Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Ron Jaworski's Top 30 Qbs

605 posts in this topic

Mayock loves Ryan. I have already stated in this thread I'm not a Ryan fan. I have also said Mayock knows football and is a great talent evaluator. So if I said that obvious I could careless of me and Mayock disagree on Ryan. You said you prefer his peers opinions. Why do you prefer them cause they agree with your opinions? Mayock likes Gabbert and thinks he will be good and didn't like Cam. I thought Cam would be great. See, I can value other's opinions even if they differ from mines

Wait was that to me or no more excuses?

All I was stating is that everyone has their opinions and they are not always right.

Not for you Atl. Was for more excuses. Mayock is a former defensive back. So he is a former player just like Rodney. So if you value players opinions higher than anyone else's than you should value Mayock's. Steve Young also thinks Ryan will be an elite QB. I disagree with that. But you should value his opinion since he is a former player

To me elways greatness is his leadership and elevating the play of those around him and his guts/determination. His stats were never elite but he got it done with nobodies.

I don't consider Rod Smith(probable HOF inductee) Shannon Sharpe(HOF), Terrell Davis, nor Ed McCaffrey nobodies...Just sayin

Not for you Atl. Was for more excuses. Mayock is a former defensive back. So he is a former player just like Rodney. So if you value players opinions higher than anyone else's than you should value Mayock's. Steve Young also thinks Ryan will be an elite QB. I disagree with that. But you should value his opinion since he is a former player

Why shouLd i value mayocks more than harrison? Again, mayock is biased and harrison was just stating his opinion. What qualifies mayocks opinion over harrisons?

I don't consider Rod Smith(probable HOF inductee) Shannon Sharpe(HOF) nor Ed McCaffery nobodies...Just sayin

You know why theyre somebodies? Big part on elway. Rod smith wasnt even drafted dude.

I don't consider Rod Smith(probable HOF inductee) Shannon Sharpe(HOF) nor Ed McCaffery nobodies...Just sayin

Shannon sharpe was the only exceptional talent that elway ever played with. Everybody else benefitted greatly from Elway. Terrell Davis was even just one of about 10 guys that produced in a great running scheme put in place by Shanahan.

I didn't say value it over his. So Mayock is bias cause he disagrees with your opinion. But Rodney agrees with it so you values his. Just be man enough to say you don't value Mayock's opinion cause it disagrees with yours. You said you value players opinion. Well you didn't know Mayock is a former player. Can't use that angle huh? Lol I'm done here. Just keep up with your ignorant comments man

Shannon sharpe was the only exceptional talent that elway ever played with. Everybody else benefitted greatly from Elway. Terrell Davis was even just one of about 10 guys that produced in a great running scheme put in place by Shanahan.

I dont think many of these dudes saw elway play. One of the biggest pluses hes kNown for is elevating the play of his team.

You know why theyre somebodies? Big part on elway. Rod smith wasnt even drafted dude.

I know that, and I somewhat agree, but calling them nobodies isn't correct.

I didn't say value it over his. So Mayock is bias cause he disagrees with your opinion. But Rodney agrees with it so you values his. Just be man enough to say you don't value Mayock's opinion cause it disagrees with yours. You said you value players opinion. Well you didn't know Mayock is a former player. Can't use that angle huh? Lol I'm done here. Just keep up with your ignorant comments man

You keep saying i think mayock is biased because i disagree with him. No. Mayock is biased BECAUSE HE ADMITS IT. Stop with the spin already. Hes a huge ryan fan so id like to think hes a little less objective buT if you caNt comprehend that im sorry folk.

Well you do and your posts proves exactly that

What they were talking about and still talking about is Rodgers. Bubba posted his list of players that are top 10 all time and the debate switched to who was better between Elway and Marino. So yea you brought him up for no reason.

For what its worth I don't have anything against you. Your polite and don't really attack anybody personally but I don't want you going down the same route as Paulitik.

Did you read the thread? If you read the thread you would have since that the quote from Bubba about him not knowing of any QBs in the NFL with a weaker arm than Ryan was made earlier in the thread. I just referenced back to it to show him where he said that in response to him saying that everything he says is backed up by NFL players. I was pointing out that he said something that no NFL has dared said.

