Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Ron Jaworski's Top 30 Qbs

605 posts in this topic

Just heard Jaws say that Andy Dalton has arm strength limitations.

He also said QB is most responsible for run after the catch yards.

Marcellus Wiley just said he was with the Chargers in 2001, when they drafted Drew Brees, and Brees had arm strength limitations.

I haven't even read this thread. After I read the title, the first thing I thought was that Jaws probably has himself listed in there somewhere. The man is a legend in his own mind.......happy.png

Yep, these are my thoughts as well.

And Matt Ryan had that in 2008. How can one forget him going airborne trying to get a touchdown against the Vikings? Matt needs to get back to playing like he did in 2008.

I think if there was the singular moment that caused Mularkey to pull in the reigns, that was the play. Remember in the 09 offseason where Mularkey talked about cutting the playbook? He tried to coach all of the improvisation out of Matt's game. That was where my distrust of Mularkey started.

Falconsfan567 likes this

So leT me get this straight. Because he repeated the statement again, voids the fact that the onus is put on the oline? Youre better than that gritz. Youre slipping to paulitrick and juliofoolio levels of desperation with that one my dude. Step yo game up pops.

You would know desperation. What are you at, like 30-40 screen names now? Desperation for attention. Sad. Good to see you putting that $7.25 an hour to good use. Isn't there an online GED course or something you could be spending time on?

Oh no Wiley said Drew Brees had arm strength limitations. No let some of these geniuses tell it Brees has a strong arm lol. Can't believe people actually believes he has a strong arm

Falconsfan567 likes this

Oh no Wiley said Drew Brees had arm strength limitations. No let some of these geniuses tell it Brees has a strong arm lol. Can't believe people actually believes he has a strong arm

Yep.

Would a coach really cut down the playbook if he thought his team or QB could handle it?

Even worse do you think the HC (who has survived the coaching staff purge) thought HIS teams offense was being held back by his subordinate didn't do anything about it?

How about TD's role in letting MM hold this team back?

And to top it of Artie didn't do anything about it for 3 years? Talk about being asleep at the switch.

If you honestly thought that was what was happening why didn't you lose faith in the organization as a whole.

It's just a lame excuse for someone who can't come to terms with the shortcomings of the QB of his favorite team.

Ice isn't who you have been telling us he is.

Spot on. Ryanettes have reached tin foil hat conspiracy levels with the dude its ridiculous.

I believe smitty being conservative has a lot to do with how pathetic the offense played at times. MM didn't earn the nickname inspector gadget for no reason

And Matt Ryan had that in 2008. How can one forget him going airborne trying to get a touchdown against the Vikings? Matt needs to get back to playing like he did in 2008.

Matt Ryan was trying to do anything to prove that he belong on the field in 2008. That's cool for a rookie. I agree that he should take more risk, he has to look at job security. For one, it has to start somewhere, and I think we are headed into the right direction. As far as me talking about your opinion. I am just saying that the lie about 2008 being Ryan's best season can stop. You may have liked him more then, but last season was the best. Talk about the playoff game if you like, but we still had a more experienced defense that season.

I believe smitty being conservative has a lot to do with how pathetic the offense played at times. MM didn't earn the nickname inspector gadget for no reason

Lol not saying Smith isn't conservative, but MM definitely is in concepts and play calling. Doing some gadget plays here and there don't make you a genius. Hopefully we are not a team again just trying to put 17 points on the board run the clock out and play good D. Those days are over if you want to win championships. Defense doesn't win championships anymore they just put your offense and QB into position to win it now. That's Sapp and others say.

Smitty is the reason we tried to run the ball out. He plays not to lose. That's just him. MM can't take all the blame. Smitty isn't an aggressive coach. If we have the same type predictable play calling ppl will blame Koetter

FalconinPA likes this

Matt Ryan was trying to do anything to prove that he belong on the field in 2008. That's cool for a rookie. I agree that he should take more risk, he has to look at job security. For one, it has to start somewhere, and I think we are headed into the right direction. As far as me talking about your opinion. I am just saying that the lie about 2008 being Ryan's best season can stop. You may have liked him more then, but last season was the best. Talk about the playoff game if you like, but we still had a more experienced defense that season.

What stat are you going off of that is telling you last season was his best because I'm not going off the stats. I'm going off by how he looked. The fact that he actually took more chances throwing the ball down the field. That he completed more passes down the field. That he didn't have happy feet in the pocket. That he moved around inside the pocket and still made plays down the field. The fact that he moved outside the pocket and made plays down the field but also made plays with his feet. That he had a fearless attitude that showed up in his level of play that hasn't always been evident since. All stuff that doesn't show up in the stats. Sure you can look at the stats and say he had more yards and more touchdowns and a higher passer rating than he did any other year and say it was his best but I fully disagree.

Dang, I just saw this thread.

Top 30 QBs in the NFL. . . . I mean, really?!?!

Tim Tebow passed for 300 yards and had a game winning drive in a playoff game

His mechanics and understanding of QB position are heavily flawed but he is a winner

He passed for over 300 yards in a playoff game and a pocket QB with solid foundation as a QB in Ryan has yet to pass for over 200 yards in any playoff game in 3 attempts

makes you think

Yes Tebow passed over 300 yards in OT win against Pittsburgh. The 10 yard dump off and 70 yard RAC by Demirus Thomas got Tebow over that 300 yard hump.

Yes Tebow passed over 300 yards in OT win against Pittsburgh. The 10 yard dump off and 70 yard RAC by Demirus Thomas got Tebow over that 300 yard hump.

Kinda like the giants soft prevent defense let ryan get over the 198 yard hump?

Smitty is the reason we tried to run the ball out. He plays not to lose. That's just him. MM can't take all the blame. Smitty isn't an aggressive coach. If we have the same type predictable play calling ppl will blame Koetter

Spot on.

Kinda like the giants soft prevent defense let ryan get over the 198 yard hump?

What's it like to both go to bed and rise up in the morning thinking about the guy?

laugh.png

Tuggle'2 likes this

Would a coach really cut down the playbook if he thought his team or QB could handle it?

Even worse do you think the HC (who has survived the coaching staff purge) thought HIS teams offense was being held back by his subordinate didn't do anything about it?

How about TD's role in letting MM hold this team back?

And to top it of Artie didn't do anything about it for 3 years? Talk about being asleep at the switch.

If you honestly thought that was what was happening why didn't you lose faith in the organization as a whole.

It's just a lame excuse for someone who can't come to terms with the shortcomings of the QB of his favorite team.

Ice isn't who you have been telling us he is.

+1 Hate to agree with a rival

When it comes to BVG/MM nobody has an answer for this:

Might have all to do with MR, but I believe MS/TD deserved as much heat as BVG/MM.