Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Ron Jaworski's Top 30 Qbs

605 posts in this topic

I think Rodgers is far better than Brady as an "Athlete". His athletic instincts are better, he's just better, stronger, & quicker as an athlete.

Brady is great.............superior...............but only with a great O-line in front of him. Give him poor protection, he'll look like anyone else getting run over. He's a product of a Belichick system and team built for Brady's talents and properties. A great QB but I'll take Aaron Rodgers as a pure football player and QB that has to face a BRUTAL head hunting defense every sunday.

+1 Real football talk

Rodgers is a great QB, but he's gonna' have to do more before being cast in the Brady/Manning tier.

If Manning, you must mean Eli and he's(AR) been better than Brady the last 2 years...SB says so.

Hmm what's going on here? You say Matt Ryan sucks because he doesn't have a big arm or good mobility. He has all the other things you talked about. He also has a good enough arm. Remeber like I said Rodgers is in an awsome scheme with loads of talent. Didn't Flynn out perform Rodgers in that scheme for 1 game? Did Matt Cassell have a good year in the Pats scheme for a year?

If matt ryan has a "good enough arm" then who doesnt? I cant think of one qb with a noticably weaker arm.

If matt ryan has a "good enough arm" then who doesnt? I cant think of one qb with a noticably weaker arm.

Lol ok to many to name and it's obvious it's pointless to even tell you.

kschreck likes this

If Manning, you must mean Eli and he's(AR) been better than Brady the last 2 years...SB says so.

No. I meant Peyton Manning. He has been good the past 2 years, but it's not enough to touch Peyton or Tom yet. I think he can eventually be on that level though, he just needs to keep it up.

Rodgers is a great QB, but he's gonna' have to do more before being cast in the Brady/Manning tier.

Aaron has a Super Bowl, like Peyton(I assume you meant Peyton?). Rodgers is also the top rated passer of all time, regular season(by a mile) and playoffs. Add to that the fact he is an elusive runner who doesn't take many big hits while scrambling and I think you have a top tier QB.

Yep. According to Jaws he is the 30th best QB in the NFL but according to the NFL players he's one of the 100 best players in the entire NFL. Go figure.

it's about right if you think about it.

Aaron has a Super Bowl, like Peyton(I assume you meant Peyton?). Rodgers is also the top rated passer of all time, regular season(by a mile) and playoffs. Add to that the fact he is an elusive runner who doesn't take many big hits while scrambling and I think you have a top tier QB.

I didn't say he wasn't a top-tier QB. Peyton and Tom are no doubt top 5 of all time and while Aaron has had an incredible first 4 seasons as a starting QB (Probably best ever). He still has only had 4 starting seasons. I don't think he'll fall off and he's certainly accomplished much more than anybody worth comparing him to, but we've seen guys look invincible before and just completely fall apart (See Daunte Culpepper). I'm a huge Rodgers fan and I think eventually he could go down as one of the greatest. He's certainly on the right track, but let him get a few more seasons under his belt before we start putting him down as one of the greatest ever.

If I had to name the top 10 Greatest QBs I ever watched .. Aaron Rodgers Is already top 10

No Particular order

Montana

Young

Marino

Brady

Peyton

Favre

Moon

Aikman

Rodgers and he will easily pass the last 3 on that list in upcoming years

Too young for Staubach/ Otto / Starr or Baugh

Sub Elway for Aikman then your good to go

30. Tim Tebow

29. Blaine Gabbert

28. Christian Ponder

27. Matt Flynn

26. Matt Moore

25. Kevin Kolb

24. Ryan Fitzpatrick

23. Mark Sanchez

22. Matt Cassel

21. Carson Palmer

20. Sam Bradford

If I had to name the top 10 Greatest QBs I ever watched .. Aaron Rodgers Is already top 10

No Particular order

Montana

Young

Marino

Brady

Peyton

Favre

Moon

Aikman

Rodgers and he will easily pass the last 3 on that list in upcoming years

Too young for Staubach/ Otto / Starr or Baugh

elway gets no respect, but dude carried some **** teams to success.

elway gets no respect, but dude carried some **** teams to success.

Definitely agree on that. I'd put Elway on the list ahead of Favre AND Aikman. No disrespect to those guys but Elway very well could be considered the greatest ever if he ever played with a talented support group.

Definitely agree on that. I'd put Elway on the list ahead of Favre AND Aikman. No disrespect to those guys but Elway very well could be considered the greatest ever if he ever played with a talented support group.

I'd take elway over manning any day. ANY DAY.

FalconinPA likes this

I'd take elway over manning any day. ANY DAY.

That's a tough calm for me. I'm a huge fan of both and I'd take either of those guys in their prime on my team.

I think Elway is a bit overrated. I'd take him over Aikman, but never over Favre.

How old are you 13? Elway never had studs around him yet his team was always scrapping. Dude is the definition of guts. If he and Montana switched supporting casts Montana might have just become a sidebar while Elway would have had 5 or 6 rings.

I think Elway is a bit overrated. I'd take him over Aikman, but never over Favre.

You think Elway is overrated but not Favre? Favre benefited from a lofty number of games played. I know he holds lots of records but included in those is some negative records too. I take Elway over Favre and not even take a breath to think about it.

That's a tough calm for me. I'm a huge fan of both and I'd take either of those guys in their prime on my team.

Mannings always been a choke artist to me. His greatness to me comes from his command of the offense and his total control of games at times and turning jacob tammes and austin collies into household names. His downfall is not doing it when it mattered. Kind of Jim Kellyish to me but better and I like peyton hes one of the greatest, i just dont think he belongs in talks of the greatest when he was putting up 12-14 win seasons with nothing to show for it in the end. Bobby Cox of the NFL if you will.

You think Elway is overrated but not Favre? Favre benefited from a lofty number of games played. I know he holds lots of records but included in those is some negative records too. I take Elway over Favre and not even take a breath to think about it.

Me too and I'm a Favre homer. I think he's one of the greats as well.

How old are you 13? Elway never had studs around him yet his team was always scrapping. Dude is the definition of guts. If he and Montana switched supporting casts Montana might have just become a sidebar while Elway would have had 5 or 6 rings.

That's a dumb argument. Time and time again we have seen QB's elevate the play of their receivers. Dan Marino had a lesser supporting cast than Elway did and yet he managed to have a much better career.

That's a dumb argument. Time and time again we have seen QB's elevate the play of their receivers. Dan Marino had a lesser supporting cast than Elway did and yet he managed to have a much better career.

I'm sure Marino would trade the stats for Elways rings.

Youre on crack son. Mark Duper and Mark Claytons jock straps are better than anything elway ever had to work with up until the end of his career. Elway DID elevate the play of his receivers and his whole entire team. Did you ever watch elway play? you cant be old enough to be in this convo because no sane person is going to sit here and believe the **** you are spewing lol.