Hes a huge ryan fan so id like to think hes a little less objective

Think what you want. The evidence says otherwise:

From a February AJC Ledbetter blog:

MAYOCK: Matt Ryan needs to step it up

5:00 am February 16, 2012, by D. Orlando Ledbetter

NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock has been a big supporter of Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan.

When asked about the top quarterbacks taken in the last four drafts and Andrew Luck, the projected top QB selection for 2012 draft, Mayock had some interesting things to say about Ryan, who’s posted at 43-19 regular-season record to go with an 0-3 playoff mark.

The comparison group includes Ryan (No. 3 overall in 2008), Matthew Stafford(No. 1 overall in 2009), Sam Bradford(No. 1 overall in 2010), Cam Newton (No. 1 overall in 2011) and Luck.

“Matt Ryan needs to take the next step,” Mayock said. “To do that, he needs some offensive line help. Matt Ryan is kind of at point now where he needs to make that next step and win some playoff games and become that next-level quarterback.”

Falconsfan567 likes this

Well well well. Thank you Gritz for providing that. Mayock always tell it like it is.

Kinda ruins the "no objectivity" argument doesn't it?

Not when mayock puts the onus on the oline for ryan to step up. That part was convEniently left unbolded.

....and then reiterates after that offensive line comment again that, in Mayock's words, "Matt Ryan is kind of at point now where he needs to make that next step and win some playoff games and become that next-level quarterback.”

....a part you conveniently ignored.

Tuggle'2 and slamee101 like this

....and then reiterates after that offensive line comment again that, in Mayock's words, "Matt Ryan is kind of at point now where he needs to make that next step and win some playoff games and become that next-level quarterback.”

oh-yeah_koolaid.gif

Falconsfan567 and slamee101 like this

....and then reiterates after that offensive line comment again that, in Mayock's words, "Matt Ryan is kind of at point now where he needs to make that next step and win some playoff games and become that next-level quarterback.

So leT me get this straight. Because he repeated the statement again, voids the fact that the onus is put on the oline? Youre better than that gritz. Youre slipping to paulitrick and juliofoolio levels of desperation with that one my dude. Step yo game up pops.

Both him and basically the entire Falcons organization is being shitted on this off-season. Nobody is respecting him or the Falcons. I kinda like it. It's just like the old days of B.V.

Ryan's best year (in my opinion) was 2008 and it was the year the Falcons came closest to winning a playoff game and Falcons were picked on average to win 1 game that year. Falcons played with a chip on their shoulder that we haven't seen much of since.

I know that this is your opinion man, but this lie has to end.

Gritz, you know how some people around here are. If anyone is taking shots at a player in their display name. Then, they are truly trolling. Matt has what he need. He just need to add some I don't give a **** to his game, and let loose.

I know that this is your opinion man, but this lie has to end.

How can an opinion be a lie? My reasons for why I think it was Ryan's best year? He had the best protection he's had his 4 years in the NFL. The most important reason is Ryan had no happy feet. Every since then he's had games where he's had happy feet and that just can't happen. He made many plays that year moving around inside the pocket and still making plays down the field. He had 55 completions on passes of 20 plus yards in the air that year. That is the highest of his career. He made plays outside the pocket both running and throwing it down the field. You can disagree that you don't think it was his best year, but to call it a lie I just don't understand that part.

Gritz, you know how some people around here are. If anyone is taking shots at a player in their display name. Then, they are truly trolling. Matt has what he need. He just need to add some I don't give a **** to his game, and let loose.

And Matt Ryan had that in 2008. How can one forget him going airborne trying to get a touchdown against the Vikings? Matt needs to get back to playing like he did in 2008.

30. Tim Tebow

29. Blaine Gabbert

28. Christian Ponder

27. Matt Flynn

26. Matt Moore

25. Kevin Kolb

24. Ryan Fitzpatrick

23. Mark Sanchez

22. Matt Cassel

21. Carson Palmer

20. Sam Bradford

19. Andy Dalton