Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Nfl Shows Reporters Proof Of Saints Suspensions

405 posts in this topic

Legal affidavits are not open to interpretation. They say what they say.

they say what they say, but they can certainly be subject to interpretation. It is very common to have one piece of evidence in one piece of sworn testimony that is enhanced (or contradicted) by subsequent evidence from a different source

frankly, without a confession, all evidence is subject to interpretation

Well, hey, in the last two days I've heard two people that I respect a lot that cover football for a living, Chris Landry and Adam Shefter, say that the NFL was too hard on the players here. So I am at least comfortable that my opinion is not radical.

There were 22-27 players mentioned in the original statement. Only 4 got suspended, my guess is the others confessed and were told their names would be kept out of the public eye.

The other unnamed players got off easy. Think the 4 got popped for not cooperating.

If Vilma was an instigator of the bounty program and contributed significant money to it, then the punishment wasn't outrageous.

If you think I've misrepresented him, listen to the interview. I guess he had time to think about what he saw.

certainly not saying you misrepresented him - just saying that if you are going to rely on his interpretation of events you should take into account his initial reaction to see if that influences how much reliance you put on his for this particular issue

probably the only reason I got involved in this is because I think there is a difference between saying I disagree with the punishment and I think the NFL lied - reasonable people may differ on whether the punishment fit the crime, but to me that is different than saying the NFL set these guys up and lied about it

The NFL lied about the Hargrove affidavit. That's the simple truth. Legal affidavits are worded very carefully, and if Hargrove wanted to say the participated in a bounty program, his statement would have said "I participated in a bounty program."

Unfortunately, I've been through a big lawsuit recently and I am pretty familiar with how the affidavits work. If there are any lawyers on here, and I am sure there are, they can chime in with thier opinion that as well.

The NFL lied about the Hargrove affidavit. That's the simple truth. Legal affidavits are worded very carefully, and if Hargrove wanted to say the participated in a bounty program, his statement would have said "I participated in a bounty program."

Unfortunately, I've been through a big lawsuit recently and I am pretty familiar with how the affidavits work. If there are any lawyers on here, and I am sure there are, they can chime in with thier opinion that as well.

well, thats the thing - I am a lawyer - I don't think they lied about his affidavit - I think they put it in context with all the other things they knew

pretty common

I've thought it was stupid from the start. I'm not sure it's any different than the hundreds of college teams who put stickers on the back of helmets for making big hits.

The NFL lied about the Hargrove affidavit. That's the simple truth. ..

No, they didn't. They disagreed with Hargrove's interpretation, but, that is not lying.

big_D likes this

I've thought it was stupid from the start. I'm not sure it's any different than the hundreds of college teams who put stickers on the back of helmets for making big hits.

Big dif! The stickered helmets were a bragging right for executing a perfect play. The bounty program was a scheme to financially reward a participant for knocking an opponent out of the game. Big dif!

Unfortunately, I've been through a big lawsuit recently and I am pretty familiar with how the affidavits work.

F

I hope you were able to give enough favorable info in your lawsuit. It better have been more convincing than your weak attempts here to convince anyone that some Taint players were mistreated. PAHLEEEASE!

Big dif! The stickered helmets were a bragging right for executing a perfect play. The bounty program was a scheme to financially reward a participant for knocking an opponent out of the game. Big dif!

Wrong in most cases....My team was Oklahoma State and you would recognized for a big hit, and the bigger, the better....not a perfect play.

You're right. I realize the difference. But I still sit in my living room and wish Drew Brees would get injured on EVERY snap he takes.

.....and somewhere Nancy Kerrigan is shaking her head calling them all a bunch of wusses.

Wrong in most cases....My team was Oklahoma State and you would recognized for a big hit, and the bigger, the better....not a perfect play.

To me a perfect play encompased ringing someones bell. I should have been clearer. None the less, it was a sticker not a green back.

So, ray, The NFL says that Williams admitted a bounty program went on. That he was ""rolling the dice with player safety and someone could have been maimed."

Do you believe the NFL?

So, ray, The NFL says that Williams admitted a bounty program went on. That he was ""rolling the dice with player safety and someone could have been maimed."

Do you believe the NFL?

Ray boy doesn't believe in anything that goes against the Taints no matter how true it is.

Do you believe the NFL?

He admitted it and apologized on national television. That said , there is no way a bounty ever happened though . . . blink.png

The NFL has to had out these punishments. One, they have been warned about it previously and the Saints continued to carry on with the bounty program. Two, years later, players would have come out of the woodwork suing the NFL for "injuries" they received from the program, the NFL knew about it, and they "did nothing."

well, thats the thing - I am a lawyer - I don't think they lied about his affidavit - I think they put it in context with all the other things they knew

pretty common

Yeah, beernuts is a friend of mine....so I knew he was an attorney. I was going to let you know that peyton, but the devil in me wanted to wait and let beernuts do the reveal....

tongue.png

The Saints players have been lying and denying since Payton instructed them all to "get your ducks in a row" and telling Hargrove to "play dumb". It turns out that Hargrove may have not been playing.

kevykev21 and Tuggle'2 like this

pretty common

Well I wouldn't want you as my lawyer then lol. Not that I liked the lawyers I had.

F

I hope you were able to give enough favorable info in your lawsuit. It better have been more convincing than your weak attempts here to convince anyone that some Taint players were mistreated. PAHLEEEASE!

I'm not really trying to convince anybody of anything, just discussing my own personal beliefs that Vilma got a bad deal. Obviously I know I am in the minority.

I feel bad for any good person that has bad things happen to them, and I happen to think Jonathan Vilma is a good person.

I'm not really trying to convince anybody of anything, just discussing my own personal beliefs that Vilma got a bad deal. Obviously I know I am in the minority.

I feel bad for any good person that has bad things happen to them, and I happen to think Jonathan Vilma is a good person.

I don't feel bad for him. He is a victim of circumstance. He is a grown man and took part in something against the rules. As a grown man should be able to understand choices have consequences. I understand it is all but impossible to say no to something when your whole team is involved including the coaches. Even if he never once hit someone illegally he still put up and took money for things deemed wrong by the NFL. As soon as you sign that contract you are a piece of property and should act accordingly.

Well I wouldn't want you as my lawyer then lol. Not that I liked the lawyers I had.

Based on your mulish refusal to even consider evidence that contradicts your own myopic opinion demonstrated here, I doubt he would want you as a client. Let me guess, you didn't care for your own attorneys because they desperately tried to keep you from arguing with the judge or the mediator or both?

big_D likes this

Based on your mulish refusal to even consider evidence that contradicts your own myopic opinion demonstrated here, I doubt he would want you as a client. Let me guess, you didn't care for your own attorneys because they desperately tried to keep you from arguing with the judge or the mediator or both?

I didn't like my lawyers because they billed me $53,000 before my case got to discovery.

this thread is wack. it's the SAINTS bros. they are scum. i'm sure the majority of these instigations are true. for the 20%-25% of it that may not be true, i couldn't care less. i don't think they were punished enough. i think more of their players should be punished also. i've been a falcons fan as long as i can remember. i use to hate the 49'ers with a passion, then i hated the bucs like that and now i hate the saints like that. the more bad stuff that can happen to them the better, as far as i'm concerned. i agree with a poster earlier in this thread (sorry i can't remember who), but every time breezy drops back i secretly wish that someone would knock his azz out. i can't help it. judge me if you will. i don't care. i don't know how a "for real get down falcons fan" doesn't want to see the same. maybe you do, but won't admit it. that's fine too. i hate their entire organization. i realize how alot of their fans feel. they love their team, but they're hurt, ashamed, confused, etc. about all of this. well, F them too. those same losers were the ones protesting about vick, trolling our boards relentlessly about the vick situation, making ******** signs for the games, just kept on and on and on about it. i wish them the most pain that god/goodell sees fit. i will never feel sorry for them, even if unjustly. they deserve it.

<rant off>

FALCONS FOR LIFE - F THE SAINTS ! ! !