Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Ron Jaworski's Top 30 Qbs

605 posts in this topic

that is 100% true

Just like no OC is perfect and makes Great play calls all time

Just like all wrs drop passes from Packers to Falcons

to all olines have trouble in pass protection some games

I'm just will be breaking down Matt Ryan plays .. I'm no fan of any other team but Atlanta Falcons

Actually you have to...well at least for the oline

For example: you can't just time our line to see how long Ryan has in the pocket but not do it for other teams in the league for comparison purposes.

Another good post QB, and I more than agree. I understand football and know enough to not just watch Ryan and form my opinion. However, I am not one here to act like I am the almighty football expert and know it all, because I don't. That being said, these guys saying that Ryan is gonna take it to the next level and gonna get it done are still forming their opinions.

I would add there opinion's are some of the best in the business...

Football Outsiders did a study on time for sacks through week -12

2011 Alex Smith SF 298 30 328 8.38% 2.70 2.9

2011 Ben Roethlisberger PIT 385 32 417 7.13% 2.70 3.1

2011 Matt Cassel KC 269 22 291 7.03% 3.10 3.7

2011 Carson Palmer OAK 136 11 147 6.96% 2.80 2.9

2011 Aaron Rodgers GB 362 27 389 6.49% 2.70 3.0

2011 Jay Cutler CHI 314 23 337 6.39% 2.70 2.7

2011 Mark Sanchez NYJ 373 25 398 5.91% 2.70 2.9

2011 Philip Rivers SD 419 28 447 5.89% 2.85 3.3

2011 Matt Ryan ATL 394 22 416 5.02% 2.55 2.8

2011 Matt Schaub HOU 292 16 308 4.94% 2.85 3.2

2011 Tony Romo DAL 380 20 400 4.76% 2.90 3.2

2011 Joe Flacco BAL 411 21 432 4.64% 2.90 3.1

2011 Eli Manning NYG 402 20 422 4.52% 2.70 2.7

2011 Tom Brady NE 421 20 441 4.34% 2.80 3.2

2011 Josh Freeman TB 411 18 429 4.03% 2.75 3.1

2011 Drew Brees NO 460 19 479 3.82% 2.60 2.7

2011 Ryan Fitzpatrick BUF 369 14 383 3.53% 2.75 3.1

2011 Matt Hasselbeck TEN 371 14 385 3.51% 2.55 2.8

Year Player Team Att Sacks Total Attempts Sack Rate Median Avg Time

That's not too far off the average.

Defenses are too fast and too strong to just have them stonewalled for 3-5 seconds in years past.

Tim Tebow passed for 300 yards and had a game winning drive in a playoff game

His mechanics and understanding of QB position are heavily flawed but he is a winner

He passed for over 300 yards in a playoff game and a pocket QB with solid foundation as a QB in Ryan has yet to pass for over 200 yards in any playoff game in 3 attempts

makes you think

Somehow you seem familiar. Have you been on this board before?

Rodgers is 100%

Rodgers is on his way to possibly being one of the all time greats

No disrespect to Brady but if Rodgers win 1 more MVP and a Super Bowl

Rodgers will pass Brady on all time great list

So you are saying Rodgers is better than Brady and Brees?

Rodgers isn't better than Brady or Brees. Brady is the best QB in the game and I don't even think it's close. Brady can adapt to any offense. He doesn't need one made for him. The man is an artist at the QB position

Rodgers isn't better than Brady or Brees. Brady is the best QB in the game and I don't even think it's close. Brady can adapt to any offense. He doesn't need one made for him. The man is an artist at the QB position

As far as skillset goes hes shittin in brady. All he needs is time to pass him up.

that is 100% true

Just like no OC is perfect and makes Great play calls all time

Just like all wrs drop passes from Packers to Falcons

to all olines have trouble in pass protection some games

I'm just will be breaking down Matt Ryan plays .. I'm no fan of any other team but Atlanta Falcons

Out of curiosity, what are you looking to accomplish by "breaking down" plays?

Rodgers is 100%

Um...no. Rodgers has a lot more to accomplish to even be able to sit at Brady's lunch table.

