Position Rankings. Lb Edition.

Resse

Since we all run the 4-3 none (other then Beason) of our LB get rated as the best because of low Sack total. But tackles count to dammit.

I've decided to do this position as a group as well. Instead of doing WLB, SLB, and MLB separate.

So here we go.

1. Panthers (Beason, Anderson, Kuechly and maybe Davis) If healthy this group could battle for best LB corps in the league.

2. Saints ( Lofton, Hawthorne, Vilma, Shanel, Castille) How you take another team in your divisions defensive leader is wild to me. The saints have done alot to upgrade this spot in the offseason. Even without Vilma for the season they should still be solid.

3. Falcons ( Spoon, Nicholes, Dent, and Lofa) Spoon's the best out of this group and will have to do a lot to carry the others. I keep hearing from Falcon fans how good Nicholes is but he's been in the league for 5 years and is 29. When will he show it? Also they better hope Dent or Lofa can replace what they lost when Lofton signed with the Saints.

4. Bucs ( David, Foster, Black,and Goode) very young group and will get picked on with all the TE's and RB who can catch out the back field in this Division. I still don't understand why they Drafted Barron with Kuechly and Mo Clay still on the board. I thought CB and LB were more needed positions. But they still got young talent at both positions.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Falcons - Only unit in the NFCS that didn't beg remodeling in the offseason, Lofton not being retained was the organization's decision and his replacement was on the roster before he signed elsewhere.

2. New Orleans - Looks like a solid unit and if it isn't terrific against the run and pass, it should be great against the run and improved against the pass. Could easily be the best in the division if the additions adjust quickly.

3. Carolina - Paper champ unit needs to be healthy and relevant a whole year before it ranks higher than this. Good as it might look, if the Panthers are still lousy against the run and pass and the excuse is that everything else on the defense is bad, then this is possibly a very good unit that nevertheless isn't changing games or coming through in pressure situations to be evaluated next to units that are being judged by their ability to do both.

4. Tampa - Disaster last year essentially has to be better, but it's hardly encouraging.

1. Falcons - Only unit in the NFCS that didn't beg remodeling in the offseason, Lofton not being retained was the organization's decision and his replacement was on the roster before he signed elsewhere.

2. New Orleans - Looks like a solid unit and if it isn't terrific against the run and pass, it should be great against the run and improved against the pass. Could easily be the best in the division if the additions adjust quickly.

3. Carolina - Paper champ unit needs to be healthy and relevant a whole year before it ranks higher than this. Good as it might look, if the Panthers are still lousy against the run and pass and the excuse is that everything else on the defense is bad, then this is possibly a very good unit that nevertheless isn't changing games or coming through in pressure situations to be evaluated next to units that are being judged by their ability to do both.

4. Tampa - Disaster last year essentially has to be better, but it's hardly encouraging.

You're full of it you only have 1 good Lb on your team. Our 4th best LB had better numbers then your 1st. You are hoping on a special teams player who took How many snaps on defense again??? And a LB who was regressing before he was injured and didn't play in 2011 at MLB.

The only reason Falcons weren't last is Spoon is better then any of the Bucs LB now and they are very young.

Edited by Resse

You're full of it you only have 1 good Lb on your team. Our 4th best LB had better numbers then your 1st. You are hoping on a special teams player and a LB who was regressing before he was injured and didn't play in 2011 at MLB.

The only reason Falcons weren't last is Spoon is better then any of the Bucs LB now and they are very young.

Get back to me when the Panthers have a defense.

Get back to me when the Panthers have a defense.

Get back to me when the falcons have a Playoff win.

Still doesn't change how stupid you're analysis is. It's like you weren't even trying to be objective.

Still doesn't change how stupid you're analysis is. It's like you weren't even trying to be objective.

Anyone who doesn't place the Panther's at #1 should no longer post in any of Reese's edition threads seeing as they will get flamed for not being "objective".

Anyone who doesn't place the Panther's at #1 should no longer post in any of Reese's edition threads seeing as they will get flamed for not being "objective".

