Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Ron Jaworski's Top 30 Qbs

605 posts in this topic

This.

Anything above or below would be ludicrous.

I definitely wouldn't be surprised if Ryan is 8. Jaws seems to like him some Matt Ryan. Higher.... That's a stretch but much lower would just be disrespect. I kinda hope he's left off totally to watch some heads explode on here. Lol.

Tebow should be ranked where he is if your just talking about the qb position. As a football player he is better than those that have already been listed and a few more yet to come.

In regards to Ryan he will probably hit between 8-12 so it's not that bad.

#1 pick™ likes this

Tebow is better than Gabbert. Everyone at QB in the NFL throws better than Tebow but Tebow is a much better football player than a lot of QB's.

Tim Tebow passed for 300 yards and had a game winning drive in a playoff game

His mechanics and understanding of QB position are heavily flawed but he is a winner

He passed for over 300 yards in a playoff game and a pocket QB with solid foundation as a QB in Ryan has yet to pass for over 200 yards in any playoff game in 3 attempts

makes you think

The Broncos also built a brand new offense midseason to suit Tebow's strengths. Can't say Matt has had an offense built for him.

The Broncos also built a brand new offense midseason to suit Tebow's strengths. Can't say Matt has had an offense built for him.

I agree with your assertion that ryan is a system qb.

Guess you can't argue facts.. So call people trolls

Willis M had only 61 yards in that game

Denver rushing offense really helped Tebow out that game

Your making it too easy. Learn to troll better or get lost. What ever happened to trolls just being funny? All we ever get is obvious Ain't trolls stirring up ****

This is the Matt Ryan we get in the playoffs ...there he is ... OLINE PICKS UP BLITZ ...Lets just roll out and plant my face into ground

Don't be surprised if you get no response.

In fact,

Expect it.

Both him and basically the entire Falcons organization is being shitted on this off-season. Nobody is respecting him or the Falcons. I kinda like it. It's just like the old days of B.V.

Ryan's best year (in my opinion) was 2008 and it was the year the Falcons came closest to winning a playoff game and Falcons were picked on average to win 1 game that year. Falcons played with a chip on their shoulder that we haven't seen much of since.

Interesting that shitted isn't censored.

This is the Matt Ryan we get in playoffs .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibgs-3hhk40 I Mean ...it was a dumb play call ...DUMB throw to force that pass in ..A top tier QB with elite arm strength might have troubl fitting that in but can you not look like a CLOWN making a tackle and not let ball get returned to house Ryan goes for TACKLE gets cut up and cuts Tony G

Not that it would have mattered.

But that should have been an easy tackle

You are funny. Let's see what happens to Tebow this year. SMH

Will do. I bet good money he scores 6-8 TDs - mostly by the ground but he'll score and put the Jets over the top on some of the type of tight games they had last year.

Everyday on SportsCenter Ron Jaworski is counting down his list of the top 30 QBs in the NFL. Odd considering there are 32 teams. Hmm. Here's the list so far.

30. Tim Tebow

29. Blaine Gabbert

28. Christian Ponder

27. Matt Flynn

26. Matt Moore

25. Kevin Kolb

24. Ryan Fitzpatrick

23. Mark Sanchez

22. Matt Cassel

21. Carson Palmer

The man is stating facts about that game but Tebow is where he should be on Jaws list.

Ryan should came in around 11-13.

Jaworski, as a former NFL QB, is sharper than your average bird--especially our frequenting dimwits that live upon us here--thusly, I predict he'll have Matt Ryan ranked where I believe he ranks, somewhere between 7-10 entering this season with a chance to crack the top 6 entering next season.

wuskillzz likes this

Jaworski, as a former NFL QB, is sharper than your average bird--especially our frequenting dimwits that live upon us here--thusly, I predict he'll have Matt Ryan ranked where I believe he ranks, somewhere between 7-10 entering this season with a chance to crack the top 6 entering next season.

I agree. Is Ryan at the level of Brady, Brees or Rodgers? Not yet, but anybody who actually knows football like Jaws, Kurt Warner etc. can see it. I've heard them all say he's a top ten who can move up. I'll take there opinions over the average fan/ football IQ. You gotta look at it from all angles scheme,talent, defense, O-line, play calling etc to see.

