Espn Projects Nfcs For 2012

SaintRay

CLAYTON'S FORECAST

11-5

ATLANTA FALCONS: Clayton has the Falcons going 11-5. He also has them as the only NFC South team going to the playoffs. I think the first part is right, but I’m not so sure on the second (more on that later). The Falcons went 10-6 last season, and it was a somewhat disappointing 10-6 because the team went 13-3 in 2010 and thought it had made upgrades. This time around, the Falcons didn’t make any big trades to jump up high in the draft and they didn’t sign any big-name free agents. That’s because the coaching staff and front office believe the roster is very talented and that changing both coordinators and the offensive and defensive schemes was the best way to improve this team.

More or less? I think 11 wins sounds just about right. If Clayton is wrong, it may be because the Falcons win 10 games.

CLAYTON'S FORECAST

9-7

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS: Clayton has the Saints going 9-7 and not making the playoffs. I’m assuming Clayton believes all the offseason turmoil will take a toll on the Saints, and I understand that thinking. But I think the Saints are still a team that can win 10 games and go to the playoffs. Yes, it will be difficult without coach Sean Payton. But the Saints upgraded at linebacker with Curtis Lofton and David Hawthorne, and coordinator Steve Spagnuolo should make the defense better. We all know that Drew Brees and the offense are going to be very good. The Saints also are adopting an us-against-the-world mentality, and I think that will motivate them nicely.

More or less? Clayton could end up being right because the team certainly faces some challenges. But I think there’s enough veteran leadership and motivation in place that this team won’t tumble too much.

CLAYTON'S FORECAST

8-8

CAROLINA PANTHERS: Clayton has them going 8-8. I think he’s being a little conservative. If things break right and the Saints do stumble or the Falcons get caught up in all the pressure they’re facing, I could see Carolina winning as many as 10 or 11 games. The Panthers already have the kind of offense that can score points with just about anybody, and the offense should only be better in Cam Newton’s second season. The defense remains the big question mark. But linebacker Jon Beason and defensive tackle Ron Edwards are back from injuries, and the Panthers drafted linebacker Luke Kuechly with its first-round pick. That’s going to help a lot.

More or less? If the Panthers can just put a middle-of-the-pack defense on the field, they should be better than a .500 team.

CLAYTON'S FORECAST

6-10

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS: Clayton has the Bucs going 6-10. That would be a two-win improvement over last season, which ended with 10 consecutive losses. But I think the Bucs have their eye on something better than 6-10, and I think this team is capable of more. The cupboard isn’t bare here. The Bucs have stockpiled some nice young talent in recent drafts. Those players haven’t completely proven themselves yet. But I think players such as quarterback Josh Freeman, defensive tackle Gerald McCoy and defensive end Adrian Clayborn can prosper under the guidance of new coach Greg Schiano. The Bucs also gave themselves an infusion of veteran talent by signing receiver Vincent Jackson, guard Carl Nicks and cornerback Eric Wright. That should bring veteran leadership that was lacking.

More or less? I think the Bucs have a chance to finish closer to 8-8.

Edited by SaintRay

I think it's pretty much spot on.......if you go by everything that has gone down since the end of last season, but when does it ever pan out the way it looks? Hardly EVER! If the BUCS can win 2 of their first 4 games, I can see us easily finishing 8-8 or better and being a real spoiler for whoever is positioned for the NFCS Title. All Clayton did was predict it the same as 98% of the scribes out there will predict it. But I seriously doubt that's how it'll turn out. Way too many wild cards to play in this division.

1. Cam Newton

2. Carolina w/ an improved defense.

3. Freeman bounces back with the addition of Nicks & Jackson.

4. Schiano has the BUCS defense vastly improved.

5. Brees and his contract situation.

6. How will the Saints respond to their offseason upheaval.

7. How will the Falcons handle all the pressure on them.

8. How will the Falcons O line perform.

9. Does Turner have enough gas left.

And that's just a few of the questions within our division.

Edited by jb.069

looks about right i guess, I think Bucs and Panthers could be reversed

I know Cam is everyones darling

I just dont think they are that good...

Cam will surprise no1 this yr

I have a feeling you may be right. I know every Panther fan hopes that's not the case, but you know every team out there will be gearing their defense to stop him, similar to what happened to Mike Vick. Defenses with quick linebackers are probably going to give the Panthers problems. If he does have a repeat of last season though.......WATCH OUT in the Future!

you may see a few more ppl picking Falcons

They Lit it up Pretty good in their first real Practice

I will tell ya now

If Jones Stays Healthy

He will be the breakout 2nd yr guy in South

if you havent seen the footage its all over AF.com

The Dude looks like The Best Player on the Field

and thats really saying something with the Players Falcons Have

The Line seems to be holding up vs some exotic looks and Blitzes .... that for sure has to be my biggest question about this team, They do just ok , Falcons will be very good, they do good, Falcons should be Great....

and Nolan says he likes what he sees outa the D

Lofa looks Solid in The Middle

Man if he can return to form

we have an Upgrade at that spot for alot less money

of course if he does indeed play well, you can rip that contract up by Nov lol

This D may be very very good with the Pieces they have... not many teams have 3 starting Corners, Eagles did last yr, but they didnt have Nolan Calling that D lol