Anybody who can't be realistic shouldn't post in my position breakdowns. I've put the panthers last in a few positions of my rankings. So what a dumb statement by you.

Anybody who can't be realistic shouldn't post in my position breakdowns. I've put the panthers last in a few positions of my rankings. So what a dumb statement by you.

Funny how the opinion/ranking of someone who's not even a Panther's fan stings you so much. Some real insecurities there bro.

Answer me this; when was the last time the Panthers had a defense someone else would actually want? 2008? Panther fans say every year that their linebackers "might be the best in the league," and when's the last time that ever came to be something more than a pile of excuses? As long as we're talking about objectivity, you might acknowledge that these excuses only matter to us because we know about Carolina's injuries; to everyone else Carolina is Cam Newton and not much help.

Edited by Serge

Funny how the opinion/ranking of someone who's not even a Panther's fan stings you so much. Some real insecurities there bro.

We will see when other "Objective" fans see the rankings.

**** I could see some valid points being made for the Saints to be 1st but the Falcons Really???

1 Good LB and the rest cross your fingers and hope.

Answer me this; when was the last time the Panthers had a defense someone else would actually want? 2008? Panther fans say every year that their linebackers "might be the best in the league," and when's the last time that ever came to be something more than a pile of excuses? As long as we're talking about objectivity, you might acknowledge that these excuses only matter to us because we know about Carolina's injuries; to everyone else Carolina is Cam Newton and not much help.

And WTF does this crap you've typed have to do with the 2012-2013 season?

Falcons fans have been talking about winning in the playoffs since 2008. How has that worked out?

I know a lot of excuses.

So I guess you won't win in the playoffs again since you've haven't since 2004.

Oh yeah by the way we had a top 10 defense in 2009 so you might want to do a little research before posting.

Edited by Resse

And WTF does this crap you've typed have to do with the 2012-2013 season?

Falcons fans have been talking about winning in the playoffs since 2008. How has that worked out?

I know a lot of excuses.

So I guess you won't win in the playoffs again since you've haven't since 2004.

Like I said before, let me know when the Panthers have a defense. No one's failed to remind us this offseason that we need to win in the playoffs, no one should have to remind Panther fans how long it's been since the typical expectations of their average fan in the offseason ended up in the same hemisphere as how they performed, and until they prove this year's different they don't have to be ranked first in linebackers just because you've confused objectivity with rampant optimism expressed on a rival team's message board.

And 2009 instead of 2008? How silly of me. Who could have forgotten about the 2009 Panthers? Clearly that's more relevant to 2012 than 2011 or even 2010.

Edited by Serge

Like I said before, let me know when the Panthers have a defense. No one's failed to remind us this offseason that we need to win in the playoffs, no one should have to remind Panther fans how long it's been since the typical expectations of their average fan in the offseason ended up in the same hemisphere as how they performed, and until they prove this year's different they don't have to be ranked first in linebackers just because you've confused objectivity with rampant optimism expressed on a rival team's message board.

And 2009 instead of 2008? How silly of me. Who could have forgotten about the 2009 Panthers? Clearly that's more relevant to 2012 than 2011 or even 2010.

Yeah after 46 years you shouldn't have to be reminded anymore about expectation of fans and how they don't work out.

Fact is you try to be smart and didn't do your research and now look stupid with your post.

Yeah after 46 years you shouldn't have to be reminded anymore about expectation of fans and how they don't work out.

Fact is you try to be smart and didn't do your research and now look stupid with your post.

I recommend sleep. You get pouty this time of night.

I recommend you stop drinking or smoking before you post.

Innocuous pair of questions: how many individuals have insulted either your intelligence or maturity in the last week, and how many fanbases did they represent?

Innocuous pair of questions: how many individuals have insulted either your intelligence or maturity in the last week, and how many fanbases did they represent?

Not as many as you think but wait until the other poster see your LB rankings. I expect your dumb meter to increase real soon.

Not as many as you think but wait until the other poster see your LB rankings. I expect your dumb meter to increase real soon.

