Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Nfl Shows Reporters Proof Of Saints Suspensions

405 posts in this topic

Peter King@SI_PeterKing

NFL just showed reporters evidence in Saints case, incl allegation of $35k bounty, not just $10k, to knock Favre out of '09 NFC title game.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

NFL took 12 reporters into league office to present over one hour as to why Saints were suspended. Evidence compelling - and on SportsCenter

Peter King@SI_PeterKing

NFL also showed evidence on ledger that S Roman Harper once was due$1000 for knocking NYG RB Brandon Jacobs from a game.

Peter King@SI_PeterKing

The $35k bounty on Favre, the league claims, included a $5000 pledge from current interim Saints coach Joe Vitt.

How is Vitt not suspended too then?

I think he is suspended the first 8 games starting at the beginning of the regular season.

I wish they could suspend the whole team for this upcoming season and they would have to use replacement players. Would be embarassing if they beat us though.

If the Falcons were to lose to a team of replacement players than I would crawl under a rock and never show my face again. ph34r.png

FalconinPA, Falcons84 and Karst41 like this

I think he is suspended the first 8 games starting at the beginning of the regular season.

Probably right. So many people got suspended I must have forgotten about him....

"No. 1, at no time did any of our players ever cross the white line with the intention of hurting another player," Vitt said. "Now, that being said, I'm serving a six-game suspension for the spoken word, not the clenched fist."

Lmfao what a fuggin tool

Total Package and Robinit like this

Tough pill to swallow for resident deluded saints homers.

You mean the "where is the evidence?" screamers?

who for some reason thought the NFL would try and deliberately punish one of it's teams for no reason.

razrtalon likes this

The very same.

I've been demolishing their feeble arguments over in "RC."

They're dropping like flies.

The only thing you demolish is account names.

If the Falcons were to lose to a team of replacement players than I would crawl under a rock and never show my face again. ph34r.png

Ok what if the replacement team included Joey Harrington at QB and Laurent Robinson at WR?

I would hang myself and then move to Cleveland!

Beacon O' Truth likes this

I know most of you guys (and girls) probably don't think there's anything strange about the way the NFL handled their investigation but this thing could potentially get very ugly for the commish:

NFLPA’S OUTSIDE COUNSEL’S FINDINGS ON 'BOUNTY INVESTIGATION'

The Commissioner in this proceeding—and in any disciplinary proceeding—has the obligation to act impartially in the disciplining of players. As the representative of the game of football, this duty of the Commissioner is as compelling as his obligation to protect the game of football. His interest should not be in rubber-stamping any pronouncement of punishment, but rather ensuring that justice is done.

As a servant of the game, the Commissioner’s threefold aim should be to protect the men who play the game, administer discipline in a fair and even manner and protect the image of the game. While he may strike hard blows, he is not at liberty to strike foul ones. The unfair discipline of players for their alleged involvement in a pay-to-injure/bounty program violated the Commissioner’s duty to refrain from resorting to improper methods to defend an unsubstantiated pronouncement.

After four months, the following facts have now been established. The Commissioner, NFL personnel and their outside counsel:

• Ran a sloppy investigation that inexplicably included a decision to not question any of the coaches about the documentary evidence used as a basis for punishment.
  • Punished players before they had the ability to confront, challenge or explain a single piece of evidence used against them.
  • Launched a public campaign in the media to support the discipline and tarnish the reputations of players before any hearing, effectively destroying any claim that the Commissioner could act as an impartial arbitrator.
  • Withheld any and all evidence from the players for nearly four months despite repeated requests for full information and full transparency.
  • Falsely characterized witness interviews to draw false conclusions about players’ involvement in a pay-to-injure scheme.
  • Retained a former U.S. Attorney to whitewash the investigation by employing her to conduct a media conference call affirming an investigation she was not part of.
  • Employed the same former U.S. Attorney to today’s hearing to read the report of an investigation she did not conduct, but prohibited her from answering any questions from the players.
  • Refused to make any coaches involved in preparing the supposed documentary evidence available for interviews by the players or at today’s hearing.
  • Provided only 200 pages out of their claimed 18,000 pages of materials and refused to provide any materials that might be exculpatory.
  • Without explanation, produced at today’s hearing a declaration from a team advisor who said that no bounty program existed.
  • Inexplicably relied upon an article and a blog post written after the investigation had concluded and punishment had been issued as ‘evidence’ even though they had supposedly collected thousands of documents proving players participated in a pay-to-injure scheme.
  • Refused a three-day adjournment and delay of the appeals hearing so that the players could perform a more comprehensive review of the documents.

