Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Nfl Shows Reporters Proof Of Saints Suspensions

405 posts in this topic

IMO probably because he is embarrassed as H*ll that the league repeatedly told the GM and coaches to stop the pay for performance program and that they didn't do it.

It's not Benson's place to fight for the players, two of which don't even play for the Saints anymore. It is the place of the NFLPA.

D. Smith and the NFLPA did not do the players any favors. We know where the finger needs to point for this problem.

Or, the NFL is telling the truth.

And no Saints fan has ever given me a good explanation why the Saints organization apologized for bounties if none existed.

I think it's been proven that the NFL is not the beacon of truth.

On your other point, they apologized for a pay for performance program and GW's hyperbolic language.

They have always vehemently denied a pay for injury or purposely trying to hurt any player.

GW also did not end the pay for performance program when told to out of arrogance, probably because everyone does it, or as of now used to do it.

The NFL has no incentive to look at a pay for performance program that occurred with any other team because there might be 32 head coaches with 1 yr suspensions.

I think it's been proven that the NFL is not the beacon of truth.

On your other point, they apologized for a pay for performance program and GW's hyperbolic language.

They have always vehemently denied a pay for injury or purposely trying to hurt any player.

GW also did not end the pay for performance program when told to out of arrogance, probably because everyone does it, or as of now used to do it.

The NFL has no incentive to look at a pay for performance program that occurred with any other team because there might be 32 head coaches with 1 yr suspensions.

You realize everybody who claims the NFL was lying has very good reason to say that, right?

Saints organization has said no such thing about the program- Vitt and the players have, not the Saints themselves, and the Saints apology when this first broke used the word bounty.

Saints also refused to back their players up when they appealed. That should tell you something.

Here's the text from the Saints apology:

Today, Commissioner Goodell apprised us of the severe penalties facing our club, as proposed by the NFL.

Saints GM Mickey Loomis gets an eight-game ban and $500,000 fine. (AP Photo)

We recognize our fans' concerns and we regret the uncertainty this episode has created for them. We are humbled by the support our organization has received from our fans today in the wake of this announcement, and we ask them to continue to stand with us, as they have done in the past, when both our team and our city have overcome greater adversities.

To our fans, the NFL and the rest of our league, we offer our sincere apology and take full responsibility for these serious violations. It has always been the goal of the New Orleans Saints to create a model franchise and to impact our league in a positive manner. There is no place for bounties in our league and we reiterate our pledge that this will never happen again.

Just saw NFL Films video on NFL Live of the 2009 NFCCG of Joe Vitt telling the Saints players that Favre had been knocked out of the game with a leg injury. Vitt "I think Favre broke his leg." Anthony Hargrove "Bobby, Give me my money".

Also, don’t forget that Hargrove didn’t apply the hit that resulted in Favre possibly having a broken leg. Instead, Favre had been hit low by McCray and high by Ayodele. So why would Hargrove be asking for any money at all?

Also, don’t forget that Hargrove didn’t apply the hit that resulted in Favre possibly having a broken leg. Instead, Favre had been hit low by McCray and high by Ayodele. So why would Hargrove be asking for any money at all?

I saw the video. I saw the words that appeared on the screen. I posted here.

I saw the video. I saw the words that appeared on the screen. I posted here.

it was interpreted by the Gestapo

why would Hargrove get paid on a hit he did not commit?

Saint fans are never going to admit that their organization did anything wrong. Expecting them to would be like expecting a frog to bark.

Whether their pay for performance program included one case of pay for injury in the case of Favre, or did in every single game, one time is still too many times and pay for performance outside of a CBA approved salary capped contract is still illegal. All this whining about the amount of evidence is irrelevant. We know there was a bounty on Favre at the very least. The Saints were warned To stop, they didn't, and the NFLPA agreed to the current punishment and appeal structure in the CBA last offseason. There is nothing anyone can do to change it. If you don't like it, change it 10 years from now when the CBA expires

Whether their pay for performance program included one case of pay for injury in the case of Favre, or did in every single game, one time is still too many times and pay for performance outside of a CBA approved salary capped contract is still illegal. All this whining about the amount of evidence is irrelevant. We know there was a bounty on Favre at the very least. The Saints were warned To stop, they didn't, and the NFLPA agreed to the current punishment and appeal structure in the CBA last offseason. There is nothing anyone can do to change it. If you don't like it, change it 10 years from now when the CBA expires

There was never a bounty on Farve or any other player.

If the NFL has some signed statements from Vitt or tape recorded confession, they should probably be breaking it out about now.

"It cannot be overemphasized enough that none of our players, particularly those facing suspension, ever crossed the white line with the intent to injure an opponent," Vitt said in Wednesday's statement. "I am proud of our players and stand behind them 100 percent and will do whatever I can to help them restore their good names.

Saint fans are never going to admit that their organization did anything wrong. Expecting them to would be like expecting a frog to bark.

Well, on occasion you can claim you stepped on a frog and it barked.

JDaveG likes this

If the NFL has some signed statements from Vitt or tape recorded confession, they should probably be breaking it out about now.

