Bo Scaife Released

i think we need some TE depth and he would come on the cheap. he has decent receiving skills.

The team parted ways with veteran

Bo Scaife on Monday, according to Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com, who also reported that the team cut offensive lineman Mike Ingersoll.The Patriots added Scaife a few weeks ago for tight-end depth but clearly didn't like what they saw. They should be able to make do with Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez at the position.

Yea, as a backup or play a specific role, it would be a nice pick up. I honestly thought that he was going to be something special with the Titans, just didnt pan out. Being released by the Patriots doent mean much. They release starters all the time. If Gonzalez gets hurt, if we picked up Scaife, I think we would be alright.

Edited by Krammmit

Yeah, I'm sure the guy who lasted 11 days in New England and one season with the Bengals (zero games) could hop right into Gonzo's spot if he was injured. If we are going to grab a tight end past his prime, why not Visanthe Shianco? He's at least a good red zone target.

Yeah, I'm sure the guy who lasted 11 days in New England and one season with the Bengals (zero games) could hop right into Gonzo's spot if he was injured. If we are going to grab a tight end past his prime, why not Visanthe Shianco? He's at least a good red zone target.

You forgot to mention that NE has 2 players at TE who could start for 85% of the League, and the Bengals have a 1st round pick in Gresham who is an above average TE, You also are talking about a back up postion in which we converted a D-End to play a back up role. So yes, if Tony Gonzalez went dow, we would have a veteran player with starting experience. Why not Shiancoe??? probably asking for more money than hes worth and would probably like to play for some one who would actually let him start.

Edited by Krammmit

You forgot to mention that NE has 2 players at TE who could start for 85% of the League, and the Bengals have a 1st round pick in Gresham who is an above average TE, You also are talking about a back up postion in which we converted a D-End to play a back up role. So yes, if Tony Gonzalez went dow, we would have a veteran player with starting experience. Why not Shiancoe??? probably asking for more money than hes worth and would probably like to play for some one who would actually let him start.

And yet NE has been actively trying to pick up another TE. Bengals have one quality TE, and a revolving door of hot garbage.

That D-End was Ryan Wynterswyk, who, if memory serves, was only briefly on the practice squad (or not at all).

Shiancoe cannot be waiting for someone to give him a starting spot, unless he has been patiently waiting for 4-5 months. Bo Scaife is a washed up mediocre talent, who flashed mediocre ability years ago. No question we need more TE depth, but Scaife isn't going to improve anything over Agnone and Palmer.