Seems like it's been quite a few. Does that bother you at all, the sheer number of people that openly question your intelligence? Does it happen a lot in real life, too?

Seems like it's been quite a few. Does that bother you at all, the sheer number of people that openly question your intelligence? Does it happen a lot in real life, too?

Not really you are the only person who seem to care what others think of them.

Since I'm a man I'm secure in who I am. I really don't need others approval. You being a little college prick trying to figure out who he is. Needs that pat on the back I guess.

Not really you are the only person who seem to care what others think of them.

Since I'm a man I'm secure in who I am. I really don't need others approval. You being a little college prick trying to figure out who he is. Needs that pat on the back I guess.

Awesome comeback, you're doing great! I'm just curious because it seems like every single conversation between you and anyone results in someone calling you an idiot and you responding with a form of "I know you are but what am I," which seems like quite a coincidence if your participation is as negligible as you would claim it to be.

Awesome comeback, you're doing great! I'm just curious because it seems like every single conversation between you and anyone results in someone calling you an idiot and you responding with a form of "I know you are but what am I," which seems like quite a coincidence if your participation is as negligible as you would claim it to be.

And again it seem like you care more then me What people say about me??? Why all the love??

Before we go any further with this I'm married buddy and I don't hang at the Blue Oyster Bar.

So find somebody else to care about so much.

And again it seem like you care more then me What people say about me??? Why all the love??

Before we go any further with this I'm married buddy and I don't hang at the Blue Oyster Bar.

So find somebody else to care about so much.

Gay jokes, clearly used ironically to showcase the staggering depth of the intellect I'm dealing with. All I'm saying is, if you notice this pattern persisting, you might be best served reevaluating your participation here and exactly what you've communicated about yourself in your posts, as opposed to simply what it is you hoped to communicate.

Gay jokes, clearly used ironically to showcase the staggering depth of the intellect I'm dealing with. All I'm saying is, if you notice this pattern persisting, you might be best served reevaluating your participation here and exactly what you've communicated about yourself in your posts, as opposed to simply what it is you hoped to communicate.

Never said you were gay but you seem to worry more then the next guy about what people say to me. Just saying.

No the problem is more people agree with me then not maybe if you actually do your homework JR. You would know that most of my rankings were agreed with by most of the rival fans here.

Really the only big debate was at QB and RB.

But since you're keeping tabs let me help you some.

I've notice that you like to use big words a lot and try to portray yourself as this "Football Philosopher". I know you like this facade personality you cultivated on this site. But I can see threw the ruse and know your just a introvert looking for acceptance where ever you can get it.

"Maybe you should reevaluate your participation Here".

Are you serious son?? Your still dependent on your parents for laudry and Movie money. You're at no elevated position to question my participation in anything.

Edited by Resse

Never said you were gay but you seem to worry more then the next guy about what people say to me. Just saying.

No the problem is more people agree with me then not maybe if you actually do your homework JR. You would know that most of my rankings were agreed with by most of the rival fans here.

Really the only big debate was at QB and RB.

But since you're keeping tabs let me help you some.

I've notice that you like to use big words a lot and try to portray yourself as this "Football Philosopher". I know you like this facade personality you cultivated on this site. But I can see threw the ruse and know your just a introvert looking for acceptance where ever you can get it.

"Maybe you should reevaluate your participation Here".

Are you serious son?? Your still dependent on your parents for laudry and Movie money. You're at no elevated position to question my participation in anything.

That seems like a lot of words for a guy that claimed to be secure enough in his masculinity to not have to respond to anything one could possibly perceive as a challenge to said security. Personally I didn't even think what I said represented such a challenge, which is why I didn't bother to do more than skim what I'm sure is a brilliant dissection of my personal life, as opposed to a desperate attempt by a feeble mind to hold serve on a matter of simple projection by misinterpreting the nature of the conversation and attempting a full-blown psychological analysis as a way of "fighting back" when such security could have only been defended with gesture of humility rather than anger, as we both know you're above that, but if your pride needs defending then you gotta do what you gotta do.

Edited by Serge