Maybe the offense wasn't built for Ryan as many like to think, but I guarantee you many QB's around the league would be licking their chops to have the weapons that Ryan has. Do you think there may have been a reason after 4 years that the offense wasn't built around Ryan? Just asking

Maybe the offense wasn't built for Ryan as many like to think, but I guarantee you many QB's around the league would be licking their chops to have the weapons that Ryan has. Do you think there may have been a reason after 4 years that the offense wasn't built around Ryan? Just asking

Well for one the scheme wasn't built for Ryan MM always ran an offense like this. You can also say what talent cause MM never really used all the players. Before JJ got here al MM used was Turner up the gut, Roddy on comebacks and Tony G trying his hardest to get separation over the middle. We do have lots of talent, but wasn't used. Greenbays 5 wide with Jennings,Nelson,Diver, Jones or Cobb and Finley. That's talent.

and of course a more talented QB in Rodgers that has elite talent that allows his offense to open up any play call with his arm and mobility

Who's more talented out of Rodgers,Brady and Brees?

I agree. Is Ryan at the level of Brady, Brees or Rodgers? Not yet, but anybody who actually knows football like Jaws, Kurt Warner etc. can see it. I've heard them all say he's a top ten who can move up. I'll take there opinions over the average fan/ football IQ. You gotta look at it from all angles scheme,talent, defense, O-line, play calling etc to see.

Yes those guys were former NFL Quarterbacks and know alot more about the position than we ever would. However, when they are giving us their take on certain players, they just are just guessing and forming their opinions just like the fans are. I know they see things in Ryan that the average fan can't see, but at the end of the day it is just their opinion.

Yes those guys were former NFL Quarterbacks and know alot more about the position than we ever would. However, when they are giving us their take on certain players, they just are just guessing and forming their opinions just like the fans are. I know they see things in Ryan that the average fan can't see, but at the end of the day it is just their opinion.

It is much more than this. While you' may be watching only Ryan, I'm watching his other 10 comrade’s movements on a particular play while simultaneously assessing the validity of the play called under the particular circumstance

A lot of factors such as preparation, coaching, talent, execution and opponent reaction to such go into making a successful play. One of these days I may start a thread using particular plays to illustrate some of the bizarre play calling Matt was handcuffed with.

Matt hasn't been at his best at times either but there's more to the story.

It is much more than this. While you' may be watching only Ryan, I'm watching his other 10 comrade’s movements on a particular play while simultaneously assessing the validity of the play called under the particular circumstance

A lot of factors such as preparation, coaching, talent, execution and opponent reaction to such go into making a successful play. One of these days I may start a thread using particular plays to illustrate some of the bizarre play calling Matt was handcuffed with.

Matt hasn't been at his best at times either but there's more to the story.

Bah, common sense has no place here sir!

I agree 100%, while everyone clamors to be on the 50 yard line at any given football game I'd much rather sit in the endzone and watch how plays develop. There's so much missed when you watch a game on TV and you only follow the ball or you sit and see the play from the sidelines. Or as you said follow a single player. There's a reason coaches rely on the endzone tape to really dig into how a player is performing or why a play ended up with the results it did.

I'm in process of getting hands on the true game film from certain games

going to make a thread where Ryan had great protection and just didn't pull the trigger cause he didn't trust the read..

Also going to break down poor throws on certain passes and how they effect play calling

Remember the Texans game where Ryan missed 2 open wrs

there much more

Matt Ryan isn't the only QB that makes bad throws.

It is much more than this. While you' may be watching only Ryan, I'm watching his other 10 comrade’s movements on a particular play while simultaneously assessing the validity of the play called under the particular circumstance A lot of factors such as preparation, coaching, talent, execution and opponent reaction to such go into making a successful play. One of these days I may start a thread using particular plays to illustrate some of the bizarre play calling Matt was handcuffed with. Matt hasn't been at his best at times either but there's more to the story.

Another good post QB, and I more than agree. I understand football and know enough to not just watch Ryan and form my opinion. However, I am not one here to act like I am the almighty football expert and know it all, because I don't. That being said, these guys saying that Ryan is gonna take it to the next level and gonna get it done are still forming their opinions.