Pat Ys Top 25 Of Nfc South Continued

NFC South top 25: No. 24

June, 19, 2012

JUN 19

11:36

AM ET

By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

RECOMMEND0TWEET9COMMENTS92EMAILPRINT

We continue our series of my projected top 25 players in the NFC South for the 2012 season with No. 24:

Adrian Clayborn, defensive end, Tampa Bay

What he did in 2011: Clayborn was one of the very few bright spots in Tampa Bay last season. As a rookie, he claimed a starting spot immediately and picked things up very quickly. He played the run well right from the start and got better as a pass-rusher as the season went on. Clayborn finished his first NFL season with 7.5 sacks, but 4.5 of those came in the final seven games. Clayborn also forced three fumbles and finished the season with 42 tackles.

Why he’s No. 24 in 2012: Clayborn should only continue to get better and could quickly become the NFC South’s best all-around defensive end. Tampa Bay didn’t lead often last season, so it wasn’t like Clayborn had a lot of sack opportunities and was falling into them. He’s had an entire offseason program for the first time in his career. With a new coaching staff comes a new defense. But Clayborn’s job isn’t changing that dramatically. He’s supposed to make things happen at the line of scrimmage and behind it. Clayborn could be helped greatly if defensive tackles Gerald McCoy and Brian Price are able to stay healthy and generate a pass rush from the interior.

I don't care for Marcus Colston, but Adrian Clayborn isn't better than him and sure as **** isn't a top 25 player in the South. I wish the media would just quit with these stupid lists. They are perpetuating stupidity in sports talk.

Let's see your list. I guarantee its 35 % maybe 40 % falcons.

Pat y is almost as big a delusional blind homer ryanette as yourself, it wouldn't shock me one bit to see either one of you list ryan at #1.

Off the top of my head, my 25...

1. Drew Brees
  2. Matt Ryan
  3. Cam Newton
  4. Carl Nicks
  5. Jimmy Graham
  6. Jahri Evans
  7. Ryan Kalil
  8. Roddy White
  9. Steve Smith
  10. Sean Weatherspoon
  11. Jon Beason
  12. Charles Johnson
  13. Jordan Gross
  14. Brent Grimes
  15. Jabari Greer
  16. Julio Jones
  17. Darren Sproles
  18. Vincent Jackson
  19. John Abraham
  20. Aqib Talib
  21. Curtis Lofton
  22. Michael Turner
  23. Davin Joseph
  24. Marcus Colston
  25. Asante Samuel

Pretty good list Smiler. In my opinion, you have Ryan and Newton too high, and I wouldn't include Lofton, but I think that is a pretty solid list.

I think I would take Lofton off and put William Moore on there.

I went with the 3qbs because of how important they are to their teams.

I had Moore on the list but I took him off as it looked a bit homerish.

Edited by Smiler11

Let's see your list. I guarantee its 35 % maybe 40 % falcons.

Pat y is almost as big a delusional blind homer ryanette as yourself, it wouldn't shock me one bit to see either one of you list ryan at #1.

How many screennames is it now Phil? I'm going to call your shift manager at mcDonalds and tell him you need more work to do. Way too much time on your hands.

I dont do lists but I can find 25 more deserving than Clayborn. There are only 2-3 DEs in the division that I'd even consider top 25. Pass rush isn't a strength In this division.