Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Ron Jaworski's Top 30 Qbs

605 posts in this topic

Mannings always been a choke artist to me. His greatness to me comes from his command of the offense and his total control of games at times and turning jacob tammes and austin collies into household names. His downfall is not doing it when it mattered. Kind of Jim Kellyish to me but better and I like peyton hes one of the greatest, i just dont think he belongs in talks of the greatest when he was putting up 12-14 win seasons with nothing to show for it in the end. Bobby Cox of the NFL if you will.

I know what you mean about manning. I live in TN so I've heard the "Peyton can't win the big one" talk for about 16-17 years now. With Peyton though, I think he never quite had as good of a supporting cast as it seemed (after Faulk left anyways). Polian and co blew first round pick after first round pick on skill guys that either downright sucked or were vastly overrated because of Manning. Anyways, some guys are just better in crunch time than others.

Youre on crack son. Mark Duper and Mark Claytons jock straps are better than anything elway ever had to work with up until the end of his career. Elway DID elevate the play of his receivers and his whole entire team. Did you ever watch elway play? you cant be old enough to be in this convo because no sane person is going to sit here and believe the **** you are spewing lol.

Pot meet kettle.

comparing marino to elway was ******** in the first place considering they had 2 completely different styles.

Pot meet kettle.

my opinions have been validated by nfl players so you can put your dishes back in your kitchen son.

comparing marino to elway was ******** in the first place considering they had 2 completely different styles.

my opinions have been validated by nfl players so you can put your dishes back in your kitchen son.

Find one NFL player that has said Matt Ryan has by far the weakest arm in the NFL? I'm about to head to bed now because I know you can't find that.

where did i say ryan has the weakest arm in the league? if you had to split the league into two categories, strongest/weakest arms, ryan would be among the 16 weakest. easily.

Youre on crack son. Mark Duper and Mark Claytons jock straps are better than anything elway ever had to work with up until the end of his career. Elway DID elevate the play of his receivers and his whole entire team. Did you ever watch elway play? you cant be old enough to be in this convo because no sane person is going to sit here and believe the **** you are spewing lol.

Okay, you can keep the insults to yourself. Or not. It doesn't matter honestly, but they don't really validate your opinions.

He was good. Good enough, but the fact is he was never a prolific passer. He was a gunslinger who made a lot of mistakes, but managed to show up at the right time quite often. I wouldn't put him in the top 5 though and definitely not above Peyton Manning.

I sure do value your opinion sir. Maybe one day you can tell me more stories about players who were playing before I was born, because obviously I can't possibly have the slightest clue of what I'm talking about sir.

You don't. It's quite obvious. The minute you said Marino never had the supporting cast Elway did you put on a big pair of clown shoes and a kick me sign.

where did i say ryan has the weakest arm in the league? if you had to split the league into two categories, strongest/weakest arms, ryan would be among the 16 weakest. easily.

If matt ryan has a "good enough arm" then who doesnt? I cant think of one qb with a noticably weaker arm.

How is that not implying that Matt Ryan has the weakest arm in the NFL?

You don't. It's quite obvious. The minute you said Marino never had the supporting cast Elway did you put on a big pair of clown shoes and a kick me sign.

No, that's just dumb. Nobody is really going to know exactly how good Marino's receivers were, because he was such a good QB and that's what good QB's do. Marino did not have anything past that. Atleast the Broncos didn't have a piss poor running game like Miami and they had a much better defense too.

I didn't read anyones posts in this entire thread, although I just caught a glimpse of an argument of Elway vs Marino vs Favre or something like that.

Elway is the golden boy, prototype QB. He was that when he came out for his draft and Peyton Manning was the best prospect since him. Then Andrew Luck as a prospect.

As far as careers, Elway was still probably the best if you had to pick one. He had all the physical tools, all the smarts, and he could make plays on his own.

Peyton Manning is now considered the best ever, but that's because he's a football genius and controlled his own offense. Can't go wrong with either, but Elway was a better prospect and won more rings.