I am very happy about the way we look at this point, cant wait to see it on the Field against someone else in Aug.

you may see a few more ppl picking Falcons

They Lit it up Pretty good in their first real Practice

I will tell ya now

If Jones Stays Healthy

He will be the breakout 2nd yr guy in South

if you havent seen the footage its all over AF.com

The Dude looks like The Best Player on the Field

and thats really saying something with the Players Falcons Have

The Line seems to be holding up vs some exotic looks and Blitzes .... that for sure has to be my biggest question about this team, They do just ok , Falcons will be very good, they do good, Falcons should be Great....

and Nolan says he likes what he sees outa the D

Lofa looks Solid in The Middle

Man if he can return to form

we have an Upgrade at that spot for alot less money

of course if he does indeed play well, you can rip that contract up by Nov lol

This D may be very very good with the Pieces they have... not many teams have 3 starting Corners, Eagles did last yr, but they didnt have Nolan Calling that D lol

I am very happy about the way we look at this point, cant wait to see it on the Field against someone else in Aug.

Do you know that the DBs can do anything? They cant even get in the way of Wrs.

the lineman cant really touch each other. Its OTAs bro, read the rules before you go all ELITE on your defense and lineman WHO CANT TOUCH each other

Loafa bread isnt an upgrade, Nicholas may not even be able to stay on the field and your Dline cant get to the QB. Thats some great ELITE **** right there! HAHAHAHAHA

Edited by SuperSK

We must be feared the most for all the Taint trolls manipulating the majority of our threads. If we weren't feared and respected, our forum would be just like the Bucs and Panthers - completely void of any Taints. JMHO.

Heard a good one at the bar last night. "What do you get with the girlfriends of 12 Saints fans? " -

Almost a whole set of teeth.

Edited by big_D

We must be feared the most for all the Taint trolls manipulating the majority of our threads. If we weren't feared and respected, our forum would be just like the Bucs and Panthers - completely void of any Taints. JMHO.

Heard a good one at the bar last night. "What do you get with the girlfriends of 12 Saints fans? " -

Feared? Does 10-2 ring a bell? Yeah, they're quaking in their boots lolololololololol!

No disrespect real Falcon fans.

this coming from a dude who couldn't get laid if he had a $100 bill hanging out his zipper

Do you know that the DBs can do anything? They cant even get in the way of Wrs.

the lineman cant really touch each other. Its OTAs bro, read the rules before you go all ELITE on your defense and lineman WHO CANT TOUCH each other

Loafa bread isnt an upgrade, Nicholas may not even be able to stay on the field and your Dline cant get to the QB. Thats some great ELITE **** right there! HAHAHAHAHA

no way

I thought they were out there lighting each other up rolleyes.gif

I KNOW WHAT OTAs ARE dude

Just Nice to see some Footballs being tossed around By Pros on time ya know lol

and you dont have a clue if Lofa is an upgrade or not, or Dent for that matter, Lofton was a Great Run Stopper , his coverage lacked alot to be desired , so a guy that is just good vs the run and good in coverage , is an Upgrade over a guy who is just Great vs the run I would think ....

Scheme I think will be in Play here, thats why Lofton is not here and his replacement was before we let him walk....

you will also see more 3-4 looks than what you may expect, should be fun to watch, esp after the shell we are use to seeing under BVG

we wont be offering bounties or anything , but we should be alot more aggressive lol

We have a new OC and DC and we hardly addressed the lines. Did i mention Sam Baker may still start! Abe is still our best pass rush even though Kroy may help him out.

But against teams like the Giants we will get slaughter because our lines cant hold up on either side. Tough schedule and its weird away, home, away, home all season long.

The Saints if they can survive until Vitt gets back are still the team to beat. If they start slow, they may be a huge spoiler team and the falcons get them 2 weeks apart right after Vitt returns.

I still think injuries decides the South. The team thats the healthiest will win it. 1 injury to our oline and we will be struggling again because we lack solid depth.

looks about right i guess, I think Bucs and Panthers could be reversed

I know Cam is everyones darling

I just dont think they are that good...

Cam will surprise no1 this yr

Is this the rally cry. Let's stop Cam and forget about the 3 rb, Smith, and Olson. Yeah that's a smart plan.

Is this the rally cry. Let's stop Cam and forget about the 3 rb, Smith, and Olson. Yeah that's a smart plan.

well for us its pretty a pretty easy Plan I would think

adding AS giving us 3 starting corners, man up on your WRs Bring BOTH Safeties up , and get after everything behind the LOS

thats gonna be our plan most weeks i would think, but esp vs Panthers lol

well for us its pretty a pretty easy Plan I would think

adding AS giving us 3 starting corners, man up on your WRs Bring BOTH Safeties up , and get after everything behind the LOS

thats gonna be our plan most weeks i would think, but esp vs Panthers lol

Please Man up 1-1 with Smith I hope Nolan does this.

Please Man up 1-1 with Smith I hope Nolan does this.

he will

and either grimes or AS will be up to the task...

S Smith is not the Player he was,

These guys are going man up every day in Practice vs White and Jones

The only WR they could not handle man up in this Div besides our own guys , is maybe VJ... but they will test him man up to I am sure lol