do it for any of you guys. I got you Ryan and McClure.....but once training camp comes I will get you all the guys. (but I have never gotten Gonzalez, so don't hold me to it.)

If you want to help me back, then he could break the guys foot who stepped on mine.

the guy jumped in front of me, stepped on my foot (I had on flip flops) and then twisted right under my index toe....I thought I was all good until I got home and started making my blog on "day 3".... and I noticed it was purple and my nail is semi jacked....and yea it hurts a little. biggrin.png (I really do not think it is broke....I'll see more so how it does in a few days....but I could not believe that guy.....but Matt did not sign his football....so that makes me smile.....maybe matt noticed that I said watch it Bo-Bo)

• 1 month later...
Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

What a nice thing to do Fibonacci. That is going to make a 10 year old kids summer. Kudos to you and 1989 fan I hope your son enjoys it. My son is 25 now but I remember seeing that elated face when we sent him to space camp one summer.

I just wish I could have gotten Julio and White on there.

Just out of curiosity, are you from Georgia originally? If not, what made you become a Falcon fan? What do people think of football over there?

Nope, Half English Half Irish as it happens, with a stint in Germany.

Played rugby for 11 years, so always loved contact sport. Started seeing late night re-runs of Football games and then I was hooked.

Played some OLB and QB at university.

Why the falcons? Loved the way they played, liked the look and feel of the team, and was a big fan of Patrick Kerney.

As for what we think of football?

If i'm honest, most people don't quite understand it, and complain it takes too long.

however, there are a growing number of fans who really understand the game, and I have good friends who I talk ball with.

It's actually quite fun talking to the American clients I work with, because when I say I like football, the looks on their faces are "oh yea, heard that before, I like Peyton Manning yada yada", and then I tell them what school their 3rd round draft pick came from... Then it is a lot more along the lines of huh.png

Nope, Half English Half Irish as it happens, with a stint in Germany.

Played rugby for 11 years, so always loved contact sport. Started seeing late night re-runs of Football games and then I was hooked.

Played some OLB and QB at university.

Why the falcons? Loved the way they played, like the look and feel of the team, and was a big fan of Patrick Kerney

Kerney was great, no doubt. Are there more UK citizens or Americans in Wembley when we have games over there? Just curious as to how other countries feel about the game. I always watched NFL Europe games but could never get a good feel for how many people were actually in the seats.

ETA, nevermind, just saw your response above. Thanks!

Edited by NOVAFalconFan

Kerney was great, no doubt. Are there more UK citizens or Americans in Wembley when we have games over there? Just curious as to how other countries feel about the game. I always watched NFL Europe games but could never get a good feel for how many people were actually in the seats.

ETA, nevermind, just saw your response above. Thanks!

When we go to the Wembley games i'd say it's 90% Brits.

It's our one chance a year to go see live ball!!!

Atmosphere is extremely dependant on scoring. Can get flat when it's a low scorer, because it never has a "home" team