In Brady's ten seasons as a starter, the Patriots have earned trips to the Super Bowl in half of them (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLII, and XLVI), winning three of them (XXXVI, XXXVIII, and XXXIX). He has also won two Super Bowl MVP awards (XXXVI and XXXVIII), has been selected to seven Pro Bowls (and invited to eight, although he declined the 2006 invitation), and holds the NFL record for most touchdown passes in a single regular season. His career postseason record is 16–5. He also helped set the record for the longest consecutive win streak in NFL history with 21 straight wins over two seasons (2003–04),[1] and in 2007 he led the Patriots to the first undefeated regular season since the institution of the 16-game schedule. Brady has the fourth-highest career passer rating of all time (96.4) among quarterbacks with at least 1,500 career passing attempts.

Brady and Joe Montana are the only two players in NFL history to win the NFL Most Valuable Player (MVP) and Super Bowl MVP awards multiple times (2 NFL MVPs, 2 Super Bowl MVPs). Brady and John Elway are the only two quarterbacks to lead their teams to five Super Bowls. In 2005, he was named Sports Illustrated's Sportsman of the Year, and was named "Sportsman of the Year" by The Sporting News in 2004 and 2007.[2] He was also named the NFL MVP in 2007 and 2010 (becoming the first player to be unanimously chosen as MVP in the 2010 season) as well as 2007 Male Athlete of the Year by the Associated Press, the first time an NFL player has been honored since Joe Montana won in 1990.[3]

Brady holds numerous regular season and postseason records, including: most touchdown passes in a regular season (50); highest touchdown-to-interception ratio in a single season (9:1); highest single-game completion percentage, regular season or postseason (26/28, 92.9%); most consecutive pass attempts without an interception (358); most consecutive regular-season home wins (31);[4] highest winning percentage of any quarterback during his first 100 starts (76 wins); most completions in one Super Bowl (32); longest streak of games with 3 or more touchdown passes (10 games); and most career completions in Super Bowl history (127), most career yards in Super Bowl history (1,275), longest streak of completions in a single Super Bowl (16), most touchdown passes in a quarter (5); most touchdown passes in a half of a playoff game (5), and most touchdown passes in a playoff game (6, tied). Brady is the fourth-fastest player to reach 200 career passing touchdowns (he did so in 116 games), and the first ever to reach this mark before throwing 100 career interceptions (he had 88). He is only the sixth player to reach 300 career passing touchdowns, and his interception total at the time (115) was the lowest of anyone to reach it by a significant margin. He is the only quarterback to lead five different teams to at least 13 wins in a season and four different teams to at least 14 wins in a season. His winning percentage in the regular season (.780) is the best all-time of the Super Bowl era by a significant margin. He is the only quarterback to record two seasons with a passer rating over 110.0 and is the only quarterback to record two straight seasons with a passer rating over 105.0.

Rodgers is better then Brees at this moment . He is not better then Brady

Rodgers has more talent then Brady tho . Brady Is one of greatest QBs to ever play

I feel Rodgers talent will take him past Brady .

Brady 3x Super Bowl Champion 2x MVP

Rodgers 1x Super Bowl Champ 1 x MVP

Brady is 34

Aaron Rodgers is 28

6 year gap to get 2 Super Bowls and another MVP

Sounds like you should be hanging out at the GB board.

What is with fans of other teams coming to this board every day?

Rodgers has more talent then Brady tho . Brady Is one of greatest QBs to ever play

Brady is 34

Aaron Rodgers is 28

hahahahahahahahaha

in before someone says MR didnt make the cut!

I can only hope MR is hearing all this and get pizzed enough to change the way some think. Starting with the long ball.

Brady is 34

Aaron Rodgers is 28

So Rodgers isn't better than Brady? I thought you said Rodgers had more talent. Cause clearly you think a big arm and good mobility makes you the best QB aka Tavaris Jackson, Senica Wallace, Vince Young etc right? They are the best QBs in the league?

Rodgers is 100%

You should've stood by that comment.