"It cannot be overemphasized enough that none of our players, particularly those facing suspension, ever crossed the white line with the intent to injure an opponent," Vitt said in Wednesday's statement. "I am proud of our players and stand behind them 100 percent and will do whatever I can to help them restore their good names.

So? Is he under oath? Any penalty for lying? No. Any benefit for him lying? Absolutely.

Again, no one has ever given me a logical reason why the Saints organization apologized for bounties if they didn't exist; why the Saints org., if only guilty of a minor crime, took penalties for for a major crime without a fight; why Goodell would take the risk of doing this without the evidence.

paulitik and Ethanga62890 like this

Agreed, a few of the dumb and dumber will go to their graves spewing their disbelief and denial. They exhibit the same mental flaws as the jurors on the OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony trials.

Agreed, a few of the dumb and dumber will go to their graves spewing their disbelief and denial. They exhibit the same mental flaws as the jurors on the OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony trials.

Actually, the idiots in those trials were the prosecuting attorneys. Remember, "Not Guilty" doesn't equal "Innocent".

big_D likes this

This board is seriously nuts most of the time.

There are multiple daily threads trashing our QB who is pretty good

Other multiple daily threads bashing any number of players

Multiple threads bashing our GM

And now a thread where people are sticking up for the Saints and trying to get sympathy for them after what they have done.

WTF is wrong with some of you people? If your not fans GTFO please I don't come here to see people trash the team all the time. Differing opinions are fine but when being a fan of the team is considered a bad thing it has gone to far.

**** the Staints, **** there fans, the team and players got what it deserved and got off lightly. if you want sympathy for that piece of **** team go somewhere else.

paulitik, big_D, JDaveG and 3 others like this

And now a thread where people are sticking up for the Saints and trying to get sympathy for them after what they have done.

WTF is wrong with some of you people? If your not fans GTFO please I don't come here to see people trash the team all the time. Differing opinions are fine but when being a fan of the team is considered a bad thing it has gone to far.

**** the Staints, **** there fans, the team and players got what it deserved and got off lightly. if you want sympathy for that piece of **** team go somewhere else.

Truth bomb.

Dayum.

Y'all are going to make me use up my quota of likes for the whole month.

Quit making sense and crop dusting truth all over the board.

The day I'll have sympathy or empathy for anything Saint-related is the day they catch Elton John nude in bed with a Penthouse model.

big_D, ATLBrave, paulitik and 1 other like this

I've personally witnessed and heard of hundreds of improper firings, sanctions, penalties, and injustices against employees of various privately owned and pubiicly traded companies, government, and religious institutions. This case is not one of them, If you are a Falcons fan, save your outrage for one of those cases. Defending the Saints makes you look bad. Even if the NFL was going overboard, and they are not, the players agreed to the authority Roger Goodell wields in cases of punishment and appeal. Too freaking bad. It couldn't happen to a more deserving team.

big_D likes this

So? Is he under oath? Any penalty for lying? No. Any benefit for him lying? Absolutely.

Again, no one has ever given me a logical reason why the Saints organization apologized for bounties if they didn't exist; why the Saints org., if only guilty of a minor crime, took penalties for for a major crime without a fight; why Goodell would take the risk of doing this without the evidence.

How can you say there is no penalty for lying when the Goodell can lengthen his suspension any time he wants apparently?

Here is one thing that is really making the NFL look bad to most people actually looking at the evidence presented.

The NFL has asknowledged that Vitt is not accused of putting up any money for any kind of bounty or incentive program, but the supposed documentation of the other's contributions (Ornstein, Vilma, Grant) also includes Vitt.

If they are acknowledging that Vitt is not accused of being involved in contributing money, how can that evidence be any good for the other guys?

I've personally witnessed and heard of hundreds of improper firings, sanctions, penalties, and injustices against employees of various privately owned and pubiicly traded companies, government, and religious institutions. This case is not one of them, If you are a Falcons fan, save your outrage for one of those cases. Defending the Saints makes you look bad. Even if the NFL was going overboard, and they are not, the players agreed to the authority Roger Goodell wields in cases of punishment and appeal. Too freaking bad. It couldn't happen to a more deserving team.

I've never worried to much about how my opinions make me look. I know a lot of people on the board have the attitude "if they play for the Saints, they must be a bad person".

That just seems incredibly stupid to me. If saying so makes me look bad, so be it.

Here is one thing that is really making the NFL look bad to most people actually looking at the evidence presented.

The NFL has asknowledged that Vitt is not accused of putting up any money for any kind of bounty or incentive program, but the supposed documentation of the other's contributions (Ornstein, Vilma, Grant) also includes Vitt.

If they are acknowledging that Vitt is not accused of being involved in contributing money, how can that evidence be any good for the other guys?

No offense meant, but at this point I believe (at least on TATF) you are essentially preaching to an empty church.

Most of us have read and seen the same basic material that you have and have reached a separate conclusion.

Doesn't make you wrong and others right. It just means that everyone seems to have a pretty well-formed and intractable opinion about the Saints transgressions.

But by all means keep putting forth your opinion if that's what you want to do.