Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Nfl Shows Reporters Proof Of Saints Suspensions

405 posts in this topic

What is the difference between under a rock and and moving to cleveland?

Both are equal to living in Louisianna and being a Stains fan.

I have "Big_D" on ignore... is his post insightful?

Fluer de stink duesh. -1, : very insightful, right all along, and laughing over how dumb you denial tards have been all along. He said he was placing you on ignore also and leaves you with one request.......SUCK IT SUCKA.

Actually, I've been banned from this site since the MNF game last year, and this is my first post on the subject. BUT SINCE YOU ASK...

I don't know that he has proof. I don't even know that the Saints didn't have a bounty system in place. How can any of us know that for a fact? I do think that it's a little disturbing how quickly certain people seemed to accept it as gospel truth without any hard evidence but I guess that's just the football climate these days. The NFL may well have proof that we ran a pay for injury program in place, but if we're being 100% honest all I've seen so far was reinforcement of a pay for performance program, and there's a pretty important distinction. But we still broke the rules and got hammered.

At this point there's really nothing the Saints players or coaches can do to get vindication from this, the damage is done. Vilma *might* get some kind of retribution in court depending on if he can even get a judge to hear his case, but that won't help the team. Best case scenario for football is somewhere down the road Goodell tramples over the CBA one to many times and a proper check and balance is arbitrated into it, but it'll likely be at the expense of a few more teams along the way. Maybe the Falcons will be one of those teams, who knows? You'll always have a shoulder to lean on, dirtybirds.

Well, there is all of THIS: http://deadspin.com/5919383/heres-the-nfls-bounty-evidence-including-gregg-williamss-actual-dog-the-bounty-hunter-reference

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

NFL showed slides from Saints computers on 1/7/11,saying: "Now's the time to do our jobs, collect bounty $. No apologies. Let's go hunting."

Peter King@SI_PeterKing

To clarify, the 12 reporters were told they were getting the same presentation the players got earlier in the afternoon.

Sounds like the evidence that the coaches are numbskulls is great. Not as impressed with evidence against the players.

Mike Freeman from CBS Sports said the only good evidence is against Vitt. He got one of the lightest suspensions.

I'm not the biggest supporter of Goodell, but he is in the right here. And the way I see it, the Aints should be thankful. Had I been Goodell, the whole **** Saints organization would be banned from competition INDEFINITELY With NO "replacement players"

Just for the record when Vick was arrested I wasn't trying to defend him. It was illegal and some ****** up ****. I guess that's the difference between us Falcons fans and Aints.

Sounds like the evidence that the coaches are numbskulls is great. Not as impressed with evidence against the players.

Mike Freeman from CBS Sports said the only good evidence is against Vitt. He got one of the lightest suspensions.

Enough evidence to prosecute in court? Probably not, but the NFL isn't going to give out evidence that will just be fodder for lawyers ready to get in on the injured player lawsuits. Is there is enough for a private business to suspend employees given that these same employees signed away their rights to the NFL to give them that authority in a CBA a year ago? Absolutely. I've seen people get fired for a lot less. Add in the fact that it's obvious the Saints have been lying for 3 years, it only gets worse.

Everyone forgets this fact, if these players and coaches had been forthright and honest about this program 3 years ago, no one would know about this. No one would be punished. They were warned and had a chance to stop it. This is the bed they made, and crying about the punishment when there couldve been none is ridiculous.

Wow, this stuff is really interesting.

Not the evidence about the bounties, that is very weak.

But there is a lot of stuff in there that shows how teams gameplan, it's real interesting stuff.

You are using the same argument that Peter King was using I believe. King said there was evidence of pay for performance but only one instance where someone was actually paid for knocking a player out of the game or causing injury. I think that is the same thing you are saying???

I have to disagree somewhat. While I agree that there is a ton of evidence showing that there was a performance based incentive play you cannot overlook culpability and the intent. Even though there is not a lot of evidence of a "smoking gun" in the form of someone saying they will pay for an injury, someone injuring a player and then a payment being made, I don't believe you can over look the circumstantial evidence that exists. Coaches admitted to saying the system existed and even though there is not an overwhelming amount of evidence that we have seem. I think it is pretty apparent what was going on. Habius Corpus does not need to exist to convict one of murder.

Enough evidence to prosecute in court? Probably not, but the NFL isn't going to give out evidence that will just be fodder for lawyers ready to get in on the injured player lawsuits. Is there is enough for a private business to suspend employees given that these same employees signed away their rights to the NFL to give them that authority in a CBA a year ago? Absolutely. I've seen people get fired for a lot less. Add in the fact that it's obvious the Saints have been lying for 3 years, it only gets worse.

Everyone forgets this fact, if these players and coaches had been forthright and honest about this program 3 years ago, no one would know about this. No one would be punished. They were warned and had a chance to stop it. This is the bed they made, and crying about the punishment when there couldve been none is ridiculous.

Were there players that were asked or warned about this 3 years ago?

You are using the same argument that Peter King was using I believe. King said there was evidence of pay for performance but only one instance where someone was actually paid for knocking a player out of the game or causing injury. I think that is the same thing you are saying???

I have to disagree somewhat. While I agree that there is a ton of evidence showing that there was a performance based incentive play you cannot overlook culpability and the intent. Even though there is not a lot of evidence of a "smoking gun" in the form of someone saying they will pay for an injury, someone injuring a player and then a payment being made, I don't believe you can over look the circumstantial evidence that exists. Coaches admitted to saying the system existed and even though there is not an overwhelming amount of evidence that we have seem. I think it is pretty apparent what was going on. Habius Corpus does not need to exist to convict one of murder.

I looked through all the evidence. I don't see a reason to suspend Jonathan Vilma based on what they have there. If anything, maybe they didn't suspend Vitt long enough, and maybe Vitt should have gotten a longer suspension and the players shorter suspensions.

Especially since Vitt should already be in prison for stealing vicodin anyway.

I'm kind of sick of talking about the Saints. I'll just end it by saying I wish Vilma luck with his defamation case against Goodell, because I think he got a raw deal here.

Chris Landry made a good point about this yesterday on the radio. He said maybe the Saints organization was warned about the "pay for performance" program several times over the years, but that there was no indication or evidence that those warnings were passed down to the players. So in his mind, the players penalties, especially in relation to the coach penalties, were out of whack.

I kind of agree with him there.

LOL OK I guess I lied when I said I was done discussing this.

People really need to just give up on this idea that this process even remotely can be compared to the American legal system. The CBA is their Constitution and Roger Goodell is their President, Congress, and Supreme Court. When Scott Fujita and Drew Brees were fighting on behalf of the NFLPA at the expense of player safety and veteran benefits to get this CBA through so they could get paid, they signed away any right to complain about the way the NFL has handled this, and they agreed upon this appeal process. It still boggles my mind that the NFLPA let this appeal process stand.

If you have a contractual agreement with an employer, unless that employer is violating your personal liberties, there isn't jack you can do. There is enough evidence that there was a bounty no matter how small or inconsequential. These Saints players and fans are FOOLS for letting this drag out like this in the media, Goodell has plenty of card to play, and dragging this out only hurts the NFL in the long run. It's a no win situation. Take your punishmnet like men and shut the **** up.

vabchbirdlover likes this

Chris Landry made a good point about this yesterday on the radio. He said maybe the Saints organization was warned about the "pay for performance" program several times over the years, but that there was no indication or evidence that those warnings were passed down to the players. So in his mind, the players penalties, especially in relation to the coach penalties, were out of whack.

I kind of agree with him there.

LOL OK I guess I lied when I said I was done discussing this.

Bill Polian said on NFL Live yesterday that every single year after Thanksgiving each NFL team is given a memo from the league office about bounties and things of that nature and it's suppose to be posted in NFL locker rooms. He said it's clearly in black and white.

Take your punishmnet like men and shut the **** up.

I guess that's kind of easy to say if you aren't the person whose livelihood is being taken away for an entire year.

Agreed that the NFLPA really screwed up in letting Goodell have anything to do with the appeals process.

The NFLPA's lawyers got whipped by the NFL for sure, not even close.

I guess that's kind of easy to say if you aren't the person whose livelihood is being taken away for an entire year.

Agreed that the NFLPA really screwed up in letting Goodell have anything to do with the appeals process.

The NFLPA's lawyers got whipped by the NFL for sure, not even close.

But isn't he still getting paid?

But isn't he still getting paid?

No, none of the people being suspended will be paid for the time they miss. Payton and Vilma will miss an entire year of salary.

People really need to just give up on this idea that this process even remotely can be compared to the American legal system. The CBA is their Constitution and Roger Goodell is their President, Congress, and Supreme Court. When Scott Fujita and Drew Brees were fighting on behalf of the NFLPA at the expense of player safety and veteran benefits to get this CBA through so they could get paid, they signed away any right to complain about the way the NFL has handled this, and they agreed upon this appeal process. It still boggles my mind that the NFLPA let this appeal process stand.

If you have a contractual agreement with an employer, unless that employer is violating your personal liberties, there isn't jack you can do. There is enough evidence that there was a bounty no matter how small or inconsequential. These Saints players and fans are FOOLS for letting this drag out like this in the media, Goodell has plenty of card to play, and dragging this out only hurts the NFL in the long run. It's a no win situation. Take your punishmnet like men and shut the **** up.

Common sense post, good job. I now only hope that this saints crap disappears from here.