Not at this moment but In due time I believe Rodgers will surpass Brady

There is more to it then just having a big arm and mobility . You have to be a accurate passer something Rodgers is probably the best at . It's about intangibles and football IQ

Just cause you have a big arm and mobility doesn't mean you will be great . Look at Vick

he really didn't flourish until he started to hit the film and hard work behind behind being great

Vick also lacks accuracy with his passes

Rodgers is the complete QB that has all the talent and accuracy / mechanics and in due time

when all said in done Rodgers will go down as one of the greatest QBs to ever play

Hmm what's going on here? You say Matt Ryan sucks because he doesn't have a big arm or good mobility. He has all the other things you talked about. He also has a good enough arm. Remeber like I said Rodgers is in an awsome scheme with loads of talent. Didn't Flynn out perform Rodgers in that scheme for 1 game? Did Matt Cassell have a good year in the Pats scheme for a year?

and look how Matt Cassell has performed outside Pats .. Same will happen with Flynn

Same happen with Kolb . Matt Ryan has good football IQ but lacks the physical skill set to take his game to next level .

Your wrong. Does he have elite skill set no, but it's definitely good enough. I agree the other guys were a product of the system. Look at Brees before he joined Peyton and the Aints. So if MR has shown this much in a bad scheme how much better can he be. We could have one it all with this scheme already if we would have had a better D and better O-line play. So if Kotter fixes the game plan right look out.

Not at this moment but In due time I believe Rodgers will surpass Brady

There is more to it then just having a big arm and mobility . You have to be a accurate passer something Rodgers is probably the best at . It's about intangibles and football IQ

Just cause you have a big arm and mobility doesn't mean you will be great . Look at Vick

he really didn't flourish until he started to hit the film and hard work behind behind being great

Vick also lacks accuracy with his passes

Rodgers is the complete QB that has all the talent and accuracy / mechanics and in due time

when all said in done Rodgers will go down as one of the greatest QBs to ever play

I think Rodgers is far better than Brady as an "Athlete". His athletic instincts are better, he's just better, stronger, & quicker as an athlete.

Brady is great.............superior...............but only with a great O-line in front of him. Give him poor protection, he'll look like anyone else getting run over. He's a product of a Belichick system and team built for Brady's talents and properties. A great QB but I'll take Aaron Rodgers as a pure football player and QB that has to face a BRUTAL head hunting defense every sunday.

I think Rodgers is far better than Brady as an "Athlete". His athletic instincts are better, he's just better, stronger, & quicker as an athlete.

Brady is great.............superior...............but only with a great O-line in front of him. Give him poor protection, he'll look like anyone else getting run over. He's a product of a Belichick system and team built for Brady's talents and properties. A great QB but I'll take Aaron Rodgers as a pure football player and QB that has to face a BRUTAL head hunting defense every sunday.

Good post

No that's your opinion and hypothetical we don't know what will happen . What if Mularkey got the best out of Ryan ? that is possible . We might have reached Ryan skill set plateau

He might be put in better game situations by some better play calling but I feel his talent won't improve . Ryan can have better stats but that does not mean his talent improved

Educated guess I say we will still see the same Ryan . Lacks mobility around pocket and solid arm strength to stretch field on a consistent basis

Yeah better play calling etc was my biggest problem with MM. How does he comparing to Peyton/Mcarthy? I agree MR talent wise won't improve much, but he doesn't have to. Your acting like he's Trent Dilfer QB. He's definitely not a game manager. If he was our team wouldn't have had the success the last 4 years. Is Kotter the right guy? I don't know from stuff I read that he's done in the past I think he will do things better than MM. I'm hoping he is a great play caller and has a good game plan putting all of our guys in the best position to make plays. If he's that guy then our team will go further. Again Ryan doesn't have a Cam arm or mobility, but it's good enough. I think it will suprise you if Kotter puts him in good situations and the o-line plays better.

Same can be said for Brees and all QBs thats why I think MR can be a lot better. Rodgers is a great athlete, but how much does his system make him look better? I think Rodgers could fit in a lot of systems though with his skills.

Tim Tebow passed for 300 yards and had a game winning drive in a playoff game

His mechanics and understanding of QB position are heavily flawed but he is a winner

He passed for over 300 yards in a playoff game and a pocket QB with solid foundation as a QB in Ryan has yet to pass for over 200 yards in any playoff game in 3 attempts

makes you think

Yes, I think all the time, "some of these guys who spend their entire time whining about the QB position for the Falcons probably need a hug, and a juice box."

As far as the list...I don't care if Matty makes this list. It will be awesome if he does, but I don't think he, or anyone in the Falcons organization is losing sleep over this list or that that does or does not include him.