Favre played longer than anyone, and thus had all the records. In his prime he was a playmaking, if not at times loose cannon with an amazing gift. Tremendous QB, not in the tier as a QB prospect as Elway, Manning, or for that matter Marino.

Dan Marino had all the stats thanks to large part to the offense he played in, but he never won the big game. That will go against him in the record books, but as a QB prospect he had it all. If he won one ring he'd probably be ranked as NFL history #1 with Peyton Manning as #2. Manning only got the nod over Marino because of a recency bias and because he finally won a championship.

It's hard to really pick one guy since they all had amazing pros and very few cons. Yes Peyton Manning can't make plays with his feet, but he can change the play at the line to exploit what the defense thinks it is disguising. No one could do that as well as Peyton.

There's also Joe Montana who people forget about somehow. If not for the Cowboys of the 90s, Steve Young would be in that breath as well. Same goes for Aikman and the 49ers of the 90s. You take one of those teams out of the NFC and the other wins 5 or 6 Super Bowls....meaning 5 or 6 rings for one QB.

If you had to pick one in their prime to play a game for you, Favre is probably last on that list. If you had to pick a guy to build a franchise around for 17 years.....he may be first because of the durability and how he had one of his best years around his 15th season. Consistent, tough, always a playmaker, but always taking a few too many risks in a season. Sometimes it got him a playoff victory, but more recently it got him an NFC Championship defeat.

citsalp likes this

Pot meet kettle.

When guys are discussing HOF quarterbacks you have no qualms bringing up Ryan once again.

You continue to prove my point everyday man so keep digging that hole.

How is that not implying that Matt Ryan has the weakest arm in the NFL?

Oh now its implied? So i didnt say it. Like i said ryan is among the weakest arms in the league. Maybe not the weakest but hes among them. List all these qbs that have noticably weaker arms or cant "make all the throws". There arent really degrees either you have it or you dont. Take the strongest arm in the league and the weakest. Ryans arm strength compares closer to whom?

Oh now its implied? So i didnt say it. Like i said ryan is among the weakest arms in the league. Maybe not the weakest but hes among them. List all these qbs that have noticably weaker arms or cant "make all the throws". There arent really degrees either you have it or you dont. Take the strongest arm in the league and the weakest. Ryans arm strength compares closer to whom?

I had this discussion before with a buddy and we pretty much came up with Colt Mccoy, Fitzpatrick, Ponder, Cassell...I disagreed with Fitzpatrick but it pretty much lands him in the bottom five regardless.

Elway is a all time great but his stats are terribly inefficient

4 seasons of more ints then TDs

56 career comp % Thanks to last couple of seasons where he jumped into 60s

To me elways greatness is his leadership and elevating the play of those around him and his guts/determination. His stats were never elite but he got it done with nobodies.

I have read more than one NFL/ESPN writer stating Ryan has a stronger arm than Brees.

Most you read says Ryan has an average to above average arm, but not elite arm strength.

My problem with Ryan is his trajectory. He puts way to much arch on his throws IMO.

I do believe Ryan arm is stronger than Brees. Just Brees is deadly accurate on the deep passes. Joe Cool didn't have a strong arm. Ryan has above average arm strength

You are crazy. NFL experts has said this. Ohh, but someone on the message board knows more about the players than people that actually knows some players personally. Lol

How old are you 13? Elway never had studs around him yet his team was always scrapping. Dude is the definition of guts. If he and Montana switched supporting casts Montana might have just become a sidebar while Elway would have had 5 or 6 rings.

Please. Great QBs enhance those around them, which Elway didn't do. John's athleticism and durability carried him further than his QB skills.

You are crazy. NFL experts has said this. Ohh, but someone on the message board knows more about the players than people that actually knows some players personally. Lol

Who said this?

Outside of Dungy everyone and there mother have questioned his arm. There's a reason why there are so many articles talking about his arm and him always being questioned about it in interviews.

This is not some messageboard conspiracy.

Please. Great QBs enhance those around them, which Elway didn't do. John's athleticism and durability carried him further than his QB skills.

One man can only do so much