In this matter, the conduct of the Commissioner and his representatives has undermined the fundamental process contemplated by the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Through this abuse, these players have been denied any semblance of due process and fairness.

At a time when some question the safety and integrity of the game, the failure by those charged to act responsibly and fairly have challenged our collective faith and confidence in the league.

-- Richard Smith, NFLPA Outside Counsel

Ok what if the replacement team included Joey Garrington at QB and Laurent Robinson at WR?

What is the difference between under a rock and and moving to cleveland?

Falconsfan567 likes this

Ok what if the replacement team included Joey Garrington at QB and Laurent Robinson at WR?

How would you be able to move to Cleveland after hanging yourself? unsure.png

What is the difference between under a rock and and moving to cleveland?

LMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know most of you guys (and girls) probably don't think there's anything strange about the way the NFL handled their investigation but this thing could potentially get very ugly for the commish:

You've been saying it for months so I'll go ahead and say it.

PROOF? Where's the proof that any of that is legit?

I wish they could suspend the whole team for this upcoming season and they would have to use replacement players. Would be embarassing if they beat us though. biggrin.png

Really?

And where is your proof of this purported funny business?

You can claim conspiracy all you want.

But currently you've got ZERO weight.

Honestly Dtan I thought you would know that doesn't stop some people.

Don’t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience".Greg King

Beacon O' Truth likes this

You've been saying it for months so I'll go ahead and say it.

PROOF? Where's the proof that any of that is legit?

Actually, I've been banned from this site since the MNF game last year, and this is my first post on the subject. BUT SINCE YOU ASK...

I don't know that he has proof. I don't even know that the Saints didn't have a bounty system in place. How can any of us know that for a fact? I do think that it's a little disturbing how quickly certain people seemed to accept it as gospel truth without any hard evidence but I guess that's just the football climate these days. The NFL may well have proof that we ran a pay for injury program in place, but if we're being 100% honest all I've seen so far was reinforcement of a pay for performance program, and there's a pretty important distinction. But we still broke the rules and got hammered.

At this point there's really nothing the Saints players or coaches can do to get vindication from this, the damage is done. Vilma *might* get some kind of retribution in court depending on if he can even get a judge to hear his case, but that won't help the team. Best case scenario for football is somewhere down the road Goodell tramples over the CBA one to many times and a proper check and balance is arbitrated into it, but it'll likely be at the expense of a few more teams along the way. Maybe the Falcons will be one of those teams, who knows? You'll always have a shoulder to lean on, dirtybirds.

What, the NFLPA's attorney is taking their side???

Color me shocked!!ohmy.png

And where is your proof of this purported funny business?

You can claim conspiracy all you want.

But currently you've got ZERO weight.

Your post is NOT spot-on, sadly. I never said anything about conspiracy. I have a feeling some of your followers might need this spelled out explicitly, so here goes : I don't believe the commisioner conspired against my team.

I do, hoever, think his ivestigation was a rush-job, despite the whole "3 year" descriptor that has been mistakenly attached to it. If he'd have actually spent 3 years looking into this the case would have been one of two ways:

1). 100% air-tight.

2). Dismissed.

This is just my opinion, but I feel that if his intent was to protect the integrity of the game and punish those that had violated the rules he would have just cited the clear evidence of an illegal pay for performance program and punished it accordingly. I think the association of a "bounty" program was merely a target of opportunity which potentially gave the League an Exhibit B to sumbit in the forthcoming ex-player lawsuits. Could've been any team but the Saints got caught, luck of the draw you could say.