Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Ron Jaworski's Top 30 Qbs

605 posts in this topic

Clayton has said this and Mayock has said Ryan arm is stronger. Don't know about Dungy but I know for a fact those two has said it. So people think Brees has a strong arm now? Wow, even Saints fans will tell you he has average arm strength.

Clayton has said this and Mayock has said Ryan arm is stronger. Don't know about Dungy but I know for a fact those two has said it. So people think Brees has a strong arm now? Wow, even Saints fans will tell you he has average arm strength.

Mayock is a bc ryanette. Clayton? Hes and ryan share physical attributes.

Ryan problem isn't arm strength. His problem is decision making. And not being accurate on deep passes which a lot of experts has said is his problem. Joe Cool didn't have a strong arm. Brees doesn't have a strong arm. Arm strength is overrated

Mayock has also said Ryan has to get better with the deep passes. The man tells it like it is. And he is a great talent evaluator.

Bc homer. Ill take the opinions of his peers.

I haven't even read this thread. After I read the title, the first thing I thought was that Jaws probably has himself listed in there somewhere. The man is a legend in his own mind.......happy.png

FalconinPA likes this

I haven't even read this thread. After I read the title, the first thing I thought was that Jaws probably has himself listed in there somewhere. The man is a legend in his own mind.......happy.png

And in the city of Philadelphia. That guy is a god there.

Yeah he might be a bc homer. But the only reason you don't like his opinions is because he has a different one than you. Can't stand for someone to disagree with you. I personally don't like Ryan. But Mayock has forgotten about more football than anyone on this board knows.

Yeah he might be a bc homer. But the only reason you don't like his opinions is because he has a different one than you. But Mayock has forgotten about more football than anyone on this board knows.

So have ryans peers who respect tebow and cam more than ryan. Rodney harrison also pointed this out during our sunday nighT football appearance. Ryan does not have a strong arm. Barely average is Giving him a lot of credit.

This "one man" stuff is a bit much. Yes he got 2 rings, but not until he had a HOF weapon in Shannon Sharpe and a dominant RB in Terrell Davis.

Exactly my point

He pretty much did it by himself all those years until he got help on Offense. The same thing with Manning and Bob Sanders, and Lebron with Wade n Bosh

They were great and pretty much HOF before they one their championships but all they needed was that one thing to get them a ring.

All this talk about arm strength is silly. Montana didn't have big arm strength and he won many SB's.

I'll take a great leader in a great system with good role players around him, and more than likely you'll see a championship team. Qb's never have and never will win it all on there own.

All this talk about arm strength is silly. Montana didn't have big arm strength and he won many SB's.

I'll take a great leader in a great system with good role players around him, and more than likely you'll see a championship team. Qb's never have and never will win it all on there own.

Montanas supporting cast in todays salary cap era would put a team at around 200 million. those days are over. Same with the jimmy johnson cowboys.

I didn't say he wasn't a top-tier QB. Peyton and Tom are no doubt top 5 of all time and while Aaron has had an incredible first 4 seasons as a starting QB (Probably best ever). He still has only had 4 starting seasons. I don't think he'll fall off and he's certainly accomplished much more than anybody worth comparing him to, but we've seen guys look invincible before and just completely fall apart (See Daunte Culpepper). I'm a huge Rodgers fan and I think eventually he could go down as one of the greatest. He's certainly on the right track, but let him get a few more seasons under his belt before we start putting him down as one of the greatest ever.

The difference is the offense that Culpepper played with. Moss and Carter made him look much better than he really was. The guy basically had HOF WRs at both outside spots. You can't say the same for Rodgers. While Rodgers' WRs are good. They aren't that good.

Rodgers will go down as one of the best ever. The guy just posted the highest QB Rating for a single season ever. That record was previously held by Montana, Young, and Peyton Manning. You don't break that record without being one of the best QBs of all time.

When guys are discussing HOF quarterbacks you have no qualms bringing up Ryan once again.

You continue to prove my point everyday man so keep digging that hole.

It's clear to me that you have a major problem and any chance you get you use it to jump on me. Oh well. Doesn't bother me one bit. If you get joy from doing what you're doing then more power to you.

All you had to do was read the thread and know that I wasn't the first person to bring Matt Ryan into this thread. But since I said something about him you assume that I did because in your words "I put Matt Ryan above the team".

Same can be said for Brees and all QBs thats why I think MR can be a lot better. Rodgers is a great athlete, but how much does his system make him look better? I think Rodgers could fit in a lot of systems though with his skills.

I think the system is built around him. I don't get this whole system talk. Any QB that has put up great stats played in a great system built around them. Are you going to tell me Joe Montana didn't play in a great system? Kurt Warner didn't play in a great system? Drew Brees doesn't play in a great system? If it was easy to produce great QB play from certain systems everybody would be running them. You gotta have the QB to run that system. Aaron Rodgers? A system QB? Please. The guy has the most complete package at the QB position in the NFL. 2nd leading rusher among QBs since he became the starter. One of the strongest arms in the NFL. Arguably the most accurate passer in the NFL. The quickest release since Dan Marino. Why is this guy a system QB?

I definitely think Rodgers would fare better outside of his system than Brady. If you just watch both guys play you will see that Brady routinely can stand completely flat footed and survey the field, while Rodgers is always running for his life. You Falcons fans should know this from the playoff game last year. Rodgers wasn't getting great protection. Multiple times in that game the Falcons had free rushers on blitzes but Rodgers time after time got away and made plays outside the pocket. That is simply a great player outplaying the other team. That's not a system.

I know people will point to the huge day that Matt Flynn had but few people realize that Rodgers had the headset on that day and was calling the plays as well as giving tips to Matt Flynn on what to look out for. In any even, Matt Flynn turned over the ball three times that day and needed all that production to win the game. Aaron Rodgers never trailed a single game after Halftime at home last year. He never need to throw for 6 TDs or 400 yards because he always got his team a huge lead by the start of the 4th quarter. What a lot of people don't realize is that last year Rodgers only threw 502 passes. That means the guy was yanked in a lot of games very early.

And Mike Mayock said his arm is above average. Like I said you don't like Mayock cause he doesn't support your opinion. And that is lame. If Rodney said Ryan had a good enough arm you would yell he is an idiot.

It's clear to me that you have a major problem and any chance you get you use it to jump on me. Oh well. Doesn't bother me one bit. If you get joy from doing what you're doing then more power to you.

All you had to do was read the thread and know that I wasn't the first person to bring Matt Ryan into this thread. But since I said something about him you assume that I did because in your words "I put Matt Ryan above the team".

Well you do and your posts proves exactly that

What they were talking about and still talking about is Rodgers. Bubba posted his list of players that are top 10 all time and the debate switched to who was better between Elway and Marino. So yea you brought him up for no reason.

For what its worth I don't have anything against you. Your polite and don't really attack anybody personally but I don't want you going down the same route as Paulitik.

And Mike Mayock said his arm is above average. Like I said you don't like Mayock cause he doesn't support your opinion. And that is lame. If Rodney said Ryan had a good enough arm you would yell he is an idiot.

It's all opinion man

Mayock also thought that Gabbert was a qb than Cam coming to the draft last year so you can't take everything they say as fact just like with Rodney Harrison.

Who said i dont like mayock? but lets say youre right. If so then logically the only reason you like him Is because he agrees with you. I dont think its a coincidence that mayock is a huge ryan apologist and a bc homer.

Ive never once stated i dont like mayock only that his opinion is biased but im sure hes forgotten more football than a stud defensive back in harrison. So was harrison just trolling? He catches flak for not kissing players ***** and just keeping it real. Hes said so himself. Who is more likely to have formed a biased opiniOn mayock or harrison?

I wish ryan played for the bucs you homers would be destroying the dude.

Some ppl opinions hold more weight. Like Kurt Warner saying arm strength is overrated. Some coaches, who never even was a QB, disagree with him put high value on it. It's all opinions but Warner having a hall of fame worthy career as a QB opinion holds a little more weight

Mayock loves Ryan. I have already stated in this thread I'm not a Ryan fan. I have also said Mayock knows football and is a great talent evaluator. So if I said that obvious I could careless of me and Mayock disagree on Ryan. You said you prefer his peers opinions. Why do you prefer them cause they agree with your opinions? Mayock likes Gabbert and thinks he will be good and didn't like Cam. I thought Cam would be great. See, I can value other's opinions even if they differ from mines

Mayock loves Ryan. I have already stated in this thread I'm not a Ryan fan. I have also said Mayock knows football and is a great talent evaluator. So if I said that obvious I could careless of me and Mayock disagree on Ryan. You said you prefer his peers opinions. Why do you prefer them cause they agree with your opinions? Mayock likes Gabbert and thinks he will be good and didn't like Cam. I thought Cam would be great. See, I can value other's opinions even if they differ from mines

Who said i dont value his opinions? I didnt make a blanket statement about his opinions just that of ryan.

I put more stock into the opinion of players than an analyst with ties to ryan. im sorry you dont see the difference.