Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Nfl Shows Reporters Proof Of Saints Suspensions

405 posts in this topic

I know most of you guys (and girls) probably don't think there's anything strange about the way the NFL handled their investigation but this thing could potentially get very ugly for the commish:

All that can be said about the NFLPA outside counsel is.......change the written and approved agreement between the NFLPA and the NFL. The union approved and signed off on Goodell having the power he wielded against the guilty. Once the written proof was produced today the suspended players tucked their tails and ran. Counsel is trying to save face and blow smoke with his useless rebutal posted by fluer de stink duesh.0

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

NFL showed slides from Saints computers on 1/7/11,saying: "Now's the time to do our jobs, collect bounty $. No apologies. Let's go hunting."

Peter King@SI_PeterKing

To clarify, the 12 reporters were told they were getting the same presentation the players got earlier in the afternoon.

Bolded for the resident saint jack azzes.

How they can continue to deny this happened is beyond stupid.

And this is NOT going away.

This is going to be a distraction week in and week out.

The nfl is going to be watching them more closely and some of the calls they might have gotten away with last year they will not get away with again.

They are going to be asked questions about this EVERY day they have microphones in front of their faces.

And if Brees misses even a day of camp that distraction becomes 5 times more intense.

Falconsfan567, sdogg and big_D like this

I could not care less about bounty gate. Suspend them, don't suspend them. Time to move on from this. It's getting to be about as irrelevant as the Roger Clemons perjury case. Whether any of these people are guilty, it has no affect on me. Pro sports are all about cheating and there is no moral compass when it comes to winning and money.

The fact that their current interim head coach repeatedly acknowledged it speaking to the NFL is damning. How are they going to rally around Joe Vitt when he's suspended and it's obvious he ratted out his own players?

sdogg likes this

There should be no excuses from our organization this year why we don't win the division . If Saints somehow come together and do win the division and respond in a big FU to the NFL it will only bond that team more . Our time is now or maybe never

sdogg likes this

I really don't understand why people like like we haven't won the division in this era. We just won the division in 2010. We were 13-3 for crying out loud. Best record in the NFC. Hello?

sdogg likes this

i hope that before, during and after EVERY saints game, the media, commentators, etc., talk about nothing but this. just like they did about vick. that sht drove me fukin crazy. the saints deserve that X 10.

sdogg and paulitik like this

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/clark-judge/19376711/vilmas-complaints-aimed-in-wrong-direction

Vilma's complaints aimed in wrong direction

By Clark Judge | Senior NFL Columnist

June 18, 2012 1:02 pm ET<p class="siteTools buttonBar">

When New Orleans linebacker Jonathan Vilma walked out of Monday's meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, he said he wasn't interested in perpetuating an appeals process he called "a sham." So he cut short the session and headed home.

"I don't know how you get a fair process when you get (Goodell) as judge, jury and executioner," Vilma said.

It's a good question. Only it's one that shouldn't be posed to Goodell, the NFL office or the media. It's one meant for NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith, the players' union and Vilma's peers.

Heck, it's one Vilma should be asking himself, and here's why: BECAUSE THE NFLPA AGREED TO THAT PROCESS WHEN IT SIGNED THE NEW CBA, AND NFL PLAYERS RATIFIED IT.

I don't care if he doesn't like it. He signed off on it. So did his union. If Vilma has a complaint it's with the people who thought this was a good idea, and somebody must have. The players didn't oppose it. In fact, I don't remember anyone bringing this up last year when negotiations were underway.

"It's a little bit disingenious when you're calling the process unfair and wondering what happened to due process," said one league insider. "The CBA answers that question."

The NFL wasn't going to agree to a new CBA without Goodell gaining broad authority when it came to "integrity of the game" issues, but all the NFLPA had to do was say, "No." It could have negotiated a middle ground. It could have simply declined to go along with it. But it didn't, and now it's Vilma calling out the commissioner because the process is, in his words, "a sham."

I don't know, there's a something called a CBA that says it's not. And there are a couple of arbitrators out there who said it's not, too. In decisions made this month they ruled in favor of the NFL and Goodell, who execrcised the authority he was given ... yep, by players like Vilma, Will Smith, Scott Fujita and Anthony Hargrove. In fact, Fujita was part of the union's executive committee, so don't tell me he doesn't know what's going on here.

Afterward, he, Hargrove and Smith issued a statement where they said, "Words are cheap, power is fleeting" ... except they're not. The penalties the league imposed on all these guys will cost them substantially -- both in money and reputation -- and the power Goodell has is anything but fleeting. The last time I checked he has this authority for another nine seasons, with the NFLPA unable to exercise an "opt" clause because they never got one.

They agreed to a document that players now say is penalizing them, but their complaints are misplaced. They shouldn't be aimed at the commissioner or owners; they should be aimed at their leadership for agreeing to a deal that gives Goodell authority they say he shouldn't have.

Too bad they didn't think of this a year ago.

Falconsfan567 and falconsd56 like this

How is that piece of **** Roman Harper not suspended? I never had to know about a bounty to know he was a low life piece of ****!
you and me both want to know.

http://www.cbssports...wrong-direction

Vilma's complaints aimed in wrong direction

By Clark Judge | Senior NFL Columnist

June 18, 2012 1:02 pm ET<p class="siteTools buttonBar">

When New Orleans linebacker Jonathan Vilma walked out of Monday's meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, he said he wasn't interested in perpetuating an appeals process he called "a sham." So he cut short the session and headed home.

"I don't know how you get a fair process when you get (Goodell) as judge, jury and executioner," Vilma said.

It's a good question. Only it's one that shouldn't be posed to Goodell, the NFL office or the media. It's one meant for NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith, the players' union and Vilma's peers.

Heck, it's one Vilma should be asking himself, and here's why: BECAUSE THE NFLPA AGREED TO THAT PROCESS WHEN IT SIGNED THE NEW CBA, AND NFL PLAYERS RATIFIED IT.

I don't care if he doesn't like it. He signed off on it. So did his union. If Vilma has a complaint it's with the people who thought this was a good idea, and somebody must have. The players didn't oppose it. In fact, I don't remember anyone bringing this up last year when negotiations were underway.

"It's a little bit disingenious when you're calling the process unfair and wondering what happened to due process," said one league insider. "The CBA answers that question."

The NFL wasn't going to agree to a new CBA without Goodell gaining broad authority when it came to "integrity of the game" issues, but all the NFLPA had to do was say, "No." It could have negotiated a middle ground. It could have simply declined to go along with it. But it didn't, and now it's Vilma calling out the commissioner because the process is, in his words, "a sham."

I don't know, there's a something called a CBA that says it's not. And there are a couple of arbitrators out there who said it's not, too. In decisions made this month they ruled in favor of the NFL and Goodell, who execrcised the authority he was given ... yep, by players like Vilma, Will Smith, Scott Fujita and Anthony Hargrove. In fact, Fujita was part of the union's executive committee, so don't tell me he doesn't know what's going on here.

Afterward, he, Hargrove and Smith issued a statement where they said, "Words are cheap, power is fleeting" ... except they're not. The penalties the league imposed on all these guys will cost them substantially -- both in money and reputation -- and the power Goodell has is anything but fleeting. The last time I checked he has this authority for another nine seasons, with the NFLPA unable to exercise an "opt" clause because they never got one.

They agreed to a document that players now say is penalizing them, but their complaints are misplaced. They shouldn't be aimed at the commissioner or owners; they should be aimed at their leadership for agreeing to a deal that gives Goodell authority they say he shouldn't have.

Too bad they didn't think of this a year ago.

Vilma needs to suck it!

This makes me smile. Talk about something coming back to bite ya.

I know most of you guys (and girls) probably don't think there's anything strange about the way the NFL handled their investigation but this thing could potentially get very ugly for the commish:

The NFLPA investigation is worthless. They dont have the power or the means to actually have a investigation. They are grasping at straws and Goodell just dropped a royal flush on them and you know he has more ace cards.

The word is Williams and Vitt confirmed the existence of a program. Now what exactly they admitted is not 100% clear. But what does Williams have to lose by coming clean. He is permanently suspended and the Saints and PA have all threw him under the bus.

big_D, Falconsfan567, sdogg and 1 other like this

My favorite part of all of this is the NFLPA saying there is nomevidence and claiming to release all the evidence they had to media . . . When in fact they were holding stuff back

How would you be able to move to Cleveland after hanging yourself? unsure.png

LMAO!

Easy

you buy a one way express bus ticked and board the bus with a rope and

lock yourself in the rest room.

Typically the fumes take you out before the rope does, which gives you some added insurance.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Steve Smith has all of my respect. Sucks he is a Pantie. Loved this.

Interestingly enough, the guy that Steve Smith is pummeling at the end is Malcom Jenkins who tried to protect Harper from the hoard of Panthers that were beating on Harper. Smith yanked Jenkins away from the whole thing and singlehandedly whupped him. Classic

None of the information disclosed was any more eye-opening -- and telling -- than a slide from January 7, 2011 that was shown before the Saints' playoff loss to the Seattle Seahawks.

"Now's the time to do our jobs, collect bounty $. No apologies. Let's go hunting," the slide reads.

Accompanying the slide: A bunch of dollar bills and a picture of Duane Chapman, a.k.a. "Dog the Bounty Hunter."

This says so much about the Saints' alleged bounty program. The team was brazen enough to document the program on computers after previously being investigated about it. And the players were still having fun with it; it was how the players and coaches got motivated.

Dog the Bounty Hunter? Making slides is pretty freaking brave or stupid.

I love that they tried to make the bounty before the Seattle game. It apparently didnt go so well.

Yea , the viking game looked like there were all sorts of things wrong. It was like even the refs were paid to look the other way. I am all for playoffs being called differently and letting them work it out on the field. It was beyond that though.

